SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS CONCERN OVER VIEWERSHIP PLUNGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandra2004
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: CBS CONCERN OVER VIEWERSHIP PLUNGE Reply with quote

CBS CONCERN OVER VIEWERSHIP PLUNGE; RATHER RATINGS FADE IN MAJOR MARKETS

CBS executives on both coasts have become concerned in recent days that Dan Rather's EVENING NEWS broadcast has plunged in the ratings since the anchor presented questionable documents about Bush's National Guard service.

NIELSEN numbers released this week show Rather fading and trailing his rivals in every Top 10 city, other than San Francisco, with audience margins in some cities running more than 6 to 1 against CBS!

Executives fear many voters inclined to vote for Bush are now switching off Rather.

"The audience appears to [be] polarized," a top CBS source said from LOS ANGELES on Thursday. "Rightly or wrongly, we're being perceived as 'anti-Bush,' which I do not think is fair to Dan, who is a fine journalist... of course we do not like to see the ratings coming back the way they are this week."

In Philadelphia, the nation's #4 market, Rather pulled a 2.6 rating/5 share on Tuesday night against ABC's 13.3 rating/23 share and NBC's 4.0/7.

In Chicago, Rather hit a 2.3/5 to ABC's 9.2/20.

CBS trailed ABC by more than 2 to 1 in Los Angeles.

And in the nation's top market, New York, Rather finished not only behind NBC NIGHTLY NEWS and ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT -- but also pulled less audience than reruns of the SIMPSONS, WILL & GRACE and KING OF QUEENS.

Rather finished dead last in New York during the 6:30 pm timeslot among all broadcast channels tracked by NIELSEN on Tuesday.

http://drudgereport.com/cbsd3.htm
www.juntosociety.com
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Republicans switched off CBS long ago. The more likely cause of the decline in ratings is that now independents and possibly Democrats recognize that the Cee Bogus Stories network isn't a reliable source of news.

By the way did you see Jay Leno, I thing it was Tues., he's picked up on the idea of the C BS network.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't watch CBS News at all. Also if you extend your lack of viewship to ALL CBS programs you will get their attention. Nothing grabs them like a hit to their pocketbooks.
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
Don't watch CBS News at all. Also if you extend your lack of viewship to ALL CBS programs you will get their attention. Nothing grabs them like a hit to their pocketbooks.

Anymore the only thing I watch on CBS is the NFL, anyway.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of anything I watch on cbs.... except when something like the rather interview is on....(not for rather, for the subject)
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBS? Is that still around? (yawn)
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:

It's been a long time since I've watched either Dan Rather or Tom Brokaw on television, and it's been even longer since I intentionally tuned in to watch and listen to either of these two pompous dunces.

BTW, if major networks ABC, C-BS, or NBC monitor these posts, sprucing your image by removing the pomposity won't bring me back, you're too far gone.

I am thankful for the Internet and Fox News for expanding my range of news choices.

To quote A.J. Liebling, "Freedom of the press is guaranteed to those who own one."

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homer Simpson pulling more viewers than Dan the FlimFlam Man in NYC?

Camera Closeup of Danny Boy, as he looks directly in to the camera and says Homeresquely.....

D'OH!!!!! Twisted Evil
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they really so dense? They can't figure this out?

1. Several of their own anylisist said the documents were bogus.
2. They shopped around for someone who would say that they were real.
3. Even then they haven't presented any expert who says that they are real.
4. In spite of EVERYONE telliong then that the were bogus Rather still presented them as authentic.
5. Rather didn't even have the jurnalistic integrety to poin out hat all the experlts they conculted said there were problems with them.
6. Rather lied and said instead that their experts saied that they were real, yet he has never presented an expert that said that.
7 Rather didn't do one bit of investigation of documents or he would have cought many of the probloems himself.
8. Rather appears to have gotten the documents through or from a known enemy of Bush.
9. Rather ingored all the warning signs and still presented the documents as real just because he wants to stick it to Bush.
10. This is journalistic FRAUD. It's not responsible reporting. Any company that violate the public trust on public airwaves lthe way SeeBS has is not only partisan, they are defacto members of Kerry's campaign.

ARE YOU LISTENING C'BS'?: You are no longer journalists, but politicians. And, to their credit, the large majority of your viewers, see though your facade, and really don't have an interest in watching political advertisments disguised as news.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not watch CBS, NBC or ABC anymore. Not ever. I only watch FOX and MSNBC (a little).

Other than that I watch Discovery or C-span. There's really nothing worth watching on TV any more. I used to watch ER but the programming got so liberal (gay femal doctor has baby with her lover), we're not doing enough to fight AIDS in Africa. The show has so many liberal undertones that I stopped it altogether. Other than that if I know an actor or newscaster is liberal I try really hard not to endorse them with my viewing pleasure. I haven't even been to a movie in over a year and I will not go back because of what Hollywood has turned into (a big sinkhole).

Besides, you guys are all the entertainment I need. Wink
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still like NightLine. Ted Koppel the other night said something "We in the media are going to have to get a very tall ladder just to climb up to level of Muk." The man has a sense of humor, and unlike some in the business he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: