SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Little help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Little help please Reply with quote

I was gone over the weekend and just had time to go through the newspapers I didnt read.
I came across this big add put out by Veterans for kerry,Lane county. they have thier club and want you to come to thier next meeting,sept. 8 at 7pm.
I called thier number to get directions to thier hq. The lady I talked with asked what I was looking for? I told her I was looking for a president that didnt give aid and comfort to the enemy!
Anyway, this little club is having thier meeting tomorrow at the Vets Club,(Veterans Memorial Building).
Does the VFW endorse kerry?, can we have an anti-kerry meeting at the vets club?
Ive put in a call but havent heard back.(might help if I get off this machine)
Let me know----thanks
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: a little help please Reply with quote

Unfortunatly for some unknown reason. Yes the VFW has endorsed Kerry.
They wouldn't however, endorse George Bush Senior when he was running. Go figure.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you got your information Lefty. Here's a link to VFW website where they explain they don't endorse anyone.

http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=news.newsDtl&did=2130
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: VFW Reply with quote

Thanks Nate, Im still waiting for a call from post 293, If they can have a kerry luv-in then I want to go over with a sign, maybe like "kerry lied while good men died" (I stole that slogan)
If you would have read this add it would appear as though it was sponsored by VFW.
lefty
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: little help please Reply with quote

Maybe they have since changed but I was watching ExPresident Bush SR. on CNN last week and he said the VFW was supporting Kerry. Sorry I just figured he should know.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: answered my own ? Reply with quote

Few days ago I got a call back from post 293 , I asked if they were endorseing kerry , he said pretty much they are just renting the building. Any one can rent it, they need the bucks.
I asked if there was any problem with me running around with a sign about kerry ? he said just stay on the sidewalk.
We had a good laugh when he told me the kerry lovers thought they shouldnt have to pay!

A--,G--,or G----, Nobody rides for free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: