SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former TX Lt. Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Former TX Lt. Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight. Reply with quote

According to the Don and Roma show on WLS 890 in Chicago, Dan Rather is going to have the former TX lt gov on 60 minutes tonight, apparently the whole story has been debunked by the ever liberal LA Times yet Rather is running with it anyway.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Ben Barns ???? Reply with quote

Co chair of elect John curry oops Kerry
liberal Demo.
Crook
did Lottery deal for Texas got 3.5 cents on every ticket
does lottery loby work in 37 states
Texas Savings and Loan proplem man
Bank scandel,
Lives close to Kerry in Nonutskety on the bithch with lots of sand in
his head.

We Texans are trying to revoke his "Texas Permit" and have him made
an unhonor Mass. sit/ta/zen.

other than that have a nice day Ben with the other sorry x-Texan Dan
blahther
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Former TX Lt. Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight. Reply with quote

bsjracing wrote:
According to the Don and Roma show on WLS 890 in Chicago, Dan Rather is going to have the former TX lt gov on 60 minutes tonight, apparently the whole story has been debunked by the ever liberal LA Times yet Rather is running with it anyway.

Anyone have a link for this (the LA Times story)?

It must be borne in mind that Rather (see ratherbiased.com!) is a major.

A Major suck-up, that is.

Major Bias too.

He all but fella**d Saddam trying to get an interview with the Dictator.

He won't get the Swifties a fair shake but if there is the slightest possibiity that Bush could be embarassed Dan Rather is on it.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is B.S. He was not even Lt. Governor at the time of Bush's guard service. The MSM is shameless. They are so in the tank for the traitor it is sickening. The traitor clearly lied about Cambodia, about his being at a VVAW meeting to kill U.S. senators, about meeting the commies in Paris. Annd on and on you think they would look into theese much more valid charges. They will do anything to get the traitor in office. That is why there ratings are going down and Fox is going up, people are getting sick of the MSM. If the charges were reversed they would be all over Bush
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

link about this interview tonight - Dan Rather is at it again-

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=559273
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Former TX Lt. Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight. Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
He all but fella**d Saddam trying to get an interview with the Dictator.

He was last in a long line to fe##ate Saddam...i.e. behind the human shields, Jim McDermott, and Sean Penn.

Zell Miller
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnes was never Governor. He was Lt Governor, and not even when Bush went into service. He was speaker of the Texas house then. He then goes on to say that "no one asked me to, but I knew they wanted me to".

He is also the third biggest individual contributor to Kerry in Texas.

He is a major fund raiser for Kerry. If The Swift Boat Vets were "controlled" by the Bush camp than Barnes is the Kerry camp.

Nor is this first time that Barnes has made these charges. He made them several years ago and it was reported, and found largely to be baseless. Not necessarily false, just absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that it was true. Apparently that's an important difference to the MSM. On this story at least. Other stories have different criteria.

But what really bugs me about this, is... even if true, are they suggesting that this information would somehow be a predictive tool of how Bush would behave as President?

How about we use the last four years as a predictive tool for how Bush would act as President? I bet that would be more reliable.

Bush is a known quality. The MSM doesn't get it. They still don't understand that the reason the Swift Boat Vets story has hung around is because that when people independently look into the allegations, the charges hold up and Kerry's stories do not.

You couldn't just smear Kerry and think it would stick. It was the fact the stories were true and Kerry's awful response that made the difference.

I think this is relevant to this board solely because it is such an obvious counter punch by the MSM to Kerry's falling numbers.

Other than that, who cares?
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My email to CBS

Dan Rather's interview tonight with the former Lt Governor of Texas is nothing but a smear campaign. The not so honorable Mr Barnes claims he, as Lt Gov, opened the door for President Bush to serve in the Air National Guard. President Bush joined the Guard in 1968, Barnes didn't become Lt Governor until 1969. It is obviously biased reporting that has destroyed any credibility I once gave to CBS news, and your tired poster boy Dan Rather. I am planning on watching tonight, only to see who is buying ad time on the show, so that I can contact them and tell them how I feel.

You can reply to CBSnews by going here
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60II/main3475.shtml

then click contact us

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
ISHMAEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry. The public is not buying it. The MSM overestimate their influence.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is old stuff regurgitated over and over again. Since Kerry has no platform and has nothing to run on except for his vietnam days, the liberal press has decided to bring this topic up again. You will likely see regurgitation of other previous discussions (his dui, etc) in the coming weeks as the liberal media will unleash a last minute desperate attempt to salvage the Kerry's candidacy. These are the same media folks who are discrediting any attack on their Johnny boy, and ignoring Kerry's past as mere "youthful inexperience." Such hypocrisy is truly disgusting beyond expression.

Dan Rather certainly ranks among the worst of liberal press people, and his bias is as blatant as you can get. I called him Baghdad Dan after his shameful display of a** kissing Saddam prior to the war...

Last edited by bach04 on Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Ben Barnes Reply with quote

Texas Monthly Talks -- http://www.KLRU.org/texasmonthlytalks/archives/barnes/bio.asp

Confirms that Ben Barnes did not take office until 1969. He was UN Rep to Switzerland in 1968.

Medics, we're there when you need us.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=14993

I emailed CBS for this piece, everybody shoot them a letter!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more on Barnes:

http://www.gop.com/RNCResearch/Read.aspx?ID=4625
Enlistedman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Former TX Lt Gov Barnes on 60 minutes tonight Reply with quote

There is so much muck and mud in this posting I though it would help some folk clear up their heads with a little tool.
It is also useful in weeding through JK speeches and books.
Right now it is clear no one is in charge and everyone on the Kerry team is trying to take control and drive the ship.
Here is the link if it is still active
It is the old Carl Sagan, "Baloney Detection Kit" at www.xenue.net/archive/baloney_detection.html
If anyone has problems I'll e-mail or post PM to your address of choice.
I don't have an active web site anylonger.
And I really miss being able to run 60 miles a week since I got hurt three years ago.
Keep up to date with your Vet benefits, it's a matter of our countries integrity.
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a mental exercise for all of us.

Let's assume it's all true. George Bush got some help getting into the National Guard, like lots of other sons of prominent people.

Now let's compare that to:
* willful exaggeration and falsfication of military reports
* deriliction of duty causing the needless death of a baby & father
* using 3 self-inflicted scratches to bail out of Nam early
* false testimony to the U.S. Senate
* participation in assassination plot discussions with VVAW
* smearing millions of veterans
* smearing millions of Guardsmen as "betraying their country"
* illegal negotiations with Viet Cong while still a Naval officer
* while a Senator, ignoring POW/MIA evidence to promote Vietnam normalization for the finanical benefit of family members

I'm sorry, it's not even close! Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: