SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has President Bush signed FORM 180?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDNor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Has President Bush signed FORM 180? Reply with quote

Thanks!
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
JDNor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Please Reply with quote

Please tell me you have a link or SOMETHING that I can show to prove this...You will make my NIGHT!! Very Happy
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge Bush has not signed a SF-180 but 100s of pages have been released not just a few. He should sign it because I believe everything material has been released. That's not true for Kerry.
JDNor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: I believe ... Reply with quote

I believe as CIC his "ordering" all of his docs to be released (as he has done) is the same thing as the form 180.

No FOIA requests have been rejected based on a lack of a 180 being signed (UNLIKE Kerry ...)
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FF1047,

I agree, but they weren't directly released by DOD. They were filtered through the Whitehouse. I still think everything has been released but it would be great politics to sign a SF-180 for release to a select group of journalists not including the NY Slimes! Laughing
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an article here about Bush's records being released due to a lawsuit by the AP. I think the Pentagon has indicated that they have released any records it has found to date. I guess they will have to search through all the nooks and crannies to make sure there aren't others somewhere w/Lt. Bush's name on them.

Looks like this would apply to JFK as well, but I don't guess the Judicial Watch lawsuit is as far along.

Quote:
Judge orders U.S. to find Bush records
Associated Press, by Matt Kelley
WASHINGTON -- A federal judge has ordered the Pentagon to find and make public by next week any unreleased files about President Bush's Vietnam-era Air National Guard service to resolve a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by The Associated Press.

U.S. District Judge Harold Baer Jr. handed down the order late Wednesday in New York. The AP lawsuit already has led to the disclosure of previously unreleased flight logs from Bush's days piloting F-102A fighters and other jets
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: