SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you are a member or admin at another site (Post a review)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: If you are a member or admin at another site (Post a review) Reply with quote

Post a review and help other people understand or make them curious enough to get their own copy.

Here is what I did earlier today after reading the book. After posting my review I decided to see if there was a Switfboat forum too and I joined as well as donated.

My goal is to spread the word as much as possible and I am an admin at the link below. I also am a member of several other forums where it is permissible to talk politics.

http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1870

Here is what I wrote and it is followed as being my take on the book.

Unless you've been living in a hole or coma you have probably heard of the Swift Boat vets for truth and their book "Unfit for Command"

I read the book in the last 2 days as I felt it was important to know why 250 or so vets would stand up and send Kerry a letter as they did. I wanted to know what the media isn't saying about the book. Too often in the interviews with the vets it's too short and they only focus on the fact he wrote himself up for medals even though the vets are trying to get to the 1971 senate testimony that angers so many.

Well, I read the book and I'm hopping mad right now! This man (Kerry) has to big one of the biggest self promoting Communist pieces of **** to ever come down the pike. I say this with no reservation either as I do believe these men would not stand on their message if they didn't mean it due to the fact that they are risking their reputations.

I will sum up what I learned that the media is not covering for you guys that cannot buy the book or don't like to read.

1. Kerry was anti-war before he went and seemed to go only make a name and promote himself for later on.

2. He was a lousy officer and many of the other boat commanders refused to go on missions with him due to this. He was shuffled from one unit to another because of these things too.

3. He disobeyed orders often and admits in his book "Tour of duty" that he took his boat to Saigon for fun after a patrol which was off limits.

4. He once almost got his crew in bad stuff because he went up the wrong canal while looking for the way to the Bob Hope USO show he was not supposed to go to. The canal was a known VC ambush area.

5. He often fired on Vietnamese without warning in free fire zones even when he wasn't being threatened.

6. He falsified after action reports and often ran when his boat was fired upon.

7. He wrote himself up for medals even after his CO said no.

8. He lied about his big sliver star incident and who the real heroes of that day were.

9. He was aked to leave after the he had 3 purple hearts and could by his fellow officers.

10. His purple hearts were all cuts and bruises (not what real purple hearts are given for) and he never spent a day in the hospital for any of them. Some were self inflicted also.

11. He testified that he saw attocities which he did not except the ones he committed. He killed cattle and burned a village without any orders and shocked his peers while on a patrol.

12. Many of the men in VVAW were frauds and found to be frauds back then by the media. His testimony was said to be spur of the moment, but it turns out he had a pro speech writer and Ted Kennedy was his big supporter.

13. Some of the men in VVAW were also in the Communist party and worked with Communist.

14. The KGB officer who was in charge of anti-American activities at the time has said that Kerry's testimony is straight out of the handbook they had published to help Communist here in American. The KGB officer said they wanted to capitalize on the attrocity stuff to make the war unpopular. He said he never met Kerry, but he did know some of the radicals that Kerry knew and worked with.

15. He went to Paris to talk with North Viet Nam leaders while he was still a Naval officer. (Treason)

16. He was at the KC meeting of the VVAW where they discussed assassinating senators who were pro war and taking over the capitol uses techniques learned from special forces in Nam.

17. POW's say that they heard his testimony and saw his pictures while in cutody of the North Viet Nam army. They were tortured even more because of his activism.

18. He has consistantly worked against bills and resolutions that are not in Vietnam's favor while in the senate.

19. He has used his service to get elected throughout all his campaigns and he did not throw away his medals away as he was supposed to have done.

20. When he found that being a counter culture hippy type wouldn't get him elected he decided to embrace his war hero status.

21. Because of Kerry the POW's were declared all dead in the 80's by a senate resolution. Something very unpopular with vets and familys of POW's.

22. Clinton used Kerry to help normalize relations with VietNam after Clinton was elected by taking away the barriers of trade and the human rights resolutions.

I could go on here with more, but I think these are major points that show the man is a self serving hypocrite that even for a politician is high.

The number one thing I took away from the book is this:

In my own opinion this man is a Communist operator or sympathizer if there ever was one. One gets a sense from the book that he either doesn't care about people who are or were oppressed by Communism or he is truley a Commie.

If only 50% of what these guys say is true then he is still dangerous and should not be Presidaent. It's very upsetting to think that these people can pull the wool over people in this day and age. I'm sicked by it.

Please take my review as opinion since one needs to read the book themselves for a complete picture and analysis.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Book Review? Unfit for Command Reply with quote

How about "Unfit to live in the United States"?
I just finished reading it tonight. 9-11-04. How appropriate is that? That book just proves that the Swift vets are a bunch of Bush operatives. Probably hired by the RNC to spread those lies about a real Nam hero. Shame on the SBVs! How dare you continue to document your charges? The DNC doesn't have to! And, they can use the MSM to act as their shills, DRather, for example. Don't the SBVs have enough power and political influence to just throw this mess out there without having to prove their charges? Sorry for being a smart ass.
Everything in the book has been documented on this site. All but one thing, the one thing that made me so angry that I just feel sad now, sad for my guys who are on the Wall. At the end of the book, JFngK says 'Ho Chi Mihn is the George Washington of Viet Nam". That cut to my core. I have 11 men I served with who's names are on the wall. I will work my fingers and old legs to the bone to help defeat that bastard. I will not falter, I will not quit until he is SOUNDLY defeated. He has finally pissed off this old Marine beyond forgiveness.

A friend came over to the house today to pick up a bumper sticker that says:

Viet Nam Combat Veteran
For President Bush

He liked the other one better:

Benedict Arnold was a
War Hero too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: