SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS is encouraging this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: CBS is encouraging this... Reply with quote

As seen on CrushKerry.com. I loved this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1998/08/01/eveningnews/main15218.shtml

CBS would like you to contact them if you've been alerted to any scams or frauds perpetrated. Shall we tell them about Dan Rather? Maybe the higher-ups didn't get that memo yet...
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is HILARIOUS!
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent this off to teh CBS scams address scam@cbsnews.com

It was also sent to all of the other MSM places as well as FOX and I'll keep sending it to every newspaper I can today and small TV stations.

Dear CBS news,

Last week I saw a crime of epic proportions committed against American citizens by a larger corporate entity.

What this corporate entity has done is use false information regarding certain aspects of a very public person's career.

It would almost seem that this entity was out to ruin or defame a reputable man's career all for some sort of political gain. Within hours independent investigator's from around the United States of America were able to debunk many of the claims levied against said citizen.

The entity used half truth statements and failed to reveal their sources concerning any of the allegation levied against the accused. They failed to produce correct experts to back the technical aspects of the case.

Who is the perpetrator of these malicious allegations against a man who has served his country well?

THAT WOULD BE CBS NEWS AND DAN RATHER!

GIVE ME A BREAK! Dan Rather's reporting was a scam and fraud alone.

Lets' break it down:

Dan did not name his sources of the memos.

Dan did not show us a typewriter that could have done that kind of typing. He only hinted that it would have been available since 1931 which is a generalization of what typing technology.

Dan used a hand writing expert, not a typing expert when talking about the letters. That is fine for the signature analysis.

Dan did not use the information given by Lt. Colonel Killian's family as we now know they were interviewed.

Dan used his position as a nightly news anchor to make a case against the President without giving equal time to other experts.

Never mind the President's record one way or other. The problem is the sloppy reporting and holes in the story that CBS has failed to exp=lain properly to the American people.

I have to ask why CBS has not investigated the events surrounding John Kerry's record afetre returning from Viet Nam.
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My email to them was rather pithy:

Yeah! I believe there's a big scam going on in your own organization. It has something do to with Dan Rathher and some fake documents from TANG???

Your credibility is completely shot - finally!

Last edited by ontheright on Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
RobD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my email

I have become aware of a Major News Network that is trying to scam the people of the United States of America by using fraudulent documents to smear the President of the United States. I think you should make the exposure of this scam a major priority of your news division and maybe even feature it on 60 minutes two. Oh I almost forgort, the Major News Network is CBS.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Ditto Reply with quote

I sent one also.

Hopefully there's a whistle blower inside CBS. That would be the most satisfying ending to this.

Rather is a coward and doesn't have courage to tell the truth.

If someone else tells it, Dan's off to the farm
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my e-mail to CBS under the headline: Please Help

Dear CBS News,

I understand that you will help investigate consumer scams. I recently purchased a service that I discovered was performed so badly as to be fraud. The service providers deny that their product is faulty. Could you help me make these deceptive people honor their obligations to provide me a quality service by making them correct their mistakes and provide me the quality service that I am within my rights as a consumer to expect.

The service providers are CBS News d/b/a 60 Minutes II and Dan Rather, the fraudulent service was their news report on President Bush's National Guard service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: