SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pray for US.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Pray for US. Reply with quote

Every day I say a prayer in the privacy of my own heart that the President of the United States of America is fabulously successful in all of his endeavors.

Marine Brat
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you!
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privacy of your own heart? I'm glad to hear that. I distrust people who try too hard to publicly proclaim their holiness. Religion is a private and personal matter. It's more meaningful when your faith exists not as a public demonstration.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Privacy of your own heart? I'm glad to hear that. I distrust people who try too hard to publicly proclaim their holiness. Religion is a private and personal matter. It's more meaningful when your faith exists not as a public demonstration.

This is one of those times, Sparky, that you should maybe just be silent if you can't say something without so much bile in it.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not bile. It's an affirmation of faith for those who don't flaunt it. I respect religion when it's not a public demonstration of something else!
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're making a judgement you can't make unless you can see what is in Marine Brats heart.
I doubt you can do that.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But since her prayers are in the privacy of her own heart, I only offered her praise.

Right?
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:

Greetings Sparky:

I hope you woulnd't want to suppress me from being allowed to publicly express my patriotic duty, AKA, wishing for good things to happen to my Commander in Chief, and in extension my country? Wishing/praying.... same thing. If you're godless, then you should wish for the guy. If you're not, then you should pray for him. Either way, a good American wishes/prays good things for the CIC, and in fact for every person in the World.

It's not important what you say you believe in... lots of roads lead to heaven if heaven exists. What matters is what you hope for. I hope for good things to happen to a man who has had trials and tribulations that are far beyond most of us, that no man should have to endure. I wish him/you well!

Hoping for good things in your life, Sparky.

MarineBrat
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
That's not bile. It's an affirmation of faith for those who don't flaunt it. I respect religion when it's not a public demonstration of something else!

There are lots of public demonstrations performed by civic minded, church-going people, who happen to attend a church and perform civic duties with other civic minded people, that wouldn't offend your sensibilities. And they're even "something else" besides religion. Could be as simple as picking up litter.

MarineBrat
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine Brat:

Thank you so much for praying for the CIC. We felt your wonderful prayers touch our hearts when Bill Clinton was the CIC. I remember so many of you good people praying for the CIC to die a horrible agonizing death so a wonderful Christian man like George W. Bush could bring God back to the White House. That's the kind of prayers I recall hearing from so many good, Christian Republicans. Thank You so much for doing God's will. I know you are praying similarly for Senator John Kerry.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
But since her prayers are in the privacy of her own heart, I only offered her praise.

Right?

Hiya Sparky:

#1, I'd make a decidedly unattractive woman. If you saw me in high heels you would avoid me in a dark alley!

#2, praise should be designed so as to be interpreted as praise. Many in this forum would have read your words a different way, which I tend to believe you are well aware of. Thus the "Right?" at the end of your post?

I don't think you would like me if you got to know me, and that's OK. My family have paid our dues, and there's no feelings of inferiority around here. Most of what I read here is quite cartooney, and there's plenty of room to forgive. After all, you're all just a bunch of blow-hards on the internet, right?

Between my Dad and my Brother, we've had someone in the US Military since 1943. Dad was a Marine in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. (I've got a Japanese rifle under my bed that I inherited from him) Brother has been USCG since 1971, when Dad retired. Dad called the Marines in Gulf War 1 to see if he could help. They suggested he was a bit long in the tooth! Smile There's 61 years of service beetween the two of them. Brother is shipping out in a couple of weeks for places best left unsaid. If you're ever unlucky enough to need him or his mates, they'll be there for you. Dad would have been there for you too! Being so surrounded with these people who have lived "love of country", I find myself feeling disappointment when I see people attacking US, both inside and out. A military brat learns things about love of country and sacrifice that are not available to the civilian. I feel so blessed and lucky to have been my Father's son. He was a life long Democrat, and always voted the party line for the first 3/4 of his life. But towards the end, the Democratic party changed. The American ideals of duty and honor and comraderie have been besmirched... by BOTH parties largely. The only difference is that in the Replublicans I see a little more belief in old fashioned hard work ethic. There's nothing wrong with getting rich. Only in fostering the belief that it can be done easy. If every American understood that you are where you're at, because you've done what you've done, we'd be able to ..... Oh hell, why am I blathering so much?!?!?! This is a stupid old internet forum. You guys know which way is up don't you?

Since I've already said who I'm voting for in another thread, I'd like to say this. I can't remember ever voting for a Republican before, but I will this November for certain, barring some last minute romantic escapades between Bush and a critter. I like George W., and I can respect him. I wish him the best!

Like I said, I'll pray/hope for him to be a huge success. If Kerry's elected, I'll pray/hope for him as well, but I just have a bad feeling about his loyalties.

I send my most sincere thanks and praise for the Swift Boat Veterans who have put this forum together. You guys are the BEST! Well, as far as Navy goes, anyway. Smile I understand just how they feel, and I support them. My Dad had certain "terms of endearment" he used when referring to members of the service who weren't USMC. Even special ones for the USN. You Swift Boat guys are a bunch of those! Smile

Semper Fi

MarineBrat
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Marine Brat:

Thank you so much for praying for the CIC. We felt your wonderful prayers touch our hearts when Bill Clinton was the CIC. I remember so many of you good people praying for the CIC to die a horrible agonizing death so a wonderful Christian man like George W. Bush could bring God back to the White House. That's the kind of prayers I recall hearing from so many good, Christian Republicans. Thank You so much for doing God's will. I know you are praying similarly for Senator John Kerry.

Why do you doubt my motives? You don't even know me. And yet you sling all this sarcasm at me? You should be ashamed of yourself.

I’ll have you know that Bill Clinton was the target of my good thoughts and wishes, as well as every president all the way back to Kennedy, who’s the farthest back I can remember. It's every Marine Brat's duty and privilege to protect the CIC.

I sure wish that NASA’s SETI program would drum up some aliens so that all of you hurtful guys out there could find reasons to love your fellow man. A good analogy is two elephants I was watching on a nature program one time. It was getting near mating season and these two male elephants were decidedly unpleasant with each other. Then a whole bunch of lions came walking out of the trees and suddenly the elephants had that old “you and me, right?” look about them. If you think that the differences between you and I are cavernous, you have some shocking events in your future!

MarineBrat
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Marine Brat:

I guess I am so used to the hate-mongering of Republican religious icons like Reverund Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, that when someone comes along who is sincere, and I believe from your posts that you are, I tend to take a dim view of religion being dragged into the politics and react with a dose of "HEAVY SARCASM."

I apologize.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhedges53 wrote:
Sorry, Marine Brat:

I guess I am so used to the hate-mongering of Republican religious icons like Reverund Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, that when someone comes along who is sincere, and I believe from your posts that you are, I tend to take a dim view of religion being dragged into the politics and react with a dose of "HEAVY SARCASM."

I apologize.

Hi Dhedges53:

Thanks, I do appreciate that. I'd never been a big fan of those two reverends you mention. They're always looking to hit the big home-runs, and reach millions of people, and I believe that once you get bigger than the local community your true message tends to get lost.

I think that each and every one of us has views on some subject which would be defined within the bounds of hate-mongering by someone else out there. The best we can usually do is tolerance, and attempt to turn the other cheek.

Have a GREAT day,

MarineBrat
dhedges53
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson both stated that Osama Bin Ladin was right. They stated on the 700 Club that gays, Lesbians, feminists, the ACLU, and People for the American Way were responsible for 9/11. That is what I call hate-mongering. No need to look for subtleties here. I have seen people on this site make similar thoughtless statements. Maybe thats why, at times, I get a little sensitive when I hear these same people blasting Kerry, not for his exemplary military service, but for trying to stop the Vietnam War. A war in which 58,000 good, decent, and honourable young men, serving their country, died for NOTHING. They died at the whim of the politicians who decided they could conduct the war more effectively than the military.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: