SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the Swiftvets and 60 minutes II oddity
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: the Swiftvets and 60 minutes II oddity Reply with quote

So lemme get this straight...cBS won't give an interview to John O'Neill or any swiftvets here, honorable people that fought bravely for their country, but puts on some 86 year old secretary when Rather needs a prop (didn't work)??

We've known the swifts were being stonewalled by the MSM, tonite just put an exclamation point on the page. I always thought the swifts would be remembered as post war hero's after looking into their claims and shining a light on Kerry for being the lyingsack he is, but something else has come to light as well...The MSM's agenda driven method of business.

The swifts have done us all a big service. People are onto the MSM game, and are turned off big time.

Last edited by bergstrom79 on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She seems to be rather (cough cough) practiced in her "selected not elected" refrain. Hmmmmm.... Rolling Eyes
bergstrom79
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-10,

Thought the same, myself. Just looked staged. Had a phone call from an unregistered voter (i'm trying to convert her), said it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen. I'm not going to dogpile on her, she's an old lady, but that was one b-a-d interview.

All I can think of doing is emailing the Old Three networks and calling the affillliates. This 'not interviewing the swifts' is a sham they're running.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point there bergstrom. An unintended side affect of the Swifties exposure of Kerry has been the exposure of cBS's bias. Sometimes couragous acts ripple out for a long long way.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Swifvets and 60 Minutes Reply with quote

It just shows the MSM bias. They don't want to talk to the Swiftvets because they would have to hear and report the truth. We can see from 60 Minutes and Dan Rather the truth has become foreign to them. They want Kerry to win so bad they will do what ever it takes.

RHV
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: the Swiftvets and 60 minutes II oddity Reply with quote

Suggest continued complaining to the sponsors that we are tired of the MSM bias and until they have the swift boat veterans for truth tell their story refrain from buying their product, watching their programming, in fact less TV watching has Many benefits including an opportunity to become more active in opposing John Kerry's election. I am handing out 1,000 flyers supporting the SBVT cause and asking people to make donations directly.

JK
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The courage shown by the Swiftvets in bringing their facts forward on
Kerry has, in my opinon. gone a very long way in showing the bias
in the msm. Every day something comes up about the Swiftvets in different places, blogs, newspaper talk shows and Fox.

Where I live in Canada we had a article in the paper about the Swiftvets
rally with some good feedback about the speakers. (Pictures as well) Of course it was written in Washington so there was a little left spin at the end. Well, usually the good stuff is at the end of a article so this is a improvement.

The gains seem slow, but they are not, they are coming slowly, and are
being believed which is the main point.

You have totally changed this election, I think if you had not spoken
out, the dems hatred and anger with the president would have spread
even farther and Kerry could have won the election. Now the msm has
to dig harder to find something, even if a lie, on the president.
Hence the forgeries. This does not matter to the public and that is the
funny thing, the public don't care if the president missed a physical
exam, they want a leader, not a freak of nature.

As time goes on the msm will be seen a far left as the public has become
very aware of the fact they are ignoring the Swiftvets, and can see
the difference in selection of the news segments. It is happening. Wink
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the interview, but she is rAtHeR old and was wondering if she seemed lonely and loving the attention?

pun intended
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
She seems to be rather (cough cough) practiced in her "selected not elected" refrain. Hmmmmm.... Rolling Eyes

Yep - that's the line that got her the air time.
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just SeeBS either. NBC gave 3 days to that hag Kelly, and still hasn't interviewed a swifty.

At least they didn't treat that witch with kid gloves, but still.........
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have surpassed Pravda.
nschlange
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100%, we laughed during the interview as well, what was even funnier was watching Dan Rather at the end of the segment. He looked so uncomfortable, like someone was holding a gun to his head to say they were going to continue to investigate the documents. I can't believe they dragged that poor woman out there to do this interview, it was a very bad attempt at trying to redeam his story. I also find it a little odd that he's so concerned with whether or not bush had that physical yet doesn't care to ask even one question of kerry's military service. From what i understand Kerry is under investigation with the navy now over his medals and yet that's not being reported either. If they had any class they'd be ashamed of themselves. They wouldn't interview the swift vets over kerry's claims and yet they've spent 4 years on a story over whether or not Bush took a physical, and don't get me started on NBC. 3 days for kelly, not one day for the swiftvets. Do they even have an audience left?
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather and CBS have made such a botch of this that I wonder if the Dems will now blame him if they lose.

In any case i'd rather be watching something other than SeeBS as surely as God made little green onions and the P-38 can opener is the greatest invention to evre come out of the military.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intellectual dishonesty is breathtaking.

CBS evidently believes that skipping a flight physical is the moral equivalent of admitting war atrocities.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
some 86 year old secretary when Rather needs a prop

per a Hannity thread on FreeRep--
Killian's son was on and stated that this lady was not his Dad's secretary - she was a pool secretary...getting her 15min
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: