SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OUTRAGEOUS Hollywood Emmy Spoof
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanningp
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: OUTRAGEOUS Hollywood Emmy Spoof Reply with quote

...of swiftboat ads.....I just had to switch the telecast off after that.

Just couldn't stomach it anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so pissed right now, that was about the most AAAHHHH I can't even write i'm am so mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... can someone with a better stomach than mine describe the spoof?

This could be reallllly good news!!! LOL!

Mr. and Mrs. America are already ticked off at the Hollyweird types - and Swifties have proven themselves to be the "good guys" in this movie.

All they need to do out there is tick off a few more and everything but California and New York will go red! Very Happy
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just turned it off to come on the 'puter..let me know asap. They were getting out of control early..I knew this was coming up..someone fill us in on the details...we can handle it, and we will handle it..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically it was a spoof of kerry and the Swift Vets, They made a film about George Washington crossing the Delaware river and his crew mates saying that he didn’t and a bunch of crap to that effect.
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This could be reallllly good news!!! LOL!

Mr. and Mrs. America are already ticked off at the Hollyweird types - and Swifties have proven themselves to be the "good guys" in this movie.

3N I think you might be right, My wife who I would say is pretty average when it comes to politics and pretty much stays away from it. she is more pissed than me just because they used Washington’s name in that way. Not even that they were trying to compare him to kerry, jus that they used his name.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the reaction in the audience?

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before my wife turned it off, there was a bunch of laughter, at that point the TV was off and the radio was on.
GaryD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow JOHN GEORGE WASHINGTON KERRY

Road across 181 meters of the Delaware river in the cold, scary darkness, with his armada of dinghys to meet with the Hessian soldiers to try to establish a coalition. His goal was to send in a "psyops group" with gifts of wienersnitzl & schnops while trying to find out why they didn't like the Continental Army.

The following spot report indicates that JOHN GEORGE suffered a wound when his flagship, the dinghy TaRaaaza 1, was tossed violently about by a wave, he was then thrown from the helm and impaled in the ass with a large wooden splinter from the side of the dinghy TaRaaaza 1.

Coordinates are unknown.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminded me of a web page emailed to me by
an editor in my town, after I had sent him several links to
sites that verify the SBVT accusations. I didn't take the
time to read it once I saw the title, but I remembered that
the page had pictures of Washington crossing the Deleware,
and the book, Unfit for Command.

I couldn't remember the name, and 'googled' a variety
of key words and found that sucker! The page won't
open because he's over his "band width". But I clicked on
the cache link and this is the text from the home page.
(Don't bust a vein!)

Quote:
Friends and fellow countrymen, it's time to set the record straight. "General" George Washington is no war-hero.
He’s resting his entire campaign on his so-called heroics in the Revolutionary War, and his famous Delaware River crossing.

His campaign wagons about a handful of Revolutionary veterans throughout the 13 States, and trots them out at public appearances to sing his praises. George Washington wants us to believe that these men represent all those he calls his "rowboat band of brothers."

But if you bother to ask his boat mates, they’ll tell you. The truth is, the man is unfit for command, and as president he would quite literally leave our young nation up the creek, without a paddle.

Speaking of “no paddles”, look closely at this famous picture of a paddle-free G.W. relaxing while his comrades do all the rowing.

Rowboat Vets for Truth is here to share the real story, to correct the misleading use of our images, against our will, in paintings, woodcuts and pamphlets across the colonies.

The Rowboat Vets for Truth will counter the outrageous claims made by Mr. Washington and the liberal printing presses in Boston and Philadelphia.

We speak from personal experience - our group includes men who served beside Washington in combat against unarmed Germans on Christmas night, 1776. Though we come from different backgrounds, shoe menders, haberdashers, stable boys, candle holders to the wealthy. etc., and hold varying political opinions, we agree on one thing: George Washington lacks the potential to lead.

We regret the need to do this. Well, sorta. For a long time, most Revolutionary veterans kept silent. However, now that a key creator of that poisonous image is seeking the Presidency we have resolved to end our silence.
It's time to set the record straight.

Here is the URL, maybe someone can sink his boat if the site ever
comes back up? Wink

http://www.rowboatvets.com/intro.htm

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, someone needs to fisk this. May as well be me.

Quote:
Friends and fellow countrymen, it's time to set the record straight. "General" George Washington is no war-hero.

Well, yes he is. Unlike some others who would lay claim to that distinction.

Quote:
He’s resting his entire campaign on his so-called heroics in the Revolutionary War, and his famous Delaware River crossing.

Actually, he made several crossings. And he was in combat for EIGHT years. But that's another story.

Quote:
His campaign wagons about a handful...

250 is more than a handful

Quote:
of Revolutionary veterans throughout the 13 States,

Colonies. There were no states until 1787. And no, actually, the men were almost exlusively from Marblehead, Massachuesetts.

Quote:
...and trots them out at public appearances to sing his praises

Among those that crossed the Delaware with Washington that night were James Monroe, James Madison, Aaron Burr, Alexander Hamilton, and John Marshal. Of interest, in the famous painting is a black man pulling a paddle, Prince Whipple. While there were a number of black men who were in the 14th Continental Regiment, there were none in this particular battle. Prince Whipple was in Baltimore at the time the battle occurred, and could not have been in the same boat as Washington.

Quote:
George Washington wants us to believe that these men represent all those he calls his "rowboat band of brothers."

They were NOT rowboats, they were Durham boats. They averaged sixty feet in length, with a beam of eight feet. One boat could hold an entire regiment. Pointed at both ends, the boats were propelled downstream by eighteen-foot oars and upstream by poles.

Quote:
But if you bother to ask his boat mates, they’ll tell you. The truth is, the man is unfit for command, and as president he would quite literally leave our young nation up the creek, without a paddle.

Cute rhetoric, but how exactly is he unfit?

Quote:
Speaking of “no paddles”, look closely at this famous picture of a paddle-free G.W. relaxing while his comrades do all the rowing.

That picture was painted 75 years AFTER the battle and has a number of inconsistencies, not the least of which is that an 18-foot oar can hardly be construed as a "paddle", it wasn't dawn, the crossing was made in the dead of night, between midnight and 3:00 AM. The Morning Star could NOT be visible, it was pitch black and a driving snowstorm. There are other errors, but those are left as an exercise for the student.

Quote:
Rowboat Vets for Truth is here to share the real story, to correct the misleading use of our images, against our will, in paintings, woodcuts and pamphlets across the colonies

States, now. Do let's strive for SOME accuracy.

Quote:
The Rowboat Vets for Truth will counter the outrageous claims made by Mr. Washington and the liberal printing presses in Boston and Philadelphia

Some things never change...

Quote:
We speak from personal experience - our group includes men who served beside Washington in combat against unarmed Germans

You conveniently forget the English. And they weren't unarmed, they were asleep. It was a surprise attack. Duh!

Quote:
...on Christmas night, 1776. Though we come from different backgrounds, shoe menders, haberdashers, stable boys, candle holders to the wealthy. etc.,

No, sorry. The 14th Continental Regiment (also known as Clover's Marblehead Mariners) were fishermen and sailors. Nary a candlemaker in the lot.

Quote:
...and hold varying political opinions.

Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. How... radical!

Quote:
...we agree on one thing: George Washington lacks the potential to lead.

The truth is that General Washington led 2500 men across the ice-choked river in a snow storm to kill 100 English and Hessians, take over 950 prisoners, and NOT ONE US SOLDIER WAS KILLED in the action. Two men did die later, from exposure. If that isn't leadership, what is?

Quote:
We regret the need to do this. Well, sorta. For a long time, most Revolutionary veterans kept silent. However, now that a key creator of that poisonous image is seeking the Presidency we have resolved to end our silence.

It's time to set the record straight.

You could start by reading some history, instead of looking at a romantic painting which the kindest critics style "Romantic", others simply say it's a lie.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: OUTRAGEOUS Hollywood Emmy Spoof Reply with quote

fanningp wrote:
...of swiftboat ads.....I just had to switch the telecast off after that.

Just couldn't stomach it anymore.

I thought it was in very poor taste as well.

Last edited by Sun Tzu on Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said cipher
Wink
curtis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the crowd that gives Michael Moore awards, and calls F911 a "documentary". How can anyone be surprised they would mock vietnam veterans who dare to question Superhero Kerry's glorious military service?

These people might as well be aliens from another galaxy for what they know of what most Americans care about.

Curtis
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the Daily Show Crew from John Stewart...They gave him two Emmies because they agree with his pollute-itics.

There have been 5 adds on 4 different topics, but they still are shocked and in horror about the first ad.

It is fairly shocking they would mock the eye witness testimony and opinions of veterans.

Stewart in another segments said people were complaining that Kerry was not wounded enough. I doubt this will help Kerry, and it will likely backfire into them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: