SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.6 million served

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: 2.6 million served Reply with quote

It's great that over 53,000 individual donations have been made to Swiftvets. But we can do better than that. 2.6 million served in Vietnam. 2.6 million were accused, denigrated, and defiled by the lies of a man who now wants them to shut up, acknowledge his heroism, and make him CInC of this war's military.
My next donation is in memory of a 19 year old who was killed after nearly serving out his year. What about yours? Is there someone you know who would have wanted to be a part of this campaign, but he or she paid the ultimate price? What about you sons and daughters of veterans, and you mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles? You remember how they suffered because of the shameful way much of the public turned on them, inspired by Kerry, Fonda, the MSM and VVAW. It's payback time. Help them now because you didn't know how to help them then. Stand up for the America they fought for, and help crush this twisted evil leftist Amerika that spits on their patriotism.

If you've been convinced by the Swiftees but you haven't or can't commit your money, at least make the effort to talk to people and promote Unfit for Command. Enlist. Otherwise, even if you get to enjoy the spectacle of JFK ground into the dirt under the smouldering ruins of the DNCBS, it will be no thanks to you. The hour is late, and the battle isn't won. Draw your mouse or your pen, and charge!!!
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can not say now what this post means to me. Maybe later.

Thanks.

Sam
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very eloquently spoken, thank you.

This is what drives all of us, I think..... at least in part.... vindication of the Vietnam Vet.
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2nd uncle Charles Jamack killed in 65 from Maryland.

He was a Helo crew chief in the army. He served in the Marines during Korea and was a decorated infantry man. In 64 he wanted to rejoin the corp from what I know, but they wouldn't take him, so he went Army.

I bet he would have hated Kerry. I never knew him, but my Grandma said he was a great brother and he left behind 10 kids.

Last edited by SangRun Hunter on Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
thrawn21
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a young college student, with no ties to any Vietnam vets that I know of, but I still contributed after I heard how Kerry defamed soldiers who served in Vietnam and damned POWs with lies for selfish political gain. I really got angry after I read the testimony of POWs who were tortured by the North Vietnamese. By his own lies, Kerry gave the North Vietnamese "justification" for torturing POWs. As an officer, it was Kerry's duty to watch out for the soldiers, even if they weren't under his direct command. With his actions and his words, he violated his oath as an officer, gave aid and comfort to the enemy, defiled the Constitution by supporting a murderous ideology that would destroy the freedoms we hold dear, and helped create the poisonous image of the Vietnam vet as a "baby-killer" and a thug with a propensity for violence.

It sickens me as I walk through State College, PA when I see those Kerry campaign stickers. I don't see too many of them, but just one is enough to make my day a bit darker. Most of the people wearing them are about my age. It's sad to note that these college students are obvivious to what Kerry has done and it's sadder to spectulate that even if these college kids knew about the crimes Kerry committed against his fellow man, they probably wouldn't care. No, to some Kerry supporters, the past doesn't matter, only the empty promises of peace and prosperity that Kerry dribbles from his long-jaw from time to time. They don't realize that what we did in the past helps create who we are in the present.

Kerry's past exagerations about his exploits, his past lies about Vietnam and his past actions for the N. Vietnamese, when all combined, created a Kerry of the present more evil then the sum of those evil parts.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: 2.6 million served Reply with quote

thrawn21 wrote:
...It sickens me as I walk through State College, PA when I see those Kerry campaign stickers....

Our forefathers established the fourth estate over an assumption that the people would read what's published. They did not foresee a population so enormously affluent that they would not bother to learn what their government was up to. Anyone who reads this material with an open mind will find it absolutely compelling and as Mr. O'Neill said, no jury in this country would fail to convict him.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the 2.6 million Vietnam veterans, there are many
more veterans who served during this period, but did not
serve in Vietnam. They received orders to report to places
around the world.

Many protesters (and other Americans) viewed those in uniform as scum no matter where they were coming back from. You couldnīt wear
your uniform in many places in this country, whether you were
a combat vet or recruiter.

My point is Kerry caused a lot of grief for more than just
Vietnam veterans, but all veterans who served our country.

Montana
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana wrote:
In addition to the 2.6 million Vietnam veterans, there are many
more veterans who served during this period, but did not
serve in Vietnam. They received orders to report to places
around the world.

Many protesters (and other Americans) viewed those in uniform as scum no matter where they were coming back from. You couldnīt wear
your uniform in many places in this country, whether you were
a combat vet or recruiter.

My point is Kerry caused a lot of grief for more than just
Vietnam veterans, but all veterans who served our country.

Montana

Amen!

That would be my Dad for 1 example.
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.

We need 3 million contributors.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SangRun and Montana, you're absolutely right. My brother in law who heard Kerry speak as he was on his way to serve in Germany hates him more than his brother who was nearly killed in a tank in Vietnam. It didn't matter what branch you were in or where you served, or even if you were a bewildered young civilian, or the parent of a vet, the antiwar movement was a demoralizing, despicable phenomenon.
I didn't list everyone who rightfully ought to be donating to SwiftVets, because I was especially thinking of the 58,000, and how there must be someone who could put in a donation in memory of each one of them. The SwiftVets have been the tip of the spear; but it should be one humongous righteous spear. Our veterans from every war and peace time, and our military now, are one force, in the spirit of all who ever served. All are affected by the corruption of public respect for our armed forces, and all belong in this fight. We civilians don't want to leave it to them alone--we want to support them with more than happy talk. What I want is to see is a million donors, 10 million donors, 50 million. That's why I wrote.
It's not that they need that much money, but I already see that the SwiftVets action has begun an ovedue return to talking about honor, integrity, loyalty, decency and more. The number of donors is just another way of calling attention to what America is saying to her young, her misguided, and her redeemable old fools. They are stunned by this revolt against their disgraceful candidate, and I want to see them pulverized. I want them to look up at the spinning stars and wonder what the heck happened, because maybe then they'll trouble themselves to read, listen, and get a clue. Take the ignorant out of the ranks of the America-hating leftists, and give this country a future. Donate now, vote later, and talk to anyone you can.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Very eloquently spoken, thank you.

This is what drives all of us, I think..... at least in part.... vindication of the Vietnam Vet.

I can only speak for myself but I agree.

I am 42 years old. I was just a kid when the war ended but old enough to be aware that it was serious news when Nixon announcemed a withdrawal. From that day on I knew absolutely nothing significant about Viet Nam, until I first heard of the Swift Boat Vets. Nothing that is, that wasn't fed to me by Hollywood or network news.

I am so ashamed of myself now for not knowing what the war was about and for not knowing the great injustice that was done to our soldiers and why. I think my guilt may be why I am now obsessed with doing whatever little bit I can to vindicate the Viet Nam Vet.

Thank God for the Veterans that have had the courage and the stomach to wade back into the poluted sludge that the MSM puts out for the apathetic and uninformed to mindlessly slop up.

If not for Swift Boat Vets sewing seeds of truth I might never have taken the time and made the effort to educate myself. I might have let Dan Ra(th)er write a distorted history and I might have accepted it as fact.

Take a moment and pray for the Veterans of the Viet Nam war who are fighting at the front lines now in a war for the soul of America.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: