SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Globe uses Pitkin's '71 statement in today's article!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhlewis
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Globe uses Pitkin's '71 statement in today's article! Reply with quote

Quote:
"Is there something that you really, kind of want to say in terms of crimes and why they happened?" Kerry gently asks the man, in a quiet moment in a Detroit banquet hall where veterans had come to speak about their own acts of brutality against Vietnamese noncombatants. "What sort of makes you -- what brings you here, what makes you say, 'I want to testify'?"

"I'd almost need a book to answer that now," the man replies wearily. "You're supposed to feel sorry for Americans, but you weren't supposed to feel sorry for the enemy."

Boston Globe
note: URL converted to hypertext

Hmm, so where have I heard this before....
http://www.wintersoldier.com/video/pitkin2.wmv

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/staticpages/index.php?page=PitkinAff
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone fitting the profile of those testifying in the Winter Soldier Investigation "hearings" would have washed out of bootcamp and never made it into an operational unit. A cursory investigation of their backgrounds would have exposed most of them as imposters, deserters, or foreign agents, along with their connections to various Communist and other anti-American organizations. Only an audience sympathetic to their position would have believed the preposterous unsworn "testimony" that American military personnel, even draftees, had been "trained" and "ordered" to conduct themselves that way. No rational person could believe any American administration or military personnel at any level would make such practice the rule rather than the exception. The fact that John Kerry and Pitkin and some others actually were Vietnam Vets stands to their eternal disgrace to have willfully lied to slander themselves and their comrades, and to give aid and comfort to such a brutal and conscienceless enemy, diametrically opposed to all we hold sacred. They had to know their testimony would be used to rally the enemy against their own buddies still on the battelfield and to justify the torture and execution of those being held as POWs and to inspire the enemy to hold out for the eventual collapse of American resolve and the wanton slaughter of the Vietnamese and Cambodian people once we pulled out all support for their defense. Their testimony established the foundation for the self-fulfilling prophecy of an "unwinable war". A pox on all of them. To those who have apologized I say, "thanks, but where were you 30 years ago when it would have mattered? Make your public apology in front of the Vietnam Memorial, film it, and make it as convincing and of the same length as your 'testimony'."

(..."after further review from the booth", my conscience reminded me that I have been forgiven of a lot of things for which I am not proud, and not all of them done while I could claim the excuse of being "young and immature". Steve Pitkin has come forward to set the record straight, and that should be acceptable to anyone who has a dog in this fight. If Scott Swett says you're OK, that's good enough for me, Steve. John Kerry, do YOU have anything to say?)

Sadly, the same scenario is being played out again today in the war against terrorism, and by many of the very same people. All that's left is Winter Soldier Investigation II -- maybe 60 minutes will hold it.

Last edited by TEWSPilot on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess the Boston Globe hasn't heard that that testimoniant has come out with the truth and come over from the dark side!

LOL! I freakin' love it!

Sure didn't "vet" this little snippet, did they?

Thank you, Steve Pitkin!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely priceless. Anyone have a "clip" of Steve's appearance at yesterday's rally? Both his presentation and his affidavit should be brought to the attention of every media outlet carrying the Globe story.
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they had to have thought this would somehow help their man.Funny how they will run with anything without doing a fact check if they think it helps. Embarassed
Hold all media accountable,If you see or hear an untruth dont let it slide EMAIL them.let them know .When they figure out they are fooling noone and it goes to their credibility and enough people let them know.Maybe the slant wont be at such an angle.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Vietnam footage, which Butler weaves with interviews with Kerry's crewmates, war historians, and others, includes some film that Kerry himself took as a Navy lieutenant, which has been criticized by some veterans as calculated self-glorification.

"What struck me from looking through [Kerry's Vietnam film] was how much combat footage there was, how many buildings were set on fire, how many buildings were shot at," Butler said. "If there were no Super-8 footage from John, we could have done nothing -- Vietnam would have been a zero."

Hah
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee... I wonder when Dan Rather will report this...
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought PT109 was made after Kerry, oops, Kennedy was elected President. Shows incredible and incredulous foresight on Kerry's part,
this guy's been plotting, planning, decieving, and lying for over thirty years to get to where he is now. Kerry is the original Bogus Man.
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Pitkin's affidavit ever published in the MSM?
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it is time to write the Globe again! I am sure it won't be published, but hey maybe someone with some sense there will read it.
Pitkin has done numerous on air interviews, has even been mentioned on Fox News. I do not think you should hold your breath waiting for the MSM to print his recanting and explanation of how he was coerced into testifying.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: retraction ... Reply with quote

They showed Pitkins retraction on Fox last night with Britt Hume ...
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, time to let the big dogs/pajama-brigade/NeoPopulists know about this....Don't just email the Globe - email the guys who did the heavy lifting last thursday/Friday. See if they can run with it....

emails to -

powerlineblog.com - feedback@powerlineblog.com

The Kerry Spot at NRO - j.geraghty@starpower.net

indcjournal.com - bill@indcjournal.com

captainsquartersblog.com - captain@captainsquartersblog.com

allahpundit.com - allahpundit@aol.com

Can someone more familiar with the details of this particular story do a short summary and send it on?
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the next commercial?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to "Wintersoldier" Forum.

Thanks
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As explained by Pitkin, what happened to him could have happened to anyone of us. What is important today is that he has come forward and spoke of what really was happening back then. Of course, he catches all hell for it and the Kerry Kampf will drag him through the mud as well. Many vets also won't forgive him. But, he has the guts to stand up now and speak out.

That is tons more than Kerry is capable of doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: