SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Dobbs for Dogcatcher (ltr to WaPo) re: front page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Michael Dobbs for Dogcatcher (ltr to WaPo) re: front page Reply with quote

9/9/04
To: Editor, Washington Post

Michael Dobbs For Dogcatcher

I’m a dog lover, have four right now and many others in memory. Being a real fan of the canine clan, I had a flash of inspiration today as I read Michael Dobbs’ front page Washington Post article (“Records Say Bush Balked at Order”, 9/9/04 p. A01). Our Mr. Dobbs, poor lad—is in the wrong job!

Consider. If we could just get Michael to kick this stubborn notion that he belongs in investigative journalism, and get him elected Dogcatcher. . . .then every dog in his patrol area would be liberated from the threat of being snared and brought to the dock. They would be saved from their day of reckoning. But wait, it gets better. Sooner or later, most dogcatchers that didn’t ever seem to be able to net any undocumented hounds, would get found out, and replaced. But, if our new Monty Python-style Dogcatcher could just cruise around and look diligent, and official, kind of like the Minister of Funny Walks, you know, an Inspector Clouseau of the Canine Catchment Corps. . . .wow. We could have a de facto amnesty for our four legged friends that went on for who knows how long. I’m telling you, this guy has The Right Stuff. Roll the theme from “Born Free”.

A whole lot of us out here find it insultingly ironic that the Washington Post has chosen (yet again) to fixate its entire energy baying after inconsequential glitches in George Bush’s Air National Guard service records. Meanwhile, back in the jungle, the John Kerry war (and postwar) record files continue to pulse a fraud potential toxic enough to set off a geiger counter at half a mile. There are almost too many questions begging answers to count. But our man Dobbs can’t find seem to find his abacus for the life of him. As I recall this is the same Washington Post of Watergate renown that carved its proclamation “the coverup is worse than the crime” in the stone of political journalism. OK, then what about coverup-enablers or facilitators? What’s the pronouncement on that?

And just to to make this whole deal redundantly repulsive, it seems like some of the new Bush “evidence” that the Post is panting about, is quite likely bogus. Made up. Manufactured. Now who would do something like that? Must be the Swift Boat Vets again.

Yeah, right. Well Mr. Dobbs-Clouseau, here’s a kleenex for you. Wipe the cold cream off the end of your nose.

Jeff Carrington
West Simsbury, CT
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,
This was hilarious Laughing Doubt if the Post will publish it, but, my goodness, you really laid it on the line. Wonder when the Post and company will ever wake up!! Thanks for sharing this with us!
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Rope! Reply with quote

Give him more rope!
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, I just went online to the Washington Post web site and see that they have a new article by Michael Dobbs on page A1.

Now, for this article, Michael Dobbs deserves our praise, I think! Check it out at
Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9967-2004Sep9.html?referrer=email
Some Question Authenticity of Papers on Bush

By Michael Dobbs and Mike Allen
Washington Post Staff Writers
Friday, September 10, 2004; Page A01
Jeff Carrington
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW, thanks for the heads up, I did check it out and pleasantly surprised. I admire your sense of fair play. Wish there were a few like you on the other side. As for me I'm a lost cause. Viscerally angry at the Post for pulling the shameless stunts they have with this whole Swiftvets story, when so much is at stake for the country. I'm going to keep barking at them in chorus with my hounds. Dobbs ever drives down my street, we'll bite his tires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: