SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MUST READ! Fake Kerry documents for Silver and Bronze Stars?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruthCanHurt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: MUST READ! Fake Kerry documents for Silver and Bronze Stars? Reply with quote

Must read links on this topic. Wanted to know your opinions on this as the Kerry camp keep referring to those records as proof you are lying. Someone needs to send these to handwriting experts and have Hannity check into this.

full justified proportional font on Silver Star record
http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170

3 different zumwalt signatures on Bronze Star citation.
http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167
http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164

Quote:

Ummm here we go again, this time with a Kerry official military record. His 2nd Silver Star citation signed by
Admiral John J. HYLAND, USN
(30 November 1967 - 5 December 1970)

http://www.johnkerry.com/pdf/jkmilservice/Silver_Star.pdf Page 1

Proportional font, full justification. We've already cleared it up that there was no standard typewriter that could do this in 1972, let alone 1969 (when this citation was supposedly written).

So the question now is, did Admiral Hyland's office have a main frame or Composer typewriter to do this type of font style? With full justification?

While we're at it, might as well verify Adm Hyland's signature
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get some experts to look into these issues?
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Fake Kerry documents? Reply with quote

Not only justified, but in italics!

The Kerry campaign might be able to say that this was a copy of an older document transcribed into modern fonts, with the signature copied from the older document.

But that would beg the question--this is NOT an original, and could the citation have been changed, since there were wording changes between the three Silver Star citations?

Let's ask the Kerry campaign to show us the ORIGINAL documents!!! Who knows, maybe they say that Kerry fled the scene...

How ironic, that a debate over forgeries of Bush documents and font sizes leads to an analysis of documents on the Kerry site--maybe the fraud was under everyone's noses (on the Kerry website) for weeks!
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly what I am thinking. We should look at all records from Killian to see if others are faked as well using a person who can't defend himself since he has passed away
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving shortly to R&R Forum

Thanks
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I can make a suggestion, if the admin doesn't delete my post.

Texas Tech University, Lubbock Texas has boxes and boxes of Zumwalt's personal files that his son donated to the library. If someone wants to make a trip to Lubbock, I can give you the exact box numbers, record and files numbers.

They have not digitized the files yet, so someone has to physically inspect them.

- assasin
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typesetter
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: typesetter ... Reply with quote

Why would a typesetter print the document on what looks to be standard letterhead ?
ARW3A
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hint: Someone should try typing the Hyland citation in Pagemaker 4,5 or 6 for the Mac (system OS 7.1 or Cool from around 1993.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hint: Someone should try typing the Hyland citation in Pagemaker 4,5 or 6 for the Mac (system OS 7.1 or Cool from around 1993.

Why do I get the feeling that would make a perfect match? Wink
Absolut
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but.. Weren't Kerry's medal records rewritten several times? Could this explain why there is justified fonts and proportional spacing?
kennyd1165
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Compare to others Reply with quote

Although I can't find one signed by Hyland, if you go to google and so an image search for the terms "silver star citation" it will bring up several Vietnam era silver star citations. All of the others look to be done on a typewriter with letterhead.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: NOT A FAKE ... Reply with quote

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the citation is a fake (as in he didn't actually get awarded one ...)

My curiosity is around the fact that it looks like Kerry got a typeset version (#2) of his SS citation ... just seems very unique ... even for Kerry's own website docs its unusual ...

Last edited by FF1047 on Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
kennyd1165
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Compare to others Reply with quote

Although I can't find one signed by Hyland, if you go to google and so an image search for the terms "silver star citation" it will bring up several Vietnam era silver star citations. All of the others look to be done on a typewriter with letterhead.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All of the others look to be done on a typewriter with letterhead.

Really? Wouldn't THAT be a coup if it was proven to be a forgery?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: