SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lou Dobbs Poll: Should Dan Rather and CBS News reveal...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Lou Dobbs Poll: Should Dan Rather and CBS News reveal... Reply with quote

Vote in the Lou Dobbs Poll: Should Dan Rather and CBS News reveal the sources of the Bush memos?

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/

Good results so far!

Sleepless in Seattle

Also this is a great site discussing the verities of IBM Selectric Composers (which would cost $16,000 to $20,000 in 1973 equivalent dollars!)
http://shapeofdays.typepad.com/the_shape_of_days/2004/09/the_ibm_selectr.html
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

62% to 38% Hopefully that is the percentage in the general election also.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Lou Dobbs Poll: Should Dan Rather and CBS News reveal... Reply with quote

sleeplessinseattle wrote:
Vote in the Lou Dobbs Poll: Should Dan Rather and CBS News reveal the sources of the Bush memos?

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/

Good results so far!

Sleepless in Seattle

Also this is a great site discussing the verities of IBM Selectric Composers (which would cost $16,000 to $20,000 in 1973 equivalent dollars!)
http://shapeofdays.typepad.com/the_shape_of_days/2004/09/the_ibm_selectr.html

WAIT A MNINUTE!
LMAO I HAVE A QUESTIOn!!!
I thought that these "new" documents were part of a request through the Freedom of information act!!!!! damnit I know I heard that before the show, so if it was then it should not be a secret at all where they came from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My GOD how dence are these people ? do they believe us so stupid as to have forgotten that these documents were from an alleged freedom of information act request?
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be mistaken, but I think there were some more documents on Bush's national guard service - some logs and maybe a few other documents - that were released over the last week or so from the Pentagon in response to a FOIA request made by the AP. The Pentagon evidently had overlooked searching for records in all the places they should have and these docs came out through the FOIA request. Bush was not happy that all had not been released months ago. But I think those documents really revealed no new information - a few questions arose from those as cited by the Boston Globe, but those allegations were quickly cleared up by the White House releasing again some of the documents they had released months ago.

CBS obtained the 4 Killian memos six weeks ago and sent copies of them to the White House the day before the 60 minutes program last week and then the White House released copies of those memos in an effort to fully disclose all info dealing with Bush's guard service. The press secretary said at first they did not question their authenticity before they released them, but now they do say there are questions and now are not vouching for their authenticity. CBS says they received copies of the memos, but have not revealed where they got them and where the originals are.

It's all been a bit confusing as all the documents came out about the same time and I am not sure all of this is correct, but that is the way I understand this recent document dump.

Debbie
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debs wrote:

Debbie

Yes I believe that is pretty correct , I for what ever reason , and I am a news junky and read alot, was under the Impression that these documents were given to them under the FOIA.
If this were true then why wouldnt their validity be checked, as it was not out of his service Jacket?, also If it is a lie fraud perpitrated on the American Public for the Benefit of a specific group it is obvious to me that Rather is covering for the group that would Gain the Most out of this if it had stuck.-----sorry tangent--------- the reality is that I could swear that I was under the Impression that some news organisations portrayed these as part of this release Under the FOIA, ultimatley giving it total and complete validity, as if to say they were undisputable, Now when the heat is on ---well---- now he is protecting his source?
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing to see that 38% of those polled: do not want to know the truth.
They're probably liberals.

Cool Medics, we're there when you need us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: