SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Drunken Allies" - the Christmas in Cambodia story
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: "Drunken Allies" - the Christmas in Cambodia story Reply with quote

John Kerry's versions of Christmas in Cambodia include:

"On more than one occasion, I like Martin Sheen in "Apocalypse Now," took my patrol boat into Cambodia. In fact I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."

"I remember Christmas of 1968, sitting on a gunboat in Cambodia. I remember what it was like to be shot at by the Vietnamese and the Khmer Rouge and Cambodians, and the president of the United States telling the American people that I was not there, the troops were not in Cambodia. I have that memory, which is seared -- seared -- in me."

Never mind Nixon wasn’t President in 1968. Never mind the Khmer Rouge were not really active in 1968. There is a more basic problem, like being shot at by drunken natives.

If John Kerry had stuck around in Viet Nam long enough to learn some Southeast Asian customs, he would have known extremely few Vietnamese or Cambodians celebrate Christmas or even their birth dates. Tet, also known as Chinese New Years, is your birthday, Christmas, Easter, Forth of July, and New Years rolled into one holiday. You are one year older on the first day of Tet. If you are born the day before Tet begins, your first birthday is the following day. You receive presents during Tet, you have feasts during Tet, there are fireworks during Tet, and whatever happens during Tet indicates how the new year will go for you.

If drunken allies were shooting at John Kerry in either Viet Nam or Cambodia on Christmas Eve of 1968, it must have been a Christian from Australia. I think if John Kerry watches any more war movies, we will have to start calling him Walter Mitty.

note: quotation marks added to topic title
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa! He could hear the chatter of machineguns over the powerful roar of his Swift Boat's engines........
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who he sees when he looks in the mirror?
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy

He sees a Greek God.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narcissus or Achilles?
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
Ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa! He could hear the chatter of machineguns over the powerful roar of his Swift Boat's engines........
and nine .50 cal machine guns!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Hammer2 wrote:
and nine .50 cal machine guns!

I've been thinking along the same lines for some time now. These were all people accustomed to being exposed to the mechanics and sounds of both the weapons they used and the weapons that were used against them. As anybody that’s been exposed to live fire knows, every weapon made has a distinct “sound” that it makes when fired. A .50 ma duk doesn’t sound like an M60 or an M16 let alone the most “unique” sounding weapon of all the notorious AK47.

How can a trained combat hardened military soldier confuse the sound of .50 suppressing fire with AK47 hostile fire. If he could even hear the AK47 fire over the cannon roar of 9 .50’s.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He reminds me of Walter Mitty in more ways than one. What an absolute great comparison. I like the 'pocketa-pocketa' just as he goes off into a daydream also. I couldn't thiink of a better way to describe the never ending versions of the same story. To think there are ANY people that believe him despite his own conflicting tales on so many different subjects really amazes me. But I cannot for the life of me understand how he could still have 40+ percent of the people willing to believe every version.

I will always be greatfull to the Swifties and other groups for bringing this guys actions to light. Quite frankly, I had forgotten about a lot of the stuff he had done. Hanoi Jane is still a big supporter of his. That tells me everything I need to know about his nuanced character.

Keep up the good work. I will make another donation soon. I am out beating the drum to my family and friends to make sure they see these things and help with the support.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the media and adoring fans of Kerry, it reminds me of
The Emperor Who Wore No Clothes
as the Swiftties so succinctly shout out to us.......
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark Twain

There are people who exaggerate so much that they can't tell the truth without lying.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
I've been thinking along the same lines for some time now. These were all people accustomed to being exposed to the mechanics and sounds of both the weapons they used and the weapons that were used against them. As anybody that’s been exposed to live fire knows, every weapon made has a distinct “sound” that it makes when fired. A .50 ma duk doesn’t sound like an M60 or an M16 let alone the most “unique” sounding weapon of all the notorious AK47.

How can a trained combat hardened military soldier confuse the sound of .50 suppressing fire with AK47 hostile fire. If he could even hear the AK47 fire over the cannon roar of 9 .50’s.

What if you were a junior special forces public affairs officer and were not combat hardened? What if you had just met the Mother Of All Swift Boat Commanders and he invited you on a ride-along for the day? What if you fell off when the Mother Of All Swift Boat Commanders gunned the boat to flee what he thought was an ambush? What if you were on the verge of drowning with your combat gear on and in pure panic mode with your life flashing before your eyes when you get pulled out? You would believe anything you were told. Many people fall in love with or worship the people who save their lives. I believe Jim Rassmann is telling the truth, as he believes it happened. I would not consider him a reliable witness under the circumstances.
azpatriot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharley wrote:
azpatriot wrote:

What if you were a junior special forces public affairs officer and were not combat hardened? What if you had just met the Mother Of All Swift Boat Commanders and he invited you on a ride-along for the day? What if you fell off when the Mother Of All Swift Boat Commanders gunned the boat to flee what he thought was an ambush? What if you were on the verge of drowning with your combat gear on and in pure panic mode with your life flashing before your eyes when you get pulled out? You would believe anything you were told. Many people fall in love with or worship the people who save their lives. I believe Jim Rassmann is telling the truth, as he believes it happened. I would not consider him a reliable witness under the circumstances.

I'm not of Rassmann I'm speaking of these other people that say they were there and are saying there was incoming fire. Rassmann wasn't in a position to judge much of anything that was going on because as you pointed out he was to busy not drowning. But remember there are others that claimed incoming fire from Kerry's boat.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: claims not backed up by facts ... Reply with quote

Yes, there have been some on Kerry's boat that said "their could have been incoming fire" ... nobody actually claimed they saw incoming rounds ... (you know tracers etc.)

Of course there are several other eye witnesses that said there was no incoming fire ...

And the strange fact that there was no damage to the 5 boats from gunfire. The same boats that sat there for 90+ minutes, in a 75 yd wide canal.

If there was incoming fire then why did none of the others Swifties that pulled men from the water that day receive any medals for their actions ?

Thurlow got a Bronze for saving the 3 boat not for pulling anyone from the water ...
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: developing story Reply with quote

For posters , vets and (kerry trolls) this is a good site, there are

real "got shot at" people here, and you kerry trolls

there is more to come on "ratman"

get the sweats, and if your "leader of your kingdom" ever comes

out of his hole, there could be "words of truth in the air"

so advise him to roll out and down hill.
azpatriot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: claims not backed up by facts ... Reply with quote

FF1047 wrote:
Yes, there have been some on Kerry's boat that said "their could have been incoming fire" ... nobody actually claimed they saw incoming rounds ... (you know tracers etc.)

Of course there are several other eye witnesses that said there was no incoming fire ...

And the strange fact that there was no damage to the 5 boats from gunfire. The same boats that sat there for 90+ minutes, in a 75 yd wide canal.

If there was incoming fire then why did none of the others Swifties that pulled men from the water that day receive any medals for their actions ?

Thurlow got a Bronze for saving the 3 boat not for pulling anyone from the water ...

And that ( from a different perspective ) is what I was getting at, was even if no incoming fire was "seen" it would have at least been "heard".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: