SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBSNYT Poll SwiftVet Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: CBSNYT Poll SwiftVet Questions Reply with quote

Also being headlined by Drudge:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/17/opinion/polls/main644205.shtml

Confounding (at least to me) results on the SwiftVets:

Quote:

Voters are very aware of ads targeting John Kerry's war record of thirty years ago. Eight in ten voters have heard or read about the anti-Kerry "Swift Boat Veterans" ads. But they are more inclined to disbelieve them. Among voters who know about the ads, 47 percent think the charges against Kerry are mostly false, but a third think the charges are mostly true.

ARE CHARGES IN SWIFT BOAT ADS MOSTLY TRUE OR MOSTLY FALSE?
(Voters Who Know about the Ads)

Mostly true
33%
Mostly false
47%

Moreover, nearly two-thirds of voters who know about the "Swift Boat Veterans" ads think those veterans speak only for themselves, and that the ads do not represent the views of most Vietnam War veterans.

SWIFT BOAT VETERANS

Speak for themselves
64%
Represent most Vietnam veterans
23%

Voters who have heard or read about the Swift Boat ads are split on whether there has been coordination between the Bush campaign and the people running these ads. 42 percent agree with the Kerry campaign’s charges and say there has been coordination, but just as many, 41 percent, don’t think so.

HAS THERE BEEN COORDINATION BETWEEN BUSH CAMPAIGN AND SWIFT BOAT ADS?

Yes
42%
No
41%

Veterans are more likely to say there is no coordination.
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another attempt at damage control by SeeBS, and the Communist, er, New York Times.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a BIG difference between the Question asked in the poll and the SUMMARY that is reported. Honest polsters know the difference and frame their questions in such a way as to remove any bias. Polsters wanting to elicit a response to bolster their bias can frame the QUESTION to get the RESPONSE they want. At this point in time, I would question any poll results from CBS.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we REALLY be surprised that a substantial population exists whose only knowledge of the SwiftVet charges was obtained through the MSM filtering process?

Here's a question they can explore. Of all the independents that have read the book, what percentage feels that the Swiftees are truthful or Kerry is truthful?
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenDeR wrote:
There is a BIG difference between the Question asked in the poll and the SUMMARY that is reported. Honest polsters know the difference and frame their questions in such a way as to remove any bias. Polsters wanting to elicit a response to bolster their bias can frame the QUESTION to get the RESPONSE they want. At this point in time, I would question any poll results from CBS.

But here's the latest See BS poll result on the Presidential race:

Bush-Cheney 50%
Kerry-Edwards 41%

Here's the link.

I'm amazed they even reported that. They could have just reported the Harris Poll out showing an even race.
My favorite is still Gallup.
BenDeR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's assume for the moment that I'm a pollster who favors a particulate candidate.

The race is close but I want to influence public opinion. I run a poll with questions that favor the opponent and I get results that show the opponent with a lead. The next week (or days) I run another poll with questions that favor MY candidate and the results show an increase for MY candidate. I can now report that the opposition lead is SHRINKING. MY candidate is closing the gap and MY candidate has the momentum.

Again, I would not trust anything from CBS. Think "Documentgate".

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
Capt. Lloyd Williams, USMC
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Should we REALLY be surprised that a substantial population exists whose only knowledge of the SwiftVet charges was obtained through the MSM filtering process?

Here's a question they can explore. Of all the independents that have read the book, what percentage feels that the Swiftees are truthful or Kerry is truthful?

I thought some more about these results after I saw them and came to the same conclusion. I would really like to know what percentage of the believes/not believes have actually read the book. Unfortunately, the poll speaks to how much influence the MSM can still exert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: