SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dems to say Bush lied about serving in the Air Force.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstrick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Dems to say Bush lied about serving in the Air Force. Reply with quote

Hope this wasn't already posted.

http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc77.htm

Quote:
"Flyers distributed to Texas voters during Bush's failed Congressional race say 'he served in the U.S. Air Force and the Texas Air National Guard.' But according to Air Force officials, Air National Guardsmen are not counted as members of the active-duty Air Force."

They're desperate.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, is this the best the DNC can come up with?
Donna Savage
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now the DNC is hovering on the downright bizarre and off the deep end. I love it. The more they talk, the more petty and miniscule they sound. The only words I have to describe the DNC is: MENTALLY UNSTABLE!

And the only advice I can offer is: CALL A SHRINK!
cstrick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Yeah, I really hope this is true. Reply with quote

They might want to check this link out first.

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=160

But I sure hope they don't. While I separated from active duty in 89, I still did the once year show up for a physical until 91 while part of the Inactive Ready Reserve. I think I was still part of the Air Force then.
barbgeo
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: What a Bunch of Clowns Reply with quote

Perhaps someone should remind them that the Army, Air Force and Navy each have a Reserve Component. The Guard falls under this. On second thought, don't remind them--let them pursue this stupid argument and let them fall on their swords. Let's have the argument ready though so when the MSM picks this up as the "truth' we can set them straight too.

"This isn't only the gang that couldn't shoot straight, they don't even know which end of the gun the bullets come out of"
bekel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a discussion of the definition of "is".

Technically, you have to ask for separation from the Guard and go through MEPS again to enter active service. However, you can go directly from active to Guard status.

I imagaine folks will roll their eyes at this, while true believers will froth at the mouth at the 'evidence' that Bush is lying.

bekel

3rd Armored Division band; 34th Army Band IANG
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any event, President Bush did his pilot training in ACTIVE AIR FORCE status.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During my Officer Training I had guard and reserve members in my flight and we never considered them only "guard" or "reserve" members. Perhaps they were not "officially" Active Air Force members, but they still served with our flight and maintained the same status as the rest of the flight members.

Also, I would imagine Pres Bush would have gone through the Air Force for his initial pilot training.

Regardless of this argument, this is really a petty accusation.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: guards Reply with quote

Laughing this info need to get to the national guards, this week before kerry addresses them at the convention. I wish when he gets there that the guards, all walk out of stand up and turn their backs on him , since he thinks they are nothing , or better still get the message to him that he is not welcome, I don't know how they can sit and listen to him after the way he has trashed them
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they take this route then they are stupid. John Kerry was never in the Navy he was always in the Navy RESERVE, even while on active duty.
openfish24
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: From the air national guard's own site Reply with quote

Send it to the news organizations

Although the Air National Guard was not established as a separate component of the U.S. Air Force until 1947, National Guard aviators have played significant roles in all of America's wars and most of its major contingencies since the beginning of the 20th Century. Visit the pages on this history site to explore the heritage of American flight... as seen through the deeds of minutemen.

The Air National Guard as we know it today -- a separate reserve component of the United States Air Force -- was a product of the politics of postwar planning and interservice rivalry during World War II. The men who planned and maneuvered for an independent postwar Air Force during World War II didn't place much faith in the reserves, especially the state-dominated National Guard. On the contrary, they were determined to build the largest and most modern standing force possible. They assumed that future wars would be short and highly destructive affairs decided by the ability of one side to deliver massive aerial firepower on an enemy's heartland. They were convinced that reserves could not operate complex modern weapons without extensive post-mobilization training. Reserves did not play a prominent role in their vision of the postwar Air Force. For its part, the Guard had a well-established stake in aviation. It had formed 29 observation squadrons between World War I and World War II.

Pete Bartow

John Kerry elisted in the Naval Reserve and served his duty as a reservist. So, I guess John Kerry was never in the Navy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told the nimrods at another forum they could have the Bush AWOL issue and I won't dispute it anymore because it's the only issue they have.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check Bush's dd214 he it says air force and ANG
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole AWOL thing just makes me twitch.

For one thing, as a former Marine, James Carville should KNOW that AWOL is an absence without leave, which is a mighty hard thing to do in the National Guard, which doesn't have quite the rigidity of attendance of a full-up active duty unit, unless you ARE on Active Duty status, then it's different.

He seems to be trying to make it into "desertion" which is just silly. In fact, AWOL is the wrong term entirely. Missing a drill would be a "Failure to Repair" or "Unauthorized Absence" at the worst case. And it wouldn't even be that, if he phoned in and cleared missing the drill with the OOD. As I recall, missing a drill was not the end of the world. In fact, missing several drills wasn't a big deal, as long as people in the chain of command were informed and you made up your hours.

These people are just hammering on a non-issue, hoping to make hay when it's pouring down rain. Bad idea.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you check Bush's dd214 he it says air force and ANG

If they could check DD-214's, then they'd have caught that nonsense about a Combat V on a Silver Star for their candidate, eh?

They keep on trying, though. And once again, they are going to get fisked and made to look like idiots. Again.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: