SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Questioned About His 'Chinese Assault Rifle'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JROTC
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Kerry Questioned About His 'Chinese Assault Rifle' Reply with quote

This man is truely unbelievable. Mr. Kerry has an F voting record from the NRA for backing anything that would take away our ability to protect our family and ourselves.

Below is a link where he is stating in an interview in the Oct. issue of Outdoor Life that he owns a AK47 - could you?

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewCulture.asp?Page=\Culture\archive\200409\CUL20040917a.html
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is true and John Scary owns an assault rifle, it is simply ANOTHER example where liberal elitists decide that a law should only apply to us mindless morons in fly-over country but exempt themselves because they are so much more superior to us. Evil or Very Mad
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be a AK-47.

It may be an SKS, those are pretty common, and semiauto, not sure if it falls under the ban.

We'll have to see the weapon first but I agree, for a man who pushes gun control then claims to have a chinese military weapon is a shining example of hypocrisy in action.
a6502
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you also can own an 'AK-47'. Not the 'real thing', unless you want to suffer through scads of paperwork - but you CAN actually own, well - pretty much anything. No nuc's, but there are licenses for things like cannon, explosives, and I have even seen a quad .50 for sale. Thank God and the Veterans. As far as I know, the only legal class III weapon ever used in a crime was by a policeman (surprisingly, not a postal employee).

I believe that Kerry himself describes this thing as an 'assault weapon', which could mean a straw capable of firing spitballs. The man is from MA, and they just don't like things that go bang. Even on July 4th. EVERYTHING is an 'assault weapon' in MA.

My concern is his statement that you don't need something like an 'assault weapon' for hunting or sport. What does he plan on using his for then?

Would operating a firearm under the influence of Kool-Aide be a crime, or a defense?
rekcutt
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Kerry and fire arms Reply with quote

I like it A6, Shooting under the influence, aka "SUI" hell, that probably is a class one felony in MA.

But then Kerry would claim the "wingers" got it wrong, that his family has an "SUI", but it's not "his".
Navyolsalt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Weapons Reply with quote

I have a weapons collection including a MAC-11 Sub-Machine Gun. The required BATF paper work is really not all that bad to complete. The difficult part is waiting the 9 months for BATF to do the background investigation before they will issue the permit so you can take possession of the weapon from the gun shop.
Even during the assault weapons ban I could go to any gun shop in my state (not California) and purchase AR-15's, AK-47's, SKS, etc. etc. the only thing was these weapons did not some some itmes (e.g. flash surpressor, pictol grip, etc. etc.). Yes the assault weapons ban was BS but really didn't change that much; however, I'm gald that it expired.
Sincerely,
Navyolsalt
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking this link to another forum where they slammed Bush for letting the ban expire.
One guy pissed everyone off when he posted pics of a small arsenal all legally purchased under the ban.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: