SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it over the top ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quarternelson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Is it over the top ... Reply with quote

John Kerry is a decorated war veteran who turned against the war for whatever reasons. He aided the enemy by actively portraying our armed forces as a horde of rapists and pilagers with the support of their military leadership. He used his position as a combat veteran to establish his credibilty with his incredulous accusations.

George Bush served in the Texas and Georgia National Guard, and has been attacked as avoiding combat and not completing his service as required.

Consider a fantasy election between Benedict Arnold and Thomas Jefferson. After all, Arnold was a war hero, who later turned against it and actively supported the enemy. Arnold claimed that he did this in the best interests of those nascent Americans since he considered it unwinnable. I choose Jefferson since he was accused of running away from the British when they approached Monticello. Is this really over the top?
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT is some powerful logic.

Even if you're talking to somebody who doesn't equate Kerry == Benedict Arnold, and Bush == Jefferson, it's hard to argue the basic philosophy.

I'm going to have to use that in the not too distant future.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just watching Fox news and they had a report about the anti Kerry film and then they seemed to settle it by showing a clip of BOBBY MULLER stating that Kerry was absolutely right about what he said in front of Congress!

Sheesh! Bobby Muller was one of those guys who was kerry's buddy during that time! How can Fox be so eager to allow that guy to sway the tide on whether or not the Vets against Kerry have a case????? I am really starting to wonder about Fox now.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it over the top ... Reply with quote

quarternelson wrote:
John Kerry is a decorated war veteran who turned against the war for whatever reasons. He aided the enemy by actively portraying our armed forces as a horde of rapists and pilagers with the support of their military leadership. He used his position as a combat veteran to establish his credibilty with his incredulous accusations.

George Bush served in the Texas and Georgia National Guard, and has been attacked as avoiding combat and not completing his service as required.

Consider a fantasy election between Benedict Arnold and Thomas Jefferson. After all, Arnold was a war hero, who later turned against it and actively supported the enemy. Arnold claimed that he did this in the best interests of those nascent Americans since he considered it unwinnable. I choose Jefferson since he was accused of running away from the British when they approached Monticello. Is this really over the top?

Sorry. I was so ticked about the Fox report that I didn't even make a comment about your post. I think I would have to go with Jefferson.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Bush did not "runaway" from anything. His aircraft was no longer being used for MIG suppression in Viet Nam. It was also being withdrawn from service in U.S. air defense. Read Byron York's article about how many points (President) Bush accumulated. Many more than he needed to. In addition, early outs were a common occurrence in the '70's. I accept your premise about Arnold-Kerry, but not Jefferson-Bush. In fact, it was Kerry who fled danger, both during his time in Swift Boats and when leaving with three faked Purple Hearts after less than 3 months combat.
ohanakat
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good analogy! Though Jefferson is probably not the best choice among the founding fathers (as already stated). Franklin might be a good choice. If memory serves he did a lot to finance the rebellion and his printing press was active, but probably was too old to actually fight. While Bush wasn't too old, it looks to me like the action kinda passed him by... not enough experience when he volunteered to go to VN, and then his specialty not needed and a glut of pilots (in the reserves anyways).

There's probably someone better if we put our thoughts to it, if it matters.

Kat
1984_All_Over_Again
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quota for Kerry Talking Points Exceeded - Admin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: