SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A message for the "old guys" here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: A message for the "old guys" here Reply with quote

This is just me a newbie and non-vet at 35 who loves his country deeply.

About 2 years ago my Dad and I had a talk about where the counrty was going when the hate America crowd started bashing Bush for everything and anything.

Being my age and having just started a family I am very worried about my family's future.

My Dad in his wisdom said saving the country was up to his generation. He said we screwed it up by not doing enough or doing stupid things. He said he had done all he needed to do at his age. He and guys like him had raised their kids and had their careers.

One way or another his generation might have to fight to save the country from their peers who hated America in the 60's and have been hell bent on destroying it ever since.

The Swift vets and now VietNam vets for truth as well as all the others who are joining seem to fit the profile of the "Old guys" that are willing to stand up and do what is right against this America hater extrodinaire.

I applaud all of you and I feel more energized than I ever have about any issue.

Let's all get it done!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Although, whenever I go to an ASA reunion, I always wonder how those other guys got so old. (Tongue-in-cheek.)
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sell the current generation on the FRONT LINES short. You truly do them a disservice.

I have never been prouder of our military than watching these kids (and I use that term in the most respectful manner), suffering absolutely unbelieveable hardships in the Middle East deserts, mountains, and culture.

It is magnificient knowing they are out there EVERY day, making SURE that these bad guys don't come over HERE and make me take down my flintlock and powder and go hunting.

I'm too old for this. I very dearly wish I *wasn't*. I'd be out there with them in a heartbeat.

Trust me. The 18, 19, 20 year old guys and gals out there now will take good care of you and your family. And me and mine. I know it just as certainly as the sun rises in the east.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher,

I'm not selling them short at all as I know some of them are there with all of us who wish this country to right itself.

It's you guys of that generation that understand where all this hate America stuff came from. Youy guys saw the begining of it when it got really bad and the pinnacle was most likely Kerry testifying in the senate (1971).

I was 2 and many people weren't even alive at that time who are with us.

I undersatnd the pain, but I didn't live it and I don't remember the times before it. My whole life has been filled with MSM propaganda against what I was able see was wrong.

At about 9 or 10 I figured out Carter was wrong and weak. When I was 11 Reagen got elected and things got better. My Dad was no longer getting laid off every 2 months from job after job and we started being able to buy good food again and a 2nd car.

I figured it out that freedom and loving America for all it's promise was the only way even with it's flaws.

I hope that Bush's steady unbending will even though not everything he does I like is showing the young generation what real leadership is.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Trust me. The 18, 19, 20 year old guys and gals out there now will take good care of you and your family. And me and mine. I know it just as certainly as the sun rises in the east.

Today’s soldier is not any different than they were in the first Iraq war, the Vietnam war, the Korean war, WWII and WWI and so on….

A soldier never changes, you can bet your life they will stand up and do what needs to be done for everyone’s freedom.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, my dad's generation had the Fifth Column and the American Bund (the US version of the Nazi party) during WWII. His dad's generation had the isolationist mindset, and some pretty strong anti-American and Pro-German movements. The American Protective League (the forerunner of the FBI) was set up to ferret out German spies in the US.

This is not new. It wasn't new when I was young. In the Revolutionary War, they were called Tories.

Traitors and treason have historical precedent in the US. I don't expect it to change any time soon.

The problem with looking back is you can get fuzzy about the details. The Fog of Nostalgia. Happy Days and all that. Never happened. There has always been dissent. It's built into our system of government. And I'm not sure it's a bad thing. It keeps us sharp.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. And probably never was.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a wonderful, "Watch my back" cycle..I and millions of others did it in our time, the Soldier today is doing it today, and so on...We are tightly knit...To explain the, "Hate America" angle, here is something I picked up, that may shed some light on that subject:

The Democratic Party and affiliated organizations have been criminal elements in this society for generations. Let's put aside Tammany Hall for a moment:

Dailey and Dailey in Chicago.
Landslide Lyndon Johnson.
Edwin Edwards in Louisiana.
The Clintons.
Willie Brown in California.
Torricelli.
McGreevey.
Kevin Shelley in California.
Henry Cisceros.
The Unions.
The pension plans for the Unions.
The Teamster elections.

I could go on and on.

They are an organized political crime syndicate. They are very disturbed people.

That is why it's time for fickle conervatives to finally wake up. The way to deal with these miscreants is to keep electing Republicans and to keep removing them from power. If the GOP keeps winning elections, the cancer of liberalism and the cancer of organized Democratic corruption will be rendered obsolete and quite irrelevant.

Korean vet...3rd Division

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: