SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unfit For Command, Unfit For Borders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Byrd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Unfit For Command, Unfit For Borders Reply with quote

Unfit For Command. Some, not all, of Borders Books employees purposely keep book critical of John Kerry out of public's hands, off the shelf.
From GoGov
http://gogov.com/bordersunfitforsale.htm
Unfit For Command, Unfit For Borders
A controversial book critical of John Kerry's Vietnam service and protest during the war is creating a bit of controversy itself at Borders Book Store. In Borders Union web forum, employees openly talk about hiding books in store rooms, returning books to the publisher.

(Edited by Admin)

Admin note:

Please refrain from encouraging forum rivalries or reproducing content under discussion in other forums. It's non-productive and distracts from our focus here.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

James Byrd
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few quotes for Borders employees
Quote:
bookitup
I am in NC (not saying which city for obvious reasons!). I have no problem telling a customer that Unfit For Command is not in. When in fact, it is hidden in our store. Hidden very well, I might add. Snicker, snicker.

I cannot in good conscience sell this libelous rant to anyone.

Quote:
takahashi
You guys don't actually HAVE to sell the thing!

Just "carelessly" hide the boxes, "accidentally" drop them off pallets, "forget" to stock the ones you have, and then suggest a nice Al Franken or Micheal Moore book as a substitute. Borders wants those recommends, remember?

I don't care if these Neandertals in fancy suits get mad at me, they aren't regular customers anyway. Other than "Left Behind" books, they don't read. Anything you can do to make them feel unwelcome is only fair. They are the people pushing retailers to cut costs, don't forget. And they would censor your speech, your books, your music in a heartbeat, so give them a taste of it!

Don't get mad, get even!

bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent a note to their customer care, I used to spend 2-300 dollars a year at Borders...

No Longer.

I may have to walk through their stores wearing Bush/Cheney garb though Very Happy

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: