SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keep holding the MSM to the fire!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Keep holding the MSM to the fire! Reply with quote

I called the AP this morning in Washington DC [(202) 776-9400] to ask them about this paragraph in an AP report by Matt Kelley with a DC tagline entitled, "Bush Piloted Guard Trainers Before He Quit."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4485970,00.html
http://www.bentoncourier.com/articles/2004/09/10/ap/headlines/d850nrdo0.txt
This article contained the sentence:
“Republican critics have accused Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry, a decorated Vietnam combat veteran, of fabricating the incidents which led to his five medals.”

I asked the AP in DC what Kelley meant by "Republican critics" and whether he was referring to the Swift Vets and someone named Kara said – “the Swift Vets have had ties to the Republican party so I think that’s a fair thing to say.” Right..."Fair"...in your foggy brain I suppose!

I told her it should read "Some Vietnam Veterans" or "Critics..." Perhaps a minor point except they pound and pound this stuff at us til the "masses" are brainwashed. So it's high time we held 'em to account!

There are SO many example so how this happens all over the MSM...in so called "news" stories that are pablum fed to the unsuspecting masses...for the longest time outlets were reporting that "no one in the SBVFT served directly on Kerry's boat(s)" - FALSE- also, the inaccuracies as to how the group is being funded - just blatantly false or lying...well I think the masses are (finally) waking up!

I think the suggestion to boycott CBS until they source their bogus Bush docs is a fine idea...

Sleepless in Seattle
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just sent my local cbs affiliate the following, feel free to copy paste whatever part appeals..

Quote:
Dear 10 News,

You have got to be kidding me!

Does CBS believes people are so stupid they won't know stonewalling when they see it?

The cover-up is worse than the crime, and the crime was so poorly done it deserves a spot on Dumbest Criminals.

I realize I am writing to a local affiliate and that you don't have any control over the decissions CBS headquarters makes. I would suggest disassociating yourselves from CBS.

Make a deal with Drudge for your news department. Your viewership would easily quadruple overnight. Do something, anything! Or stay with CBS until you can't sell advertising for free.

The point of this email? I won't be watching any program with the CBS logo on it. I won't be buying products from any company that advertises on CBS.

Just thought I'd let you know.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: