SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Swiftees - How 'bout an election night victory party?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Hey Swiftees - How 'bout an election night victory party? Reply with quote

Might I be so presumptious as to suggest the idea of an election night victory party somewhere in the USA, just like the candidate campaigns do, to celebrate our "mission accomplished" sometime around midnight?

Invite everyone who has worked on or donated to this effort.

I, as one small contributor, would fly just about anywhere (after I vote that day), just to have the opportunity to hoist my scotch and water and congratulate the likes of John O'Neill, Admiral Hoffman, the Admins here and all my fellow grassroots supporters who believe so strongly in this effort. Heck, I guess even our rich contributors could be invited.

I bet every TV network would be right there with us to cover our victory celebration, and even those SwiftVets supporters who can not manage to get there will watch us on TV and share the satisfaction with those of us who attend the festivities.

It would also be a great gesture to every Vietnam Vet throughout America - a chance for every one of them to share our victory and be totally vindicated from the false charges made against everyone who served in that tough war.

Might I further suggest locating this "SwiftVets Victory Convention" in a warm location with a large meeting facility, like maybe an Orlando resort (Florida could certainly use our business, after these two or three devastating hurricanes).

Everybody who has contributed to the cause should be invited to attend (at his/her own expense), with registrations accepted on a first come, first reserved basis, 'til we fill the meeting hall to capacity.

Whadda ya'll think about this idea?
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have a lot of work to do. Please don't think about this until November 3rd. We have more important stuff to worry about right now than planning parties. Thanks for the enthusiasm, though!
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea myself. It would have to be booked sooner than soon I would think in order to have things set up by Nov. I live in Florida so of course I love that idea for the location too.

There is plenty more to do sure but there are a lot of us who want to help and I don't think planning a party would hurt the effort.

My personal goal is for John Kerry to loose every single state, including NY and California. I don't even think its an unreasonable goal.

Wouldn't that be a great parade?

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: thinking thinking thinking Reply with quote

as some people are still walking point , lets just keep up

the work in the listening "post" and work on getting him

IN THE WIRE WITH ILLUMANITION
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get cocky!
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest a Swift Vet Inauguration party instead?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stay on target here people.
i don't want to be crying in my beer.
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never would I suggest that we lose one ounce of focus or take our eye off the ball for a single second. That is a given.

And because I know these SwiftVets will never make that mistake and we supporters will be there for them 'til the end, I am confident we will prevail in our mission on election day.

Considering the idea of sharing the "moment of truth" with those who have participated in the effort, and with Vietnam Vets all over the country, would be a worthy though certainly a back-burner endeavor for this organization, as far as I am concerned.

I have operated a small meeting resort for years. A large resort or convention hotel would be required for this. There is almost no convention business scheduled on a Presidential election night, so we could probably get a very good deal from the host hotel.

I don't think it would take much to set up a small committee of volunteers to select a suitable location for such a "SwiftVets Election Night Rally" and to post notice here of the opportunity to share the moment, by making your own reservations directly with the selected resort or meeting facility, on a first-come basis, as long as space is available.

Orlando would a great choice - available facilities, warm weather, family destination and air travel to and from that is plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

For the election night rally itself, a fee of say $50/person paid by each attendee, with several thousand people attending, would allow us to stage a great event. The volunteer committee might even be able to line up some donated big-name entertainment for the evening.

Mr. O'Neill and all the founding SwiftVets would only have to show up that night to watch the election returns with their faithful supporters.

There would not have to be any loss of focus by them from now through election eve.

I bet several thousand folks would reserve their place very quickly, and a waiting list of others hoping for cancellations would be a mile long.

This idea is not about relaxing any focus on our critical mission at hand, being the slightest bit over-confident or starting to celebrate early.

It ain't over til it's over!

Win or lose on election night, this is about being there to share the outcome and to congratulate the Swiftees (and Vietnam Veterans everywhere) for a job well done, today and 35 years ago.

I am personally confident that it will be a night of great celebration, and through such a rally we could share the hard-fought victory up close and personal inside that convention hall, and through TV, we could also share it with every grassroots supporter and every Vietnam Veteran in America.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be the parade we never got.

Soldier Field (has such a nice name) Memorial Day celebration 5/30/2005. However it might be a bit too small to get the millions of veterans and supporters into. I will contact Johnsonville & Miller and we will have beer & brats for everyone.

Kerry is toast and the election is in the CIC Bush pocket. I am going to contact the Tim Michels (12 year Army Ranger) campaign today to see what I can do about taking the senate seat away from Russ Feingold.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk Forum

Thanks
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember:

Veternas Day is November 2nd this year.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in..just tell me when and where..and yes, we all know that we have much work to do, and we are..but it is okay to give a positive uplifting shout out for a celebration. Regardless..I am in for it..and will be there.

I can just imagine us on Election day..we will be burning up the board with results..truthfully, I can not wait, I will be nuts that day..but being able to share it all here, will be fantastic..

KEEP the faith,
PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On election day we should all be busy getting people to the polls -- not on a forum until after 7pm when the polls close.

I suggest everyone contact their local GOP office and volunteer in the get out the vote effort. For the Dems and Independents don't worry they will not make you join the GOP just to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: