SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My ideas about what needs to be covered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: My ideas about what needs to be covered Reply with quote

Saw a post some place about needing ideas for the winter soldier investigaiton stuff.

As a regular Joe born in 1969 who grew up under the spectre of Viet Nam I have noticed what resonates with the masses who I bump into day after day.

A lot of people don't know what to think about the medals, but they seem to be fired up about his testimony in front of the senate.

They get fired up about the assassination plot of senators at the K.C. VVAW meeting.

They don't like the fact he went to Paris to talk to N. Viet Nam leaders while still an officer.

The Jane Fonda connection is another one that hits home.

His war crimes that he says he committed.

His record of helping Viet Nam out during his senate career needs to be talked about.

These are points the average American might like to hear more about in my humble opinion.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanRun Hunter:
You missed when he met with North Vietnamese in Canada.
m_drummond
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hit the Fonda angle hardest. Even some anti-war protestors were (are)put off by her antics. Every known link between Fonda and Kerry need to be carefully explored and vetted. No exaggerations, not the facts. This could be a whole piece by itself (assuming there are enough solid links).

The Kerry Naval Officer status along with his trip to Paris is another winner. Also careful research particularly into all the defense pieces so these are anticipated and pre-refuted in the piece.

Gen. Giap's diary should be pressed along with Viet Nams War Museum and throw in Paris. There's plenty of older Dems that still believe our differences should be left at the water's edge and would be incensed by these.
________
AIRSOFT COLT

Last edited by m_drummond on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: what needs to be covered Reply with quote

if i was an undecided american and saw a montage of :

The FBI documents that he attended a meeting to assasinate senators
His picture in the Hanoi museum
His meetings with the enemy
his tossing his metals
a viet nam vet explaing how kerry coached him to lie
his lambasting of our troops in congress

then to today saying he voted for before voting against
then the new move on video

well that would do it for me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan,

I like your idea for an ad. As I read your words I could visualize the story line in my head.

I think his extreme wealth and privilege should be brought up also. He tries to paint himself as a the poor man's canidate, but he's way more wealthy than Bush by far!
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacts with the enemy. Kerry's motivation for 'ending the Vietnam war'.

Another member is pursuing at length the "agenda" Kerry had priorto his 'military' experience, and some of his connections click into a pattern I am working on....Kerry's handlers.

Following the "money" and "power" I sense tenuous and sometimes 'hard' connections related to land, real estate deals, Financing (banks, etc) associates of Kerry, good grief the web is wide.

e.g. Collier's International / US/ASEAN council / and one that is absolutely frightening AIG (American International Group).

Anyone wanta play with this, PM me.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important thing to me about Kerry's anti-war activities is that he cannot say that he has changed. Kerry seems to be the same person he was in 1971, and it seems that he would do the same things today. Even Jane Fonda offered somekind of apology for some of the things she did. I don't think Kerry ever has.
I can understand how someone could be decieved as a young person into being an anti-war radical, but then growing up & maturing, and being ashamed of it later on in life.
I'm also an "average Joe born in 1969" and in my opinion, us "average Joe's born in 1969" don't care too much for the hippie/anti-war movement. That might still have some popularity with those of Kerry's generation, but I think any footage of Kerry's radicalism in the early 70's will damage him among the younger generations, at least among those who care enough about things to vote.
I would really like to see two things brought to the front:
1-Kerry's book "THE NEW SOLDIER." Maybe the Swiftees can take a copy everytime they are on TV and show America the picture on the front cover of the mockery made of Iwo Jima, and the wierdos raising an upside down American flag.
2-Kerry's picture in the Communist War Museum in Vietnam, where the Communist honor him for helping him to win the war.
I think more exposure on these two things would damage Kerry a lot more.
Also, maybe the Swiftees could use the guy who admitted that Kerry and the VVAW influence him to lie at the Winter Soldier investigation. I think his name is Pitkin, or something like that. He spoke at the Kerry Lied Rally.
concernedgranny
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that did it for me is finding out about his picture in the Hanoi Museum and the senator assassination plot. They were news to me as I had heard so much about the protests and anti-war actions, but never had I heard about the picture or plot. When I tell people now about it they seemed shock. I mean think about it. should he become president and you don't approve of his ideas, then he'll just plan to get rid of you. I don't care if Bush met his requirements or not, at least he didn't "meet" with the enemy.
Julie
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Next ad? Reply with quote

I've stopped second-guessing the Swifties choices in terms of getting the word out about John Kerry as these ads are indeed devastating. I do, however, hope that the next one....maybe mid-October...addresses the John Kerry pohotgraph that hangs in the North Vietnamese war museum touting Kerry as a "hero" that helped the Communists win the war against America.

The Swiftboat Vets deserve much credit for keeping John Kerry from getting within spitting distance of the Oval office which is exactly what Kerry has done to the Oval Office, America, and VietNam vets....spit on them. Just keeping him from being president doesn't go far enough IMO. I want him out of the Senate too. After this election, this Massachusetts stay-at-home mom is going to join other Massachusetts residents sickened by the fact that John Kerry holds a position of honor in our government. That is just unacceptable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: