SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who the hell is James J. Pierce. . . . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rekcutt
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Who the hell is James J. Pierce. . . . . . Reply with quote

the 4th document examiner. Can't find a reference to guy anywhere on the internet - or any of the logs of professional documet examiners/investigators.

Anybody find anything on this guy - or is SeeBS giving us a goose to chase?

rek
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive he is the one that detractors are calling the "typewriter repairman", because he repaired typewriters years ago. I don't hold that against him, rather it probably would be a good basis for a document investigator. (Which he claims to be.)
If the documents Had been made by a typewriter and he was examining the originals with hammer strikes, etc.

He has been shown, rather conclusively however, to have no real knowledge of word processing, spacing, formatting, etc.
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrb111 wrote:
I beleive he is the one that detractors are calling the "typewriter repairman", because he repaired typewriters years ago. I don't hold that against him, rather it probably would be a good basis for a document investigator. (Which he claims to be.)
If the documents Had been made by a typewriter and he was examining the originals with hammer strikes, etc.

He has been shown, rather conclusively however, to have no real knowledge of word processing, spacing, formatting, etc.

This was not the name of the typewriter "repairman" - his name was Bill Glennon. The best anyone has been able to come up with on Pierce is that there is a James Pierce that is a handwriting analyst....but no comfirmation that it is the same guy...yet.

HTHS~
Kylie
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot wrote:
lrb111 wrote:

This was not the name of the typewriter "repairman" - his name was Bill Glennon. The best anyone has been able to come up with on Pierce is that there is a James Pierce that is a handwriting analyst....but no comfirmation that it is the same guy...yet.

HTHS~
Kylie

Cool thanks, i can't keep my liars straight anymore... gotta get a scorecard.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierce is a West Coast document examiner. Lost my ref.
________
Angelina jolie

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! If Pierce is a left coast document examiner, he'll swear on his dead mother's/father's/grandparent' graves the documents are genuine(forgeries Laughing ). Haven't heard anything about him--anyone know where I can get more information?
hammondb3
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confess, I watched CNN for a bit last night.

They did a piece on the CBS document flap and interviewed a guy who was a professional, accredited (whatever that means) document examiner and he said outright, that none of the people CBS had hired were members of any professional organizations nor were they even KNOWN by his organization. They appear to be self-styled freelancers.

He said he had no idea who Pierce is.

Even CNN is on the trail - hard to believe.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this on Kerry Spot

[quote]TELLS REPORTER CBS GAVE HIM 'LOTS MORE DOCUMENTS' [09/17 08:58 AM]

Just exchanged emails with Garry Moon, columnist for the Athens, Ga. Banner-Herald. He shared a stunning bit of news with me, and said he wanted Kerry Spot readers to know, since he doesn’t know when his column is going to run in the Banner-Herald. Moon managed to contact James J. Pierce, the fourth expert that CBS has cited as one of its experts verifying its documents.

(I asked “who is James Pierce?” yesterday. In light of Moon’s news, maybe I was a little harsh on the guy.)

Moon writes:

I called Pierce at about 7:30 p.m. Thursday night. I told him I was with the Athens Banner-Herald newspaper, doing a piece about the Killian memos. He asked me how I got his home phone number, and I told him. I thought he might hang up, but he stayed on the line... maybe because I was upfront with him and not aggressive in asking him questions. He said he couldn't give me many details about his analysis of the documents that CBS gave him because he was still “in the middle of studying them“. More on that to come...
- The key point: Pierce seemed upset that CBS is using his ‘Professional Opinion’ memo of 9/14 to prop up their defense about the Killian memos being authentic. Pierce said “CBS is wrong, CBS is wrong” to portray it that way, saying it twice for emphasis. He said that his PO memo was only a preliminary judgment, “not a final conclusion” on all the documents.

- The (for me) stunner: Pierce said that the reason he hadn't rendered a final conclusion yet was that he was only “midway through his analysis” of all the documents - speaking as though there were many docs. CBS gave you other documents besides the four that 60 Minutes used in the story? “Lots more documents” were his exact words.

- Pierce is not happy that CBS plastered his home address all over the Internet (it's on the ’professional opinion’ memo in the letterhead). A CNN crew was “banging on his door at 5:00am” on Thursday morning trying to get a statement, and camped there until he called the local police to have them removed from his property. His phone’s been ringing off the hook, and he said a reporter [with a major publication] has been “hounding” him the last couple of days, with veiled threats of some kind of legal action against Pierce unless he gave an interview to the reporter. He said the last few days have been “hellish” for him.

- Pierce came off to me as a very nice fellow, but he sounded tired and even a little bewildered... he's in a bit over his head, I think. I think I could have coaxed more out of him but I overheard someone calling him to the front door, saying “the sergeant” was at the door, so he had to get off the phone - perhaps he had summoned the police again to hold the CNN hounds at bay (I caught Aaron Brown's show on CNN last night and they ran a clip of Pierce leaving his house and getting into his car...looked like they were set up across the street from his house).

So it seems like CBS News is - again - misrepresenting what their own experts have told them about the Killian documents. Indeed, given that “lots of documents” are involved, who knows whether the documents that he referred to in his PO actually concerned the four that 60 Minutes used in the story

First thought: Good job, Garry.

Second thought: Just what the heck are these other documents that CBS gave him? Was CBS planning a second follow-up story, using more documents from their source?

What else is CBS not telling us?

[/quote]
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found this on Kerry Spot

[quote]TELLS REPORTER CBS GAVE HIM 'LOTS MORE DOCUMENTS' [09/17 08:58 AM]

Just exchanged emails with Garry Moon, columnist for the Athens, Ga. Banner-Herald. He shared a stunning bit of news with me, and said he wanted Kerry Spot readers to know, since he doesn’t know when his column is going to run in the Banner-Herald. Moon managed to contact James J. Pierce, the fourth expert that CBS has cited as one of its experts verifying its documents.

(I asked “who is James Pierce?” yesterday. In light of Moon’s news, maybe I was a little harsh on the guy.)

Moon writes:

I called Pierce at about 7:30 p.m. Thursday night. I told him I was with the Athens Banner-Herald newspaper, doing a piece about the Killian memos. He asked me how I got his home phone number, and I told him. I thought he might hang up, but he stayed on the line... maybe because I was upfront with him and not aggressive in asking him questions. He said he couldn't give me many details about his analysis of the documents that CBS gave him because he was still “in the middle of studying them“. More on that to come...
- The key point: Pierce seemed upset that CBS is using his ‘Professional Opinion’ memo of 9/14 to prop up their defense about the Killian memos being authentic. Pierce said “CBS is wrong, CBS is wrong” to portray it that way, saying it twice for emphasis. He said that his PO memo was only a preliminary judgment, “not a final conclusion” on all the documents.

- The (for me) stunner: Pierce said that the reason he hadn't rendered a final conclusion yet was that he was only “midway through his analysis” of all the documents - speaking as though there were many docs. CBS gave you other documents besides the four that 60 Minutes used in the story? “Lots more documents” were his exact words.

- Pierce is not happy that CBS plastered his home address all over the Internet (it's on the ’professional opinion’ memo in the letterhead). A CNN crew was “banging on his door at 5:00am” on Thursday morning trying to get a statement, and camped there until he called the local police to have them removed from his property. His phone’s been ringing off the hook, and he said a reporter [with a major publication] has been “hounding” him the last couple of days, with veiled threats of some kind of legal action against Pierce unless he gave an interview to the reporter. He said the last few days have been “hellish” for him.

- Pierce came off to me as a very nice fellow, but he sounded tired and even a little bewildered... he's in a bit over his head, I think. I think I could have coaxed more out of him but I overheard someone calling him to the front door, saying “the sergeant” was at the door, so he had to get off the phone - perhaps he had summoned the police again to hold the CNN hounds at bay (I caught Aaron Brown's show on CNN last night and they ran a clip of Pierce leaving his house and getting into his car...looked like they were set up across the street from his house).

So it seems like CBS News is - again - misrepresenting what their own experts have told them about the Killian documents. Indeed, given that “lots of documents” are involved, who knows whether the documents that he referred to in his PO actually concerned the four that 60 Minutes used in the story

First thought: Good job, Garry.

Second thought: Just what the heck are these other documents that CBS gave him? Was CBS planning a second follow-up story, using more documents from their source?

What else is CBS not telling us?

[/quote]
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: jIMMIE jAY Reply with quote

James J. Pierce-

Wasn't he Jimmie Jay on that hot Christian variety show with Tammy Faye Baker - "Jimmie Jay and Tammy Faye"?
vickie
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: jIMMIE jAY Reply with quote

James J. Pierce-

Wasn't he Jimmie Jay on that hot Christian variety show with Tammy Faye Baker - "Jimmie Jay and Tammy Faye"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: