SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POW -v- POW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enlistedman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: POW -v- POW Reply with quote

I was watching the Nobody cares channel and got freeze framed on a Kieth Oberman interview.
On the phone was a caller who generated several credentials stating he was a POW and was adjacent to several other POWs who he climed could back him up on the fact that none of the Cong's used JK's statement as a torture weapon to break down the POW's and get them to admit they also committed war crimes. The gentileman on the phone claimed he was not held one day beyond the withdraw of troops from NAM and Kerry's statement never causd him any extra of harsh treatment while he was a POW.
What stuck me was the familare arrogent attitude he had, I know I heard the voice before but could not place it on the tip of my tounge.
I get a feeling more of these types of POW's are going to surface. They are well studied on books but I get the feeling from the tone of the caller he lacked a critical element any war captive walks away with.
I wonder if he can describe "hugging a tree", or tapping out an invitation to communicate. It might be intertaining to place these goof balls to the test when they pop up in interviews next time. I real serious about their cridentials and what they actually did durring Nam and why they hide behind the end of a phone.
I never made it to Nam and was disappointed that I missed it. But I did get spit on and called my share of names, in fact I have been atacked in my sleep, pissed on and called names in languages I couldn't understand just because of an era.
Go get JK and all the other slime "big brother", and spit in their face to return the favors they did for my generation.
And I really miss being able to run 60 miles a week since I got hurt three years ago.
Keep up to date with your Vet benefits, it's a matter of our countries integrity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: