SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brit Hume to talk about Kerry in Paris - Fox
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Brit Hume to talk about Kerry in Paris - Fox Reply with quote

Brit just asked what was Kerry in Paris during Viet Nam all about? Coming up next.

Last edited by arymann on Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Commercial? Reply with quote

Could this be the new commercial?
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About damn time someone made an issue of it. I'm still waiting for someone to make a case for providing aid and comfort to the enemy while a member of the armed forces, and the consequences of those actions. seems if that could stick, this election would be over with in minutes...
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DNC's Meehan rebuts the Paris trip, saying that Kerry as an inactive reserve officer was not subject to the Unform Code of Military Justice! True?
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
DNC's Meehan rebuts the Paris trip, saying that Kerry as an inactive reserve officer was not subject to the Unform Code of Military Justice! True?

I"m no lawyer but my guess is the law doesn't specify active or inactive and DNC figured saying it doesnt apply is their best defense. Just a guess, I've never read the statue.

Sorry about the duplicate thread, didn't see this one.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm i could be crzy but didnt Kerry sign a 6 year service contract in 1966? wouldnt that make him active in 1970 and 1971? I thought he left the navy in 78 anyway.
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Brit Hume has started it Reply with quote

Yeah for Brit! He finally got to one of the most critical points re Kerry and his anti-American core. People who were not aware of the issues in the &)s must be given an opportunity to learn who he really is. There must be swift follow-up on this to clarify all that info. Yes he will do the same with Irag and the war on terror, given half a chance.. or rather the White House. Maybe it will be the ad. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the blurb was "...the 70's.." Laughing CTW
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Paris! Reply with quote

This is the commercial, Paris. Kerry was in the active reserve when he went to Paris!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow, Garrett hot on the kerry in Paris stuff.... showing quotes of Kerry spinheads and then running clips of Kerry saying the opposite (back in 1970-71) and also statements by a historian (who found quote of kerry saying he went to Paris the 2nd time) who talked directly with brinkley about kerry's trips to Paris.... oh this is good!!! even talking about Kerry's status then and legality of his going to Paris... clip of John O!

you get 'em Major Garrett!

would his status be listed on his discharge document? the one Kerry says he doesn't have and the Navy says he does?

prior to this on Brit:
Brit also had 3 soundbites from former Bush Guardmates....

all 3 not agreeing with Ms Secretary and Rather....
(oh yeah, Killian's son says Ms Sec. was a pool secretary.... and I'm sure as that, she remembers all their opinions on every young guardsman that went through there.... oh I forgot, SHE KNEW IN ADVANCE that he'd be president some day....)
One said Bush was much liked and admired.... one spoke on the physical and one on Bush NOT being awol....
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
oh wow, Garrett hot on the kerry in Paris stuff.... showing quotes of Kerry spinheads and then running clips of Kerry saying the opposite (back in 1970-71) and also statements by a historian (who found quote of kerry saying he went to Paris the 2nd time) who talked directly with brinkley about kerry's trips to Paris.... oh this is good!!! even talking about Kerry's status then and legality of his going to Paris... clip of John O!

you get 'em Major Garrett!

would his status be listed on his discharge document? the one Kerry says he doesn't have and the Navy says he does?

prior to this on Brit:
Brit also had 3 soundbites from former Bush Guardmates....

all 3 not agreeing with Ms Secretary and Rather....
(oh yeah, Killian's son says Ms Sec. was a pool secretary.... and I'm sure as that, she remembers all their opinions on every young guardsman that went through there.... oh I forgot, SHE KNEW IN ADVANCE that he'd be president some day....)
One said Bush was much liked and admired.... one spoke on the physical and one on Bush NOT being awol....

You can follow Kerry's status on his website. The documents are there from his release from Active to Inactive status.

However, it doesn't matter -- he was still subject to the UCMJ until 1978 when he received his Honorable Discharge.

- Chief
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed it BUT, it replays at 11:00 CST. I'll be there.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:

He doesn't rebut the trip. He is just spitting hairs. Normal people will know the difference that is it makes no difference if Kerry was technically active of not.

The fact is he had no business meeting with the enemy and normal people will see this as betrayal.

I expect that Dan Rather will be hot on this story.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M SO EXCITED. I WROTE TO BRIT JUST LAST NIGHT BEGGING HIM TO HAVE SOMEONE REPORT ON THIS. I'M NOT TAKING PERSONAL CREDIT FOR THIS REPORT (LOL), BUT I BELIEVE THEY ARE REALLY MAKING AN EFFORT TO GIVE IT A CLOSE LOOK.

I THOUGHT MAJOR GARRETT DID A GREAT JOB. JUST GOT BACK FROM TYPING AN EMAIL OF THANKS TO BRIT HUME. HOPE OTHERS WILL WRITE TOO! Very Happy

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be mistaken but I don't believe the UCMJ applies to reservists except for actions that occur while they are on active duty. I hope I misread ,but don't think so.

However, he is still in violation of the Constitutional clause concerning aid and comfort to the enemy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: