SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam Veterans For Academic Reform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Vietnam Veterans For Academic Reform Reply with quote

We know from our recent V.V.A.R. polls that 80% of all Vietnam vets are against Kerry, view him as “unfit for command.” The media is keeping the rest of the nation from hearing about this. Our immediate task therefore is to get this information into local and then national media, warning the American people way from Kerry. (See the V.V.A.R. Presidential Poll at v-v-a-r.org) Unless we do this our universities and the media will go on lying forever. Vietnam veterans, after 30 years, finally have a symbol, a focus, a target, for ending the division over Vietnam. They couldn’t challenge the protests when they came home because they came home alone, exhausted, wounded, and were overwhelmed by the viciousness of the antiwar forces. As John Musgrave, a Vietnam combat veteran with three Purple Hearts said,” It was disgraceful. There was no excuse for it. We came home unarmed, we didn’t have the police behind us, we didn’t have the community to defend us, we came home alone. We didn’t have our buddies like we had in the bush to cover us - we walked right into the jaws of insensitive idiots.”

David Broder, the noted columnist for The Washington Post, got right to the heart of the matter in his national column of August 24. “Will we ever recover from the 60’s? What’s happening with the bitter dispute over John Kerry’s role in Vietnam confirms my fears that my generation may never see the day when the baby boomers who came of age in that troubled decade are reconciled sufficiently with each other to lead a united country. The ferocity of the dispute over John Kerry’s Vietnam wounds and decorations - and about his testimony when he decried American atrocities in that war - is explainable only as the latest outburst of a battle that has been going on now for three decades. Neither Kerry nor his critics in the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth will yield an inch. On both sides the ongoing culture wars is as searing as it was when it first burst into flames. Kerry once told me he thought it would be doubly advantageous that, ‘I fought in Vietnam and I also fought against the Vietnam War,’ apparently not recognizing that some would see far too much political calculation in such a bifurcated record.”

It’s worse than that, he forgot that the majority of the American people had no use for the war protestors. In fact, we need to remember just how treasonous the campus “peace” movement really was. Commentary of February 1980 reported that 28% of all college students in the 60’s supported the Viet Cong, having been told by faculty that the war was only a civil war, neglecting the aspect of Communist aggression from the North, while 51% of those in the “peace” movement favored a Viet Cong victory. A poll by the University of Michigan showed that reactions to “Vietnam war protestors” by the public was by a wide margin the most negative shown to any group. The Harris poll showed, at the height of the war that 69% of the public believed that anti-war demonstrations were “acts of disloyalty against the boys fighting in Vietnam,” and 65% agreed “the protestors were giving aid and comfort to the Communists.” “The anti-war movement,” said the S.D.S. out of Antioch College, “rests on three main elements, the Trotskyites, the Communist Party, and the radical pacifists.” Said Jane Fonda to students at Michigan State on November 22, 1969, “If you understood Communism you would pray on your knees that we would some day become Communists.” A study commissioned by SANE showed that the more informed one was on the issue of Vietnam, the more one supported American involvement (documentation for these statements is found in “America in Our Time,” the highly acclaimed study by the noted British historian Godfrey Hodgson.)
The “peace” movement was never really concerned for peace. Although it cloaked itself in an aura of great moral purpose, it in fact gave aid and comfort to the enemy, marched under the flag of the Viet Cong, allowed Hanoi to dictate its agenda, and turned its back on the American soldier. It tried to stereotype them with the help of the media, as “dupes,” or drug-crazed “baby –killers.”
What is really eating away at America is that everyone knows that our educators still teach students that the protestors were the “moral heroes,” when the real heroes came back to slander and ostracism by their peers who did not serve. That is a contradiction that none of us, Vietnam vets and those of us who support them, have been able to live with for 30 years, and it absolutely must end now, as Broder suggests, to present a unified country in the face of a terrible new threat. The ideologues on campus are going to have to surrender. The veterans can’t. They were there and they know the truth.

more here:

http://www.i-served.com/v-v-a-r.org/083004_AWaveIsRising.html
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: TELL THEM TO READ Reply with quote

TRAGIC MOUNTAINS BY

JANE HAMILTON'MERRITT

PUBLISHED BY INDINA UNIVERSITY PRESS

my smart daughter says it is on line at those "things"

Amazon and Borders, but they may stock lots of them as
the "story there in does not make USA look so good" BUT I SAY

BUT THE CAUSE OF IT ALL IS JOHN KERRY ETAL

a very sad story
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the fire...

It took me about 15 years to finish my Bachelors degree, and I did a number of those years at Kent State University.

In my "senior" year I took a class on the vietnam war.

You might be interested to know that the professor that taught that class was teaching that the stories about returning soldiers and sailors being spit on is a myth and that it never happened.

(Which makes several people I knew in the Army liars, if you accept the professor's statement as fact.)

Just thought you might like to know that.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a statistic. If 80% of Vietnam veterans oppose Kerry, it shouldn't be too hard to spread that around. Someone go to Kinkos and send a memo to CBS saying that 80% of Vietnam veterans are enraged about Bush's skipping his physical and are voting for Kerry.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to R&R Forum

Thanks
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the end zone goal for me. If things could be changed, lies exposed, "progressive" named as communist, then the lake will have truly rolled over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: