SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it a Federal crime to forge military documents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CFostkane
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Is it a Federal crime to forge military documents? Reply with quote

Is it a federal crime to forge military documents or impersonate military personnel?

This question is very important. How can we get a federal criminal probe started regarding Dan Rather's forged documents?

By getting a probe started, CBS would be compelled to reveal their source for these fraudulent documents. We can determine if the DNC is directly involved or if Danny Boy is a willing participant.

I have forwarded a similar email to Judicial Watch.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Moving your question to the off-topic chat forum - Geedunk & Scuttlebutt.

You might want to check out the many threads in that forum regarding these forgeries - you've got a lot of company. Smile
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Is it a Federal crime to forge military documents? Reply with quote

I have been wondering who would be an "unimpeachable source", as claimed by Dan Rather, that he would put such blind trust and lay his career on the line. I couldn't help but think of Carville, Begala, Gore and Terry McAuliffe. Would Rather take their word that the documents are genuine and protect them? I like your idea though. Something like that is probably what it will take to shake out the truth.

CFostkane wrote:
Is it a federal crime to forge military documents or impersonate military personnel?

This question is very important. How can we get a federal criminal probe started regarding Dan Rather's forged documents?

By getting a probe started, CBS would be compelled to reveal their source for these fraudulent documents. We can determine if the DNC is directly involved or if Danny Boy is a willing participant.

I have forwarded a similar email to Judicial Watch.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Here is the law:

CITE
18 USC Sec. 912 01/03/95

EXPCITE
TITLE 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 43 - FALSE PERSONATION

HEAD
Sec. 912. Officer or employee of the United States

STATUTE
Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have been wondering who would be an "unimpeachable source", as claimed by Dan Rather, that he would put such blind trust and lay his career on the line. I couldn't help but think of Carville, Begala, Gore and Terry McAuliffe. Would Rather take their word that the documents are genuine and protect them? I like your idea though. Something like that is probably what it will take to shake out the truth.

It's a big world. Ted Kennedy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: