SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry and cops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
achen50
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Kerry and cops Reply with quote

As a cop,I was pleased to learn that the National F O P has enthusiastically endorsed Pres Bush. This was not reported anywhere in the press that I could find. http://www.grandlodgefop.org/

An interesting note about this. Both candidates were sent a questionare concerning law enforcement concerns.Pres Bush answered all questions and sent the answers to the FOP> Kerry did not ever acknowledge the questions in any way>

The FOP attempted to interview Kerry on 4 occasions to address concerns of the over 300.000 police officers in the FOP but neither he nor his campaign ever responded. Kerry obviously has the same respect for cops as he has for soldiers.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, achen50! Smile

There ARE some first-responder unions with their lids on tight! Smile Some police officers have balked at their big unions' endorsement for Kerry by starting the grassroots Police Officers for Bush.

I'm moving this to the off-topic forum, (the Geedunk) but I'll certainly visit your link!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsmax has an article up on this tonight;

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/16/220729.shtml

Unlike the Firefighters Union backing Kerry, they are the largest Police Union and are being ignored for their endorsement.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry and cops Reply with quote

[quote="achen50"]As a cop,I was pleased to learn that the National F O P has enthusiastically endorsed Pres Bush. This was not reported anywhere in the press that I could find. [url]

email this to Bor, John Gibson (he puts up emails all thru out his show (on in the afternoon), Hannity, the Beltway boys, Cal Thomas, Scarborough etc.

Pound it into them until it starts showing up some where!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FOP is not a union, at least where I live. We are a local chapter encompassing officers and others from two counties.

It is a support group and we do have a voice but I would never say we are a union. Each department has their own union, guild or other type of representation and each member can choose or not to be a member of the FOP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: