SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salutes to Reagan - did Kerry salute?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Salutes to Reagan - did Kerry salute? Reply with quote

I watched the final televised ceremonies for Ronald Reagan at Simi Valley.

Quite a few individuals in civvies saluted Reagan in his casket.

My nomination for best salute - Mickey Rooney.

Mickey Rooney put a lot of emotion and respect into his personal farewell to Ronald Reagan. I was surprised and pleased to see Mickey Rooney there.

I haven't seen the footage yet, but I've heard Bill and Hillary Clinton dozed on camera during the Washington, DC church services. I am pleased but not suprised to hear this.

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see John Kerry, but I did see the Clinton's dozing. Coudln't they have stayed home? After all this was not a good publicity stunt for either of them...but we are talking about the Clinton's...they have never really shown much class....and neither did Kerry by claiming he was not going to campaign but yet couldn't get to Simi without the cameras could he. Typical Kerry style. Lie, Lie and Lie and then smile for the cameras!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only was I very impressed with the snappy salute given by Mickey Rooney, seeing Margaret Thatcher's determination to go to Simi Valley against doctors wishes as well as her bowing before the casket showed me how much respect they both had for him.

I was working during the actual funeral, but heard that Britt Hume was making feeble excuse for the Clintons apparent napping, claiming instead they were both deep in thought. Rolling Eyes
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

I was working during the actual funeral, but heard that Britt Hume was making feeble excuse for the Clintons apparent napping, claiming instead they were both deep in thought. Rolling Eyes

Britt Hume was actually saying it in a very sarcastic tone and giving possible excuses that the Clintons might have. Personally, I thought it was one heck of a good slam on them.

Margaret Thatcher - what a class act. Nuff said.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always did like the "Iron Lady". Was reported she had bought a black dress over a year ago for this and carried it with her everywhere. It was also reported she flew to the US against Dr's advice...and even boarded the plane and flew with Nancy to Simi Valley. Both ladies were a class act. When I saw Nancy at the end I cried (I am a girl and I can do that!!!!). Yet we have another class act with Laura Bush...hate to see Mrs. Theresa Heinz-Kerry as first lady. We just have to make sure THAT does not happen.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
I always did like the "Iron Lady". Was reported she had bought a black dress over a year ago for this and carried it with her everywhere. It was also reported she flew to the US against Dr's advice...and even boarded the plane and flew with Nancy to Simi Valley. Both ladies were a class act. When I saw Nancy at the end I cried (I am a girl and I can do that!!!!). Yet we have another class act with Laura Bush...hate to see Mrs. Theresa Heinz-Kerry as first lady. We just have to make sure THAT does not happen.

I cried also, almost all week. So many of the major players came to pay respects. Did you see the Indian in full dress! That was great.

God forbid, we have a Kerry-Heinz first couple. It is always neck and neck in those damn polls! Hopefully the Bush-haters will begin to see Kerry is the biggest phony, liar and appeaser in the world. Wasn't it he who referred to N Vietnam as the "democratic, elected govt"?

Regarding Clinton: Reagan had so much respect for the Oval Office, he wouldn't even take off his jacket, say no more! Embarassed

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Regarding Clinton: Reagan had so much respect for the Oval Office, he wouldn't even take off his jacket, say no more!

Both President Bush's follow this rule also! Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-4! Say no more!

They played Kerry's rants about Reagan back in the day on 77, WABC radio. It must have killed him to have to pay his respects. All week the left was going crazy.
They didn't know what to do, even when Ray Charles died, (Bless his soul, a great man), they kept showing his performance at the Republican Convention.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa Alwood wrote:
I did not see John Kerry, but I did see the Clinton's dozing. Coudln't they have stayed home? After all this was not a good publicity stunt for either of them...but we are talking about the Clinton's...they have never really shown much class....and neither did Kerry by claiming he was not going to campaign but yet couldn't get to Simi without the cameras could he. Typical Kerry style. Lie, Lie and Lie and then smile for the cameras!

Someone said that was probably the first time they'd slept together in years! Embarassed
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
Theresa Alwood wrote:

Someone said that was probably the first time they'd slept together in years! Embarassed

I heard that also, too funny! Laughing

PhuCat to Phu Quoc
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCnative wrote:
Did you see the Indian in full dress! That was great.

Wearing what? A sari? A Nehru suit? Or; buckskins, moccasins and war bonnet?

Obviously, I didn't see that.

Did Jane Fonda help the North Vietnamese communists?
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/polls/jfondapoll-1.htm
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhuCat to Phu Quoc wrote:
NYCnative wrote:
Did you see the Indian in full dress! That was great.

Wearing what? A sari? A Nehru suit? Or; buckskins, moccasins and war bonnet?

Obviously, I didn't see that.

Your right, I wasn't exactly clear on that!
He was an American Indian Chief, I don't know what tribe. He stood at the foot of the casket and saluted.. It was printed in the NY Daily News and The Staten Island Advance.
I'll try to find it and post.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCnative wrote:
He was an American Indian Chief, I don't know what tribe.

Puh-leeeez. That's NATIVE American Indian Chief...did you somehow manage to miss the re-education camp? Do you want to bring the wrath of God down upon this humble forum? Laughing

BTW, welcome aboard.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 1/8 Sioux, and I am an Indian, nothing Native about me. But your right the rath of God will come down on us, even me. All I got to say is wait til it's Cowboy's and democrats and there won't be many of them left either. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: