SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do the Swiftvets take advertisement suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starfire-1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Do the Swiftvets take advertisement suggestions? Reply with quote

Hello All,

I was wondering if the Swiftvets accepted suggestions for new advertisements. I've put together a script entitled "John Kerry's Lesson" based upon comments from his 1971 testimony where he states that [America] cannot fight communism all over the world.

I think this point of view cuts to the heart of why he is unfit to be the President in this world wide war on terror.

I'd be happy to send the script to whomever would be interested within the Swiftvet group.

Thanks,
Bruce
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce...

Please direct your suggestion to media@swiftvets.com

In the interim, we encourage you to discuss your concepts within the forum.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! to member #6001! Wink

Thanks
starfire-1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Me#1You#10!

I've submitted my suggestion and I can repeat some of the content here.

The title is "John Kerry's Lesson" which begins with his testimony in 1971 to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. There he derided Richard Nixon's desire to free people under communist rule by claiming that they [the Vietnamese] are not free under us [America] and that we cannot fight communism all over the world and that we should have learned that lesson by now.

(Nixon's desire to free oppressed people from communism is a direct parallel to President Bush's desire to free people from terrorism)

The ad then transitions through Ronald Reagan's famous Brandenburg gate speech in 1987 and the destruction of the wall in 1989. This is followed by September 11th footage references to the global war on terror. The ad ends with a question to the viewing public "What lesson have you learned?"

Several months ago I heard John Kerry's Senate testimony and this particular statement - the resignation that communism cannot be fought worldwide - lept out at me as unbelievable. How can a man who so easily admitted defeat in 1971 be trusted to fight global terrorism in 2004?

I hope that this suggestion will be useful in your effort to remind the public of who John Kerry was and is.
Dabba55
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let us not forget Sen. Kerry's attempt to broker a surrender with Daniel Ortega, of the communist Sandinista's. He was censured by his Senate colleagues for that. It was a Paris/North Vietnamese redux.

We're talking major patterns here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: