SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steve Pitkin's affidavit mentioned on Fox News
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Steve Pitkin's affidavit mentioned on Fox News Reply with quote

I havn't seen any posts here about it yet but I saw last night Steve Pitkin's story was on Fox. I think it was Brit Hume but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can't find a link.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Updated information--FYI Reply with quote

America did not lose the war in Viet Nam. We won every major battle. The N. Vietnamese were on their heels ready to capitulate. Viet Nam was lost after we left because the individuals that JFK was negotiating with broke their word, given at the peace table. They invaided South Viet Nam, similar to the South Korea division, and slaughtered more than a million of their country-men & women. This is the peace he wanted. Then we left more than 117 known POWs behind, which he, JFK, hid in his reports and and in his congressional findings. This is not an honorable man. Evil or Very Mad
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly what I was trying to express with that one-liner. I'm afraid it might not be as clear as I thought it was though so I'll remove it from my sig. until I can think of something better.

- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't remove it, I think it is a great statement by a great man who understood appeasement does not work.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion.

I had a line in my sig. that said "The only war America ever lost, is the only war John Kerry was ever involved in."

I meant it to express that it was at least in part due to John Kerry and activities that America pulled out and Vietnam was lost. Not that American didn't win the fighting which I know we did.

Rather than offend anyone I took it down and replaced it with the quote you see now by Winston Churchill at least until I can figure out how to say what I intended to express more clearly.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

To get back on track, did anyone else see the story about Pitkin on Fox or see any other coverage of it? I would think it would be very damning for Kerry if the press talks about it enough for it to sink in with the general public.

- Winston Churchill
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I settled in a suburb north of Detroit when returning to MI after a 10-1/2 year absence. During those absent years, I became very well acquainted with 5 or 6 at-that-time current or previous Vietnam millitary. Each and every one of them enforced in me the necessity for our seeing this war to its proper conclusion. Each found incredible Kerry's congressional testimony on 'behalf' of VVAW. I saw with my own eyes the derision which met our returning military. I could not believe it! And then--the 'testimony' of the men cited in The New Soldier. At the time of these 'testimonies', I wanted to go into downtown Detroit and spit in their faces for what they said. Then I saw Steve Pitkin's apology for his actions at the Rally. I actually cried when I heard him, and thanked God we had someone come forward and tell what actually happened. I downloaded and printed out what was available on the web of 'Kerry's Fair Tales' and wonder how many others were duped into giving 'testimonials' in support of this first-class traitor! This is the man some want to be our CIC? I don't think so!
dcrhere
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
America did not lose the war in Viet Nam. We won every major battle. The N. Vietnamese were on their heels ready to capitulate. Viet Nam was lost after we left because the individuals that JFK was negotiating with broke their word, given at the peace table. They invaided South Viet Nam, similar to the South Korea division, and slaughtered more than a million of their country-men & women. This is the peace he wanted. Then we left more than 117 known POWs behind, which he, JFK, hid in his reports and and in his congressional findings. This is not an honorable man.

Exactly. Or, in other words:

Why, in a time of war, would anyone want to elect a man whose singular achievement is getting America to give up?
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: yes Reply with quote

It was on Brit Humes show ... don't have a transcript link ... he showed quotes from Pitkin ...
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="dcrhere"]
Quote:
Exactly. Or, in other words:
Why, in a time of war, would anyone want to elect a man whose singular achievement is getting America to give up?

That sentence sums it all up for me. Do you mind if I use it on a T-shirt?

- Winston Churchill
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt' see that on Brit.... I watched most of it.... might have missed parts when bringing in the dog.... making pit stop....

I'm gonna email bor to have him on.... we'll see how long that takes!

also, will be emailing other shows.... even CNN and MSNBC - not that i watch them much.... but they need the emails.
Maybe Steve on TV will bring out more of those who lied.... they might be feeling the same way he does .... after all these years... I 'm so glad he did come forward... for us and himself.... what a terrible burden he has lived with all these years.... now, he too can start to heal!!!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: dmackto Reply with quote

No offense traken re losing the war. These are hyper sensitive times. Thanks for the clarification.
I REALLY REALLY like the new quoteby Churchill! and the one for the t-shirts!
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

report on Pitkin on FOX NEWS now

~Kylie
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a much more thorough report today. Sure is nice that at least one network will actually cover these things.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who might not be aware, Steve Pitkin has posted several times to the forum. His last was in the "Wintersoldier Forum". We encourage everyone to become active in there as well.

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=63374#63374
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really moved by Steve's speech at the rally and when he finished and he shouted "It's your turn now!" to John Kerry I had chills all over and tears in my eyes.

Hmm maybe we should suggest to Brit Hume that he get a video clip of that moment from CSPAN and/or maybe it could be included in a swiftboat ad.

- Winston Churchill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: