SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the AP turning on CBS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Is the AP turning on CBS? Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20040910/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_guard_questions_8

The AP weighs in on the CBS document scandal, commenting on Rather's comments on the nightly news defending the documents. The AP then ATTACKS those assertions with it's own expert, who says they would testify IN COURT that the documents were forgeries! They also put a negative spin on the end of the story, letting the Bush people have the last word and blame the DNC!

What's going on here? Is CBS going down? Is the MSM going to let Rather fall?

And, most importantly, can the Swift Boat Veterans exploit this change of heart by at least some of the MSM? I am curious.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the writer, Matt Kelley, the one who was a former Marine and embedded in the 3rd ID in Iraq for FOX News? If so, might explain the different focus.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Kelly is who you are thinking of.
This is going to Geedunk Shortly.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched rather for the first time in a long time. What a crock. After listening to Rush, Hannity and Snow all day long, I know there is a hell of a lot of evidence that rather did not show. THe wife, son, other friends, all the evidence. sheese.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not Michael Kelly; I know he died in Iraq and was a writer for the Washington Post. Sorely missed.

It was a younger guy, who had been a Marine, but was embedded with the 3rd ID for FOX. He was with them when they traveled down that highway from the airport and eventually to the palaces. His name may not have been Matt Kelley, but it is "conflated in my mind" as Kerry would never admit saying.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, my error on that one. Now I am racking my brain for the other guys name.
Anyhow enough hijacking of the thread here. The AP going after CBS and Rather is something else, maybe needing to make up for their erroneous stroy of booing President Bush wishing Clinton well.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile It's Greg Kelly
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Greg Kelly from FNC that was an embed.
________
575m maranello

Last edited by m_drummond on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS is so debunked they are too stupid and pathetic to realize it....

They even got this moron, IMHO, to do the interview before the broadcast...

Double STUPIDITY....

Mind if we hang you and your credibility out to dry... Sure no problem says the HANDWRITING EXPERT..

EXPERT.... I debunked this jerk in 30 minutes by comparing the REAL Killian Signatures......

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manelly wrote:
Smile It's Greg Kelly

Thank you. Half-right is half-bright. Uh, no, don't want that one; don't want to be confused with Madeline Half-Bright. In anyway whatsoever.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the story:

Quote:
Retired Col. Maurice Udell, the unit's instructor pilot who helped train Bush, said Friday he thought the documents were fake.

"I completely am disgusted with this (report) I saw on '60 Minutes,'" Udell said. "That's not true. I was there. I knew Jerry Killian. I went to Vietnam with Jerry Killian in 1968."

This is so sad, it's not just another veteran that Kerry/DNC/CBS is using for their own political aims, it's a Vietnam vet. They truly have no respect for vets or their memories. RIP Col. Killian. Sad
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Retired Col. Maurice Udell, the unit's instructor pilot who helped train Bush, said Friday he thought the documents were fake.

"I completely am disgusted with this (report) I saw on '60 Minutes,'" Udell said. "That's not true. I was there. I knew Jerry Killian. I went to Vietnam with Jerry Killian in 1968."

It would have been perfect had he said something about serving with Jerry Killian in Vietnam as Bush was joining our unit.

Drudge has a link about Rather's expert. This is in reference to the Vince Foster suicide note!

Quote:
Then the program turned to Marcel Matley, identified as a "handwriting examiner" with no further credentials given, who offered his opinion that the "suicide" note is genuine. Matley believes that the "deteriorated copy" of the note.... that is, it's been copied over too many times.... and the "stress" Foster was presumably under account for the differences in handwriting.

http://fennel.assumption.edu/~guest/view/1996/View0396.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: