SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will resonate with the electorate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyd1165
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: What will resonate with the electorate Reply with quote

I have spent about the past 2 days reading most everything here and many other places learning much about the truth about Kerry's military and anti-war record. I wish the public could hear everything I now know, but that won't happen. In elections, we spend too much time appealing to those already on our side of the argument. I prefer to look at them much simpler... think of your favorite "swing voter", be it your mother, your wife, your neighbor... none of us fit that description, but all of us know them. What works for them? My conclusion..

1. The "New Soldier" Book cover. I read somewhere that reproduction of the photograph draws a legal response so perhaps isn't available for a commercial, but simply describing it paints the picture in your head. A description of the cover to the public would result in the picture eventually making even the mainstream press. A good veteran... preferably a WWII Iwo Jima vet.. on camera simply stating as part of a commercial that anyone who chooses as a cover to his own book to depict a group of hippies mocking the brave marines at Iwo Jima with an upside down flag simply does not deserve to be President. I look at this from the impact on the swing voter... my mother (a typical swing voter) could forgive many things... but don't mess with the flag. Honestly... how can our country elect someone who chose that book cover as president?

2. The idea that Kerry got three quick purple hearts for apparent BS so that he could get out of the war, then run as a war hero. People still don't understand that he was there only 4 months and got all those medals. The public also doesn't know the "3 purple hears and you are home" angle as well as the superficial nature of the wounds. It is obvious (when coupled with Kerry's own statements in his first congressional race that he knew as soon as he got there the war was immoral) that from day one, he was looking to get home. That is fine, in and of itself, but don't run as a war hero. I personally think that typically the American voter votes against the "wus" or whatever word you choose. I think this along with the protesting make him look soft, weak, and self-centered. Think back through elections... except for Jimmy Carter, we usually vote for the "cooler" or "tougher" appearing guy.

Those are my two cents after two days of reading... The "New Soldier" cover MUST get out.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your opinion. Good to hear from you. Smile
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill O´Reilly would call Kerry´s book a youthful indiscretion. I
call it a disgrace and insult to all US Marines (and Navy Corpsmen)
who have fought and died for this country (along with all other branches
of the US military).

Thanks for your input.

Montana
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, as most of us, have many youthful indiscretions.

My youthful indiscretions did not slander and defame millions of people.

My youthful indiscretions did not result in the death of millions of Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Laotians.

My youthful indiscretions did not involve meeting with enemies of my country.

My youthful indiscretions did not give aid and comfort the enemies of my country thereby encouraging them to continue a war they were losing, and costing my country thousands of lives and billions of dollars in continuation of the same war.

The words of my youthful indiscretions were not repeated to POWs as justification for their torture.
GST
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things I think would resonate with the public:

1. POWs telling how Kerry's words were used against them by their captors.

2. Recounting how Kerry met with the North Vietnamese in Paris while the war was still going on.

3. POW/MIA families telling how Kerry sold them out in 1993 so that Kerry's family could swing a huge financial deal with Vietnam.

4. Vietnamese-Americans telling how Kerry blocked the Vietnam Human rights Act from coming to a vote in the Senate in 2002 ( a bill that passed the House 410 to 1) so that Kerry could protect family financial interests.

I think that would about do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: