SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS Document Examiner Marcel Matley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: CBS Document Examiner Marcel Matley Reply with quote

CBS's expert document examiner was Marcel Matley. This person can be contacted at:
Marcel Matley
A and M Matley
PO Box 882401
San Francisco, CA 94188-2401
Bus (415) 753-2832
Bus (800) 367-8403
Fax (415) 753-3346
mmatley@aol.com
info@forensic.org

I think that a letter should be written to this person demanding a written evaluation. This person is an expert (so it says) in handwriting analysis but I question this person's ability with typewriting until further notice.
What say you?

This information needs to be cross-blogged with Powerline.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the association of professional document examiners. Shall we have a go at them?

http://www.forensic.org/index.html
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I am afraid that Mr. Dan Rather CBS has left the world with the impression that you have authenticated some documents to be genuine.. While they claim you were consulted on the authenticity of the Bush Texas Air National Guard Documents (4 pages to be exact) I am incredulous that someone with your credentials would agree that the type style or even the signatures are authentic. I have studied the documents and I do not agree that the signature is that of Lt. Col. Jerry Killian nor does his wife. Further, any person with a few years of practice using old IBM typewriters graduating to the modern day computers knows full well that the characters of the typed words as well as the proportional spacing on those documents could not have been executed on a run-of-the-mill typewriter in 1972. Lt. Col. Killian's wife has even stated that her late husband did not even know how to type and that he usually left scraps of handwritten notes. Dozens of document examiners from across the country disagree with the claims that CBS is making on your behalf that the documents are genuine. I suggest that for the sake of your reputation you set about issuing a public statement on any other network disavowing the notion that Dan Rather left in the minds of viewers this evening that the documents are, in fact, what they are claimed to be.
Floridavietvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Nomorelies....looks like you were "pressured to sugarcoat it". I was a little more direct in my email to Matley:

RE: Verification of Killian Documents

I don't know how much CBS paid you to vouch for these documents (then be silent) but, for your sake, I hope it was a lot. It is probably the last "expert testimony" money you are going to receive, now that the entire world has so easily uncovered your incorrect conclusions.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Questions mount on Guard memos' authenticity

By Rowan Scarborough
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A handwriting expert says the two signatures on purported Texas National Guard memos aired by CBS News this week are not those of President Bush's squadron commander, as asserted by "60 Minutes."

Until now, press scrutiny of the memos supposedly written by the late Lt. Col. Jerry B. Killian focused on the finding that the documents were, in the opinion of experts, produced by computers not yet in use in the early 1970s.

Eugene P. Hussey, a certified forensic document examiner in Washington state, said yesterday there is another flaw in the CBS memos. Mr. Hussey studied the known signatures of Col. Killian on Air Force documents, and two signatures on documents dated 1972 and 1973 that aired on "60 Minutes" Wednesday night.

"It is my limited opinion that Killian did not sign those documents," Mr. Hussey told The Washington Times. He said he uses the phrase "limited opinion" because he does not have the original documents. He, like other experts interviewed by the press, relied on copies of originals first obtained by CBS. The White House then distributed copies of the memos in what is said was the interest of full disclosure.

<snip>

Full aricle - http://washingtontimes.com/national/20040910-104821-5968r.htm

Hussey is the real thing. The following comes from Experts.com regarding his background;

Quote:
#1 Document Examiner
Eugene P. Hussey
President

Phone: 253-564-1340 (cell) 253-973-8503
Fax: 253-503-3565
1236 Coral Drive
Fircrest, Washington 98466-5830
United States

Mr. Eugene P. Hussey is a Board Certified Forensic Document Examiner. Having spent 24 years with the United States Secret Service, working in New York, Omaha, Philadelphia, Chicago and Seattle, Mr. Hussey has extensive experience working in the following areas:

Forged Government Documents
All Forged and Altered Documents
Counterfeit Currency
Handwriting Analysis

Professional Memberships:
Board Certified Forensic Document Examiner
Fellow and Diplomat of the American College of Forensic Examiners
National Association of Document Examiners
The Association of Former Agents of USSS
National Association of Chief of Police

What are Matley's credentials?
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very upstanding kinda guy? NOT!

http://expertpages.com/news/expert_ambush.htm

Trashhole!
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
Skypilot
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'The Expert Ambush: How to hold off your opponent until the cavalry arrives'... MARCEL MATLEY!

Twisted Evil MATLEY ALSO ANALYZED VINCE FOSTER SUICIDE NOTE... Twisted Evil

http://fennel.assumption.edu/~guest/view/1996/View0396.htm
Please Mr. Kerry Sign Form #180 Now!
Let the truth set you free? NOT!
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REal off topic here ... but since we're in geedunk ...

Interesting re: Vince Foster. Frankly, at the time, I took it with a grain of salt because of content. Essentially, who writes a suicide note talking about how depressed they are, and then saying their EMPLOYERS are so wonderful .... ??? Still beats me!!!

So, Matley's not a paragon of ethics.
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skypilot wrote:
A very upstanding kinda guy? NOT!

http://expertpages.com/news/expert_ambush.htm

Trashhole!

I may be wrong, but I think he is the same "expert" who said the Vince Foster suicide note was authantic?
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matley was only qualified (or so they say) to examine the signature, not the document itself. A scanned signature, cut and pasted into a forged document will certainly look authentic, but unless you have the original document with the signature in ink, his evaluation is worthless. If this is all Rather has, he is in the soup. He HAS to either produce the original documents or the source, or both.

Other, REAL, experts disagree in large numbers (much like the SBVT and Kerry, no?), making Matley and Rather look quite the fools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: