SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is......
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Who is...... Reply with quote

From reading your posts, I get the definite impression you are a sailor on one of the other swifts. Is that correct?

You also said you were present at the action where Kerry received the silver star. Is that correct?
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Doug Reese Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
From reading your posts, I get the definite impression you are a sailor on one of the other swifts. Is that correct?

You also said you were present at the action where Kerry received the silver star. Is that correct?

You should have the answers to these questions in the other thread, but for now . . . . No, I wasn't a sailor (I was an Army guy), yes I was on one of the other Swifts and yes, I was present 28 Feb, 1969 for that action.

Doug
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No that info wasn't in your post s when I wrote this one.

Regardless, Why don't you just give us all a short synopsis of how you came to be there. What unit you were with. ETC

I'm also wondering why the Kerry campaign hasn't trotted you out lto tell your story. Seems like it would be to big a plug for them to let you slide.

I guess you might say its time to vet the vet.

Thanks in advance.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
No that info wasn't in your post s when I wrote this one.

Regardless, Why don't you just give us all a short synopsis of how you came to be there. What unit you were with. ETC

I'm also wondering why the Kerry campaign hasn't trotted you out lto tell your story. Seems like it would be to big a plug for them to let you slide.

I guess you might say its time to vet the vet.

Thanks in advance.

My background as it relates to my service in VN is more or less posted over in that "View from an Army boat" thread. I've stated more than most on this board, at least from what I've read.

As for the Kerry campaign, you'll have to ask them.

Doug
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,

Found your information on the engagement interesting and enlightening. I agree with you that the inconsistencies are not any different from any other engagement, simply the nature of different viewpoints.

Would you be so kind as to tell us your position on John Kerry?
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhat wrote:
Doug,

Found your information on the engagement interesting and enlightening. I agree with you that the inconsistencies are not any different from any other engagement, simply the nature of different viewpoints.

Sure -- I'm voting for him.

Doug
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Doug Reese is a member of VetsForKerry.

Doug Reese tells us to ignore Kerry's after-action reports, medal citation and eye witness accounts by others because all these are faulty and unreliable. Yet he wants us to believe his account is the gospel truth because he claims he witnessed the entire event.

Reese is smooth, but a full of it just the same.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Doug,

Doug

So what exactly is your position on a Naval Officer meeting with and negotiating (his own claims) with the enemy?

And what is your take on that same Naval Officer taking part in a meeting in which the assassination of US Senators is discussed, and the Naval Officer in question fails to report it?
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Doug,

Doug

Care to tell us why you are voting for him? What policies get your support and what do you think of his stances on defense and military? Vietnam is only going to go so far for Kerry.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the way I see it. I have read different stories from 4 different crew members of Kerry's boat including Kerry. I have read a different version from all 4 of those same people from a later date. That's 8 different versions. Then we have the citation. That's 9. Then we have the "inaccurate" after action reports. That's 10. Now we have Doug Reese. That's 11.

You know what? In the end I really don't give a rat's a--!!!

Kerry is still the same SOB that testified to a lot of false allegations and branded all of us as murderers, rapists, arsonists or worse.
He still believes he did right.
He is still an arrogant SOB and there is no sign of remorse at all.

Only if he was running against JANE FONDA would I vote for him!!!!!!

Mr Reese, that includes you.

Wanna run?
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
This is the way I see it. I have read different stories from 4 different crew members of Kerry's boat including Kerry. I have read a different version from all 4 of those same people from a later date. That's 8 different versions. Then we have the citation. That's 9. Then we have the "inaccurate" after action reports. That's 10. Now we have Doug Reese. That's 11.

You know what? In the end I really don't give a rat's a--!!!

Well, at least we have something in common!

Doug
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese,
I just read your post,View from an army boat,great account!
I know what you did, if others would like to know more...www.mrfa.org
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEL wrote:
DougReese,
I just read your post,View from an army boat,great account!
I know what you did, if others would like to know more...www.mrfa.org

By any chance have we met before?

Doug
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if we have ever met Doug,but who knows. 40 years makes a lot of things foggy.I could tell from your post you spent some time on the river.
I was back in the world by '68, but drove a few mikes around before that.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
I believe Doug Reese is a member of VetsForKerry.

Doug Reese tells us to ignore Kerry's after-action reports, medal citation and eye witness accounts by others because all these are faulty and unreliable. Yet he wants us to believe his account is the gospel truth because he claims he witnessed the entire event.

Reese is smooth, but a full of it just the same.

Hmm, I've said I was voting for Kerry, that I was "for" Kerry, and now you make the surprising discovery that I have posted a few times over on VetsforKerry a month or two ago. Congratulations on some brilliant sleuthing.

I think I see your problem -- reading comprehension. I mean, you say I claim that I witnessed the entire event? Did I say that? I don't think so. I believe I have been very clear as to what I observed, and what I did not observe, and have done so several times. If not, please feel free to prove me wrong by pulling up a post where I have said I witnessed the entire event.

I also haven't said that the accounts of others are faulty or unreliable. It's just that you seem to be taking what you want from their accounts and using it as you see fit. The bit about the (yawn) soldiers on Kerry's boat is one of several examples.

I am really looking forward to seeing what this Form 180 looks like, and what one gets in the way of records when he signs it. Please let me know as soon as possible as to when/where you can join me in signing it.

Doug
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: