SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1riverrun
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Florida Reply with quote

Hello,

In an overall view of the election I think Bush will fair very well. I think he will carry the states that he carried in 00' and possible a few others including New Mexico, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and maybe Minnesota. However I am really concerned over Florida. If Bush does not win Florida it could be a big deal. If Bush would by chance loose a few Florida contains enought EV to really make a difference. Recently Kerry has backed out 5MM dollars out of four states to focus on PA, OH and FL.
I think OH is in good shape for Bush. SBVT is running ads in PA.

So my question is what is the reupblican party and SBVT doing to help aid Florida?

Michael in Illinois
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Michael. I like living in a red state. Yeah it is a matra at this point! Keep those ads coming. So far I have seen the SBVT ads on the talk circuit. The B/C04 ads are very good here and pretty frequent but the Kerry ads are nasty. I am off to the B/C04 hq tomorrow to find out some info, particulary about the snowbird concern. I hope we aren't longing for the hanging chad fiasco, if this one blows up! The dems are definitely stirring up trouble on all fronts. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So my question is what is the reupblican party and SBVT doing to help aid Florida?

Beats me what the Republicans are doing. The SBVT has only one mission: to ensure Kerry is not elected as CinC.

All the SBVT can do is to highlight the TRUTH of Kerry's history. The *responsibility* of either the incumbant or any contender is to run their campaign however they see fit.

For me, it's "Anyone But Kerry".
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Cipher said the SBVT have but one mission, and that is to educate the Public on the real JFnKerry and see to it he is not elected.
This will be moved to the Geedunk and Scuttlebutt Forum shortly.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush has been very responsive in supporting and providing relief to Florida following the recent hurricanes. I'm not so sure that Kerry is going to have as much support down there as previous Democrats had. I'm sure hoping he doesn't. Maybe the Bush campaign could make a few ads outlining how well he responded, those would hit home, I think.
1riverrun
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just hope that the ads that Bush is running and the fact that he has visited FL alot after the huricanes will help out. All the poles I have seen show it a dead tie or Kerry leading by a few votes.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in FL and I can tell you the Swift Boat ad are running here. Not all of them, but on and off. There are however lots of Vets and their famillies here. I'm optomistic but not over confident. This state could still go either way. Both sides know it.

I think though if Pa, Ws and Mn go to Bush it will make up for FL.
God and Country
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to take Florida. We need to take all the states except NY and CA

We need to send all the communist pig to NY and CA.

Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Charlie Frances and Ivan Guaranteed Bush a victory in Florida! Although I think that some believe that Bush was responsible for them, You know that right wing conspiracy and all. Wink
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See www.realclearpolitics.com for the Florida I-4 corridor poll:

Bush 51

Kerry 38

Also look at the Colorado poll:

Bush 50

Kerry 38

Bush is crossing the 50% threshold in many states. There is evidence of a landslide building, although we have a long way to go. Kerry will attempt to make Iraq into Viet Nam over the next 6 weeks. His version of Viet Nam, that is.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how the hurricanes helped bush. He did what anyone would have / should have done which was to approve federal aid. Plus they killed a lot of people and damaged property.

Anyone know by how much his brother was reelected as Gov? Definitely he needs to still campaign there as OH looks solidly Bush at this point. All he needs to win it will be FL.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote absentee in Florida, and not only am I concerned about the "SnowBirds" from the north east, I wonder if questions about so called "Voting irregularities" in Florida come up again, will the Dems want to try and throw out my vote again because it was postmarked at an APO.

I can tell you that I have heard this concern brought up quite often over here in Germany among other military members.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Se7eN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Sarasota, and I see Bush/Cheney stickers everywhere. I've only seen one Kerry sticker. But I think the coastline leans more left and as you graduate inland, it becomes more southern and 'redneckish' for a lack of better terms. The problem is the coastlines are more dense.

After seeing the poll today, though, I wondered if all the Kerry supporters(Democrats without the spine of Zell Miller) were just hiding their vote and support. They are ashamed because they have the dreadful option candidate. I think W will take Florida though.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks the good ole rednecks will go hard for Bush because they usually vote with who the NRA chooses. The Jewish poulation is a mystery, why would they forsake Bush when he has been the best US President at supporting Israel? The Cubans are 80 % Bush. The new influx of Puerto Ricans in Central Florida lean more for Kerry, the snowbirds lean more for Kerry in both NY and FL (many vote both states). Kerry is trying to make inroads with the old folks by scaring the beejeesus out of them that Bush is after their social security benefits (ancient Dem formula).
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Naples and if a Democrat exists in the county he will need to brush the cobwebs out of the election booth to vote Democratic.

Here in Collier County even people who are really democrats must run as Republicans to have a chance to win.

We call those folks elephants with truncated trunks.

No one needs to worry about our snow birds voting democratic. The will vote Republican at home as well as here in Florida Very Happy

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: