SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened Feb 25, 1971

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: What happened Feb 25, 1971 Reply with quote

Need some help trying to understand what happened on Feb 25, 1971, Something occured with the VVAW that really rattled the FBI's cage. Message traffic from the FBI was sent to the Director of CIA, Henry Kissinger, NSA, Director of DIA, and Att General. The message was also forwarded to several foreign intel services. The message states "Treat AS YELLOW". The message is on page 80 of Section 2 from the Winter Soldier FBI files, but is so heavily censored and redacted that I can't figure out what the excitement was all about. Looking at the timelines this was after Winter Soldier and before Dewey Canyon so I guess my question is:
WTF?
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See message traffic that references that Feb 25 date on pg85, and pg104 --add'l addressee is Ottowa

During wintersoldier investigation Dec 31, Jan1-2 in Detroit there were also concurrent testimonies given in windsor canada with North Vietnamese present.

Speculating - Feb25 refers to something going on in canada,and perhaps with the No Vietnamese ?
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Meetings Reply with quote

Kate wrote:
Quote:
Speculating - Feb25 refers to something going on in canada,and perhaps with the No Vietnamese ?

That's what I was thinking too, that VVAW decided to meet North Vietnamese in Canada again, since they sucessfully met during Winter Soldier. With Dewey Canyon looming on the horizon, and funds dwindling, perhaps they needed an influx of commie cash? Again this is a all speculation and that's why I was wondering if anyone else had some info. I am working on a dial-up connection, and those FBI files take forever to download and store on the hard drive. That means I have't looked at any files past section 5 yet
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be some reference to assassination of senators?
Never Ever Kerry
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW- that assassination of senators discussion was in Nov 71
see this thread

The VVAW --- FBI Files --- some Extracts

SteamSnipe --IIRC seeing another post of yours that quoted & cited some FBI files? Copy/Add it to that Extracts thread if you get a chance - so it doesnt get lost.
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When were they in Florida? There was concern by the FBI that the VVAW were going to harm Nixon who was vacationing there, but I can't remember when exactly that happened.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened Feb 25, 1971 Reply with quote

SteamSnipe wrote:
Need some help trying to understand what happened on Feb 25, 1971, Something occured with the VVAW that really rattled the FBI's cage. Message traffic from the FBI was sent to the Director of CIA, Henry Kissinger, NSA, Director of DIA, and Att General. The message was also forwarded to several foreign intel services. The message states "Treat AS YELLOW". The message is on page 80 of Section 2 from the Winter Soldier FBI files, but is so heavily censored and redacted that I can't figure out what the excitement was all about. Looking at the timelines this was after Winter Soldier and before Dewey Canyon so I guess my question is:
WTF?

Why doesn't someone in SwiftVets ask Henry Kissinger?

-- FDL
wonhyo
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: What happened Feb 25, 1971 Reply with quote

http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/index.php?topic=Timeline
this web aite has the whole time line and you can read his book "The New Soldier' complete with pictures

fortdixlover wrote:
SteamSnipe wrote:
WTF?

Why doesn't someone in SwiftVets ask Henry Kissinger?

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: