SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letters To The Editor--Let's Do A Community Effort Here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Letters To The Editor--Let's Do A Community Effort Here Reply with quote

I think the following effort should be taken:

There are some excellent writers on this message board.

Can a few of you write a "letter to the editor" that can be used by those wishing to send our opinions to our local papers.

The letter should not be too long and summarize why the CBS/Rather memos are bogus.

If a few of these letters can be posted, they can then be used by others here to send to their newspapers.

I suggest that anyone using any of these letters, should then state so in this message thread and list which newspaper it was sent to. That will prevent duplication and a possible minimizing of our efforts by any single individual newspaper.

We should all be determined to not allow Rather to stonewall this scandal.
DoGooder
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Is this our best focus? Reply with quote

While I am as outraged as anyone about the bias ans lies of CBS, I am wondering if our energies can be used more directly to hurt Kerry's chances?
Rather backing down does not mean that Swift vet message gets out.

Can we focus our efforts for the younger crowd, for example writing to MTV to cover the Swiftvet story?

Writing to Leno and Letterman about his medals etc. so that he becomes more of a national joke?

Other ideas to broaden message besides FOX, Rush...to a new audience we have not affected yet?

Focus on getting our vets out to local colleges, with the Vietnam Veterans for Truth corner campign for example in collage halls?

Just wondering?

DoGooder
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: We Can Do That Also Reply with quote

We can do that also, but the CBS forgery is topical now and if these documents are not proven fake, then watch out for future dirty work.

Wait and see, the next dirty attack is going to be "why" Presdent Bush didn't take his physical.

Froged documents will be all over the place, the koolaid gang will stoop to levels never seen before.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Sent This Letter Reply with quote

I just sent this letter that I put together with some help of great blogger sites.

It was sent to the Press Enterprise in Riverside, California. I had a letter printed in the LA Times last week supporting Zell Miller, so I assume it's too soon to send anything to them.

Dan Rather and CBS News is stonewalling a legitimate question as to the authenticity of documents supporting alleged negligence on the part of President Bush to perform his Air National Guard Duty.

CBS claims these documents were written by Colonel Killan, who is now deceased.

There is strong typographical evidence to prove forgery, supported by certified forensic domument experts that the memos are modern day fakes.

There is strong stylistic evidence, supported by obvious errors in proper military formatting.

There is strong personal evidence. People who Dan Rather used as support of the memos have now actually stated that they were either misquoted or lied to by CBS.

Dan Rather has been a fund raiser and donor to the Democratic party and has either done this with full knowledge of these forgeries or has been duped and is now playing coverup.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that I did not mention a candidate by name, unless you think Bill can't stop being a candidate.

Stealth Partisan Sam

Dear Editor

I have recently lost significant amounts of weight. One day a friend said to me, “Are you waiting for a heart attack to start losing weight?” That’s all it took. I got reacquainted with my athletic past, paid attention to my eating habits, changed my life style. Now, was I being pre-emptive? Did I strike at the cause of an impending attack? Yes, and it probably saved my life.

Bill Clinton had sense enough not to wait until his first heart attack to have pre-emptive surgery.

As a nation, we missed our chance to make a preemptive strike on terrorism on September 11, 2001. Whatever we have done since then is not pre-emptive.

There are those who would have us wait for a second attack, or wait for the United Nations, or wait for France… That kind of thinking would kill Bill Clinton, would kill me, and may kill our nation, if we make the wrong choice this November.

Let us hope that our nation does not waver. We must continue to take the fight to the enemy. We must be on the offensive with our political and military power. The root of terrorism is religious hatred, fueled by poverty, oppression, and ignorance. We must be pro-active in taking religious freedom, prosperity, Democracy and education to the oppressed people of Islam.

That kind of philosophy keeps Bill and me alive, and must prevail to keep our nation and our freedoms alive.

This is not the time for an uncertain leader.
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Is this our best focus? Reply with quote

DoGooder wrote:
While I am as outraged as anyone about the bias ans lies of CBS, I am wondering if our energies can be used more directly to hurt Kerry's chances?
Rather backing down does not mean that Swift vet message gets out.

Can we focus our efforts for the younger crowd, for example writing to MTV to cover the Swiftvet story?

Writing to Leno and Letterman about his medals etc. so that he becomes more of a national joke?

Other ideas to broaden message besides FOX, Rush...to a new audience we have not affected yet?

Focus on getting our vets out to local colleges, with the Vietnam Veterans for Truth corner campign for example in collage halls?

Just wondering?

I wrote CBS & 60 minutes so I will contine too!! Also, very upset that I saw no coverage of the real hero's doing the Rally "kerry lied" -did any one out there see ANY news coverage? grrr. ..
DoGooder
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Did anyone see coverage on TV about the Rally "kerry li Reply with quote

Just curious if anyone saw any press on the rally held today by swift vets. Ofcourse me living in communist Massachusetts, we saw nothing! grrr. ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: