SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another piece from Ann Coulter on Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Another piece from Ann Coulter on Kerry Reply with quote

You just have to love the way Ann writes straight and to the point!

http://www.anncoulter.org/

The More John Kerry Changes, The More He Stays The Same
September 8, 2004

There's been a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth among the Democrats since Vice President Cheney said if the country makes the wrong choice on Election Day, "then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States." (I mean there is weeping among Democrats who aren't actually rooting for us to get hit again because "we deserve it!")

I believe this is one of those "issues" Democrats claim to be champing at the bit to discuss – in lieu of discussing the charges of the Swift Boat veterans. In fact, there is no more important issue in this election: Which candidate will best protect America from terrorist attack? Hint: It's not the guy whose running mate (sounding so much like Sean Hayes from "Will and Grace" it was eerie) said their message to the terrorists was: "We will destroy youuuuuuu!"

Of course, it gets complicated trying to do a side-by-side comparison of the candidates' positions on terrorism since we don't know which John Kerry is running for president. The one who opposes war with Iraq or the one who supports it? The one who opposes the Patriot Act or the one who voted for it? The one who wants to work with the allies, or the one who ridicules them when they support America?

The only way Kerry's constantly changing positions on little matters like war would seem rational is if we found out he was using a Ouija board to determine his positions – much as he's using a crystal ball to predict when we should start removing U.S. troops from Iraq. Six months – whoops, no, four years. Stupid crystal balls – they never work!

Republicans have been having raucous fun trying to predict what Kerry's next policy shift will be. Education? AIDS? Pollution? Dang! He picked women's rights! OK, here's another dollar. Give me three more balls, please.

While waiting for the Ouija board to give us Kerry's final answer on the Iraq war, perhaps we could get an answer on something simpler – like whether or not Kerry owns an SUV.

During the Democratic primaries, Kerry went to Michigan and bragged to the Detroit News: "We have some SUVs. We have a Jeep. We have a couple of Chrysler minivans. We have a PT Cruiser up in Boston. I have an old Dodge 600 that I keep in the Senate. ... We also have a Chevy, a big Suburban." He was starting to sound like a used-car dealer in a giant cowboy hat peddling his wares in a cheesy, low-budget late-night TV commercial: "We got Jeeps, we got PT Cruisers, we got minivans, and they're priced to move, folks ..."

But a few months after Kerry won the Michigan primary in February, the feckless opportunist told a bunch of environmentalists: "I don't own an SUV." When pressed on the apparent contradiction, Kerry explained: "The family has it. I don't have it." We're still waiting for reaction from some group calling themselves "SUV Owners for the Truth."

As I recall, when it came to funding his campaign last January with a $6 million mortgage on the "family" home in Boston – owned by Kerry's billionaire wife – he was not so picky about what he owns and what she owns. Back then, Kerry had somewhat more liberal views on the notion of "community property" – or maybe that was just the pre-nup talking.

The "family" angle could also explain Kerry's positions on the wall in Israel: His wife supports it and he opposes it!

Speaking to an Arab group in Michigan in October 2003, Kerry called Israel's erection of a wall between Israeli and Palestinian areas "another barrier to peace."

But a few months later, Kerry got on the fence on the subject of the wall. Adding clarity to the subject, his campaign issued a memo in February, saying Kerry took the precise opposite position of his earlier position. The memo said: "John Kerry supports the construction of Israel's security fence to stop terrorists from entering Israel. The security fence is a legitimate act of self-defense ..."

So the wall was either (1) a barrier to peace or (2) a legitimate act of self-defense. The campaign then said Kerry had meant to say the real barrier to peace was Pink Floyd's "The Wall."

While Kerry works out his positions, apparently the voters have decided that their legitimate act of self-defense is to vote for Bush.
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Ann Coulter - why can't *I* get on her website?
Have tried in vain for a few weeks now.

Quote:
Hmm can't understand why you can't get to her site unless it's being blocked by a firewall? Is this at home or at work?

Home - no internet firewall beyond XP Pro's lenient settings (dynamic IP addy, not so critical for me) - haven't had a problem with any other website. Have redirected many popup IP's to addy 127.0.0.1 but I doubt that would interfere with her site.

Quote:
I know that the mods won't consider you if you don't fill out a profile. Beyond that, I couldn't say. I've been on it quite a while. I'm assuming you're referring to the forum.

No, just trying to view the homepage - even added it to 'Trusted Sites' which enables cookies on my machine. It's odd.

Thanks for asking Smile

Last edited by Rovercop on Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:54 am; edited 2 times in total
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm can't understand why you can't get to her site unless it's being blocked by a firewall? Is this at home or at work?
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rovercop wrote:

I know that the mods won't consider you if you don't fill out a profile. Beyond that, I couldn't say. I've been on it quite a while. I'm assuming you're referring to the forum.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SUV Owners for the Truth

Too funny! Very Happy
JROTC
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. RoverCop,

For ____ & giggles, try a link from Drudge's site:

http://www.anncoulter.org/

I noticed something interesting from your post that I had not noticed before - I read her often enough. Note: her website states "anncoulter.com", but the "link" is for "anncoulter.org" - maybe this is it, maybe not. When I "hang-up" from this post, I'll try ".com" and see what happens - should've tried that before this post.

Hope this helps. Take care ...
Rovercop
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
JROTC - Hope this helps. Take care ...

Thanks buddy, and all who've offered a hand - link will not work from any of four machines in my home (one has a very fresh install of XP/SP1). I am a member of BOR's Premium Membership - no problems there...no problems on ANY other site - a former LAN admin weenie, this kinda torques me a bit.

- and NO - there's no way I've been deliberately banned from that site. It makes no sense whatsoever.

In order to disuade further attention on this 'personal' matter (distracts from purpose of this discussion group) I'll attempt to hit that site from work to see what the deal is.

Unless, of course, you have suggestions via PM.
Thanks Again <S>! Smile
IpsoFacto
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krazykat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To access Coulter articles, go to www.townhall.com

She is one of their listed contribution writers.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the websites listed on this thread work on both my laptop and desktop computers.

Dr. Condoleezza Rice for President and Ann Coulter for Vice-President in 2008.

www.rice2008.com
Hogan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the same problem for the past few weeks, but I can access it from work without a problem. I thought I was going crazy.
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Ann must be on vacation... Reply with quote

As they say in sports, "she phoned this one in." Rehashed stuff from the primaries. Her statement that "Kerry was indisputably brave in Vietnam" would not been made if she read "Unfit to Command".

I don't believe she has read it. Come on Ann, you can do better!

I take it back... Some how I was directed to an old column! But still I thought should could have done better with the "target rich environment" the Kerry campaign presents.

Last edited by vickie on Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hogan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rovercop wrote:

Quote:

Home - no internet firewall beyond XP Pro's lenient settings (dynamic IP addy, not so critical for me) - haven't had a problem with any other website. Have redirected many popup IP's to addy 127.0.0.1 but I doubt that would interfere with her site.

Quote:

No, just trying to view the homepage - even added it to 'Trusted Sites' which enables cookies on my machine. It's odd.

Thanks for asking Smile

Rovercop, I just sent you a private message about this. I'm having the same issue for the last few weeks.
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann must be on vacation... Reply with quote

vickie wrote:
Her statement that "Kerry was indisputably brave in Vietnam" would not been made if she read "Unfit to Command".

I almost went cross-eyed trying to find that statement. Where did she say it?
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Ann Coulter Reply with quote

sbu_21412 wrote:
She gets paid to write spin and half-truths.

I never take any of her stuff seriously.

Read:

Blinded By the Right - by David Brock ... He explains all this stuff in detail, the funding, etc... because he participated in it, and got paid to do it 92-98 or so...

I can't help but take her seriously. She's HOT!

Besides, she tells it all in a funny way...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: