SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tonight's Debate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike his "Christmas in Cambodia", which is "seared into his memory", those words went in one ear and out the other. Rolling Eyes
rekcutt
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: debate 3 Reply with quote

In tonights debate - I believe Bush won Ohio, and with that, the election.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: Kerry's remark; about Cheney's daughter
He just doesn't get it.
Kerry is a heel.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that the lesbian remark was the straw that broke the camel's back. Of course, Kerry was trying to show that W is a hypocrite. It shows me that W is compassionate. Kerry hung himself, it's over.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God the debates are over. Personally, I believe two debates are enought. D-3 was only a re-hash of the previous ones.
John Kerry was his usual self with over-kill BS stats & numbers and again promised a plan on each issue with some fraile outline of a plan. Phooey!
The President, however, did not provide anything new, but he gave a better insight on his humor, his religious beliefs and the way he looks at life in general. Great move there, Mr. President.
To summary, each played it safe as not to blunder.

What really ticks me off is the moronic news media that was so dissapointed that the third debate was not a three ring circus event.
They did try hard to create an atmosphere that the champion of this debate is a winner take all situation. What a bunch of crap!
Most probably 95% of folks have already made up their minds who they will vote for and the other diversed 5% may not matter.
I just really dislike the pre and post-debate rants by the media.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that really stuck out to me, and I haven't seen any commments on was Kerry's convoluted claim:

Quote:
But more importantly, with respect to the question of no record, I helped write -- I did write -- I was one of the original authors of the early childhood health care and the expansion of health care that we did in the middle of the 1990s. And I'm very proud of that. So the President's wrong

BUT.....

Quote:
In June Of 1996 Campaign, Kerry Falsely Claimed He Had Introduced Legislation On Children’s Health Coverage. ‘“I introduced yesterday in the United States Senate a bill to give 10 million kids in the United States of America health care with a voluntary subsidy program.’ It was stirring campaign rhetoric, with just one problem: It wasn’t true. Kerry had not introduced a bill …” (Michael Grunwald, “Kerry Files Health Bill After 3-Month Delay,” The Boston Globe, 10/2/96)

More Than Three Months Later, Kerry “Finally Introduced A Bill After [The Boston] Globe Inquired About It,” And After Airing TV Spots Taking Credit For Plan. “Kerry finally introduced a bill after the Globe inquired about it. He had already aired television ads hailing his fight for a ‘new plan that provides health coverage for all of America’s children.’” (Michael Grunwald, “Kerry Files Health Bill After 3-Month Delay,” The Boston Globe, 10/2/96)

Kerry Filed Children’s Health Bill “Just A Month Before” Close Election, After Ted Kennedy “Stepped In” And “Helped Kerry” Write It. “Kerry’s legislative record left him vulnerable when [then-Governor William] Weld, the popular Republican governor, came calling for Kerry’s Senate seat in 1996. … As Election Day neared, some polls had Weld closing on his opponent. … Ted Kennedy, too, stepped in. The senior senator co-wrote legislation with Kerry to ensure that all children were covered by health insurance, a program to be financed by a cigarette tax. Kennedy’s staff helped Kerry draft the bill and gave it to him to file just a month before the election.” (John Aloysius Farrell, “At The Center Of Power, Seeking The Summit,” The Boston Globe, 6/21/03)

After Kerry Was Re-Elected In 1996, Kennedy “Did The Heavy Lifting” To Pass Children’s Health Insurance Bill. “At his victory party on election night, Kerry proclaimed, ‘We made this a race about health care for poor children, and when we finish, the Kerry-Kennedy health care bill for children will provide all children in America with health care!’ But with the election over, it was Kennedy who did the heavy lifting on the child insurance bill: finding a Republican cosponsor in Utah Senator Orrin Hatch; raising money to run ads to battle the tobacco lobby; and going to war with Republican Senate leaders and the Clinton White House, when necessary, to win passage of a $24 billion health care program for uninsured children.” (John Aloysius Farrell, “At The Center Of Power, Seeking The Summit,” The Boston Globe, 6/21/03)

In 2004, Kerry Tried To Claim Credit For Children’s Health Bill, But “Sources In Both Parties Say He Did Not Play A Significant Role In Passing The Final … Law.” KERRY: “We did child care, five million children have health insurance in this country.” ABC’s LINDA DOUGLASS: “Kerry did introduce an early bill but sources in both parties say he did not play a significant role in passing the final child health care law. Scholars who study the Congress say Kerry is not known for passing many laws.” (ABC’s “World News Tonight,” 1/30/04)

Found above at
http://www.georgewbush.com/HealthCare/read.aspx?ID=2608

Didn't see any reference to this matter in the post debate 'fact check'.

One thing I found very heartening was that the OIM seemed pretty depressed after the debate. That's a good thing.

Another chuckler was when Kerry stated that he was a Catholic, but disagreed with their views.

All in all, the outcome was better than the Sox-Yanks. Sad
shooter
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's comment about Cheney's daughter - just like Edwards comment - was the most reprehensible thing to do. When Edwards made his comment, during the VP debate, I thought, "YOU S.O.B.!!!" After this debate, all the dems concluded that Cheney's daughter is "fair game" ! Evil or Very Mad

Once again, they have proven themselves to be at the highest level of hypocracy. You can't say anything about them, no matter how true it is, but they can use any smear tactic, inuendo and outright lie on their opponents. ugh!!! Evil or Very Mad

W. is absolutely right: EDUCATION over INDOCTRINATION

May the Kerry Edwards campaign be infected with the fleas of a thousand camels !!! Twisted Evil

For those that fought for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know !!

Harley Davidson - If you have to ask, you don't understand !

Gun Control = Double tap - center mass
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Cheney's daughter didn't go to an international film festival and exhibit herself like a tramp with a see-through dress. Mentioning that would have been a low blow, and the MSM and the Liberals would have demanded impeachment. Kerry continues to be the lead spokesman for hypocrites, back-stabbers, and the rest of the dregs of society. I cannot understand how so many otherwise good people can stay in the same party with those people leading them.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWS: I have been thinking about your post, and I got to asking myself if I would rather my daughter be a straight, exhibitionist, slut--or a gay woman, in a serious committed relationship, who respected herself?

Of course, what I *want* is for my children to be decent, moral, caring individuals...but Kerry's comment, in light of his daughter's behavior really begs the question.

ZAC'S MOM: Ditto to what you wrote. My parents have both passed away in the last two years, and I took care of both of them before they went Home. I found that comment of Kerry's bizarre, and also felt it rang either false or--eerie. I can tell you that I was holding my mother's hand when she went Home, and our last words were of our love for each other. I am grateful that my mother did not find my character so lacking that she felt it necessary to lecture me on her death bed. I would have been very ashamed. The last days of her life, and of my father's, were spent telling each other how much we loved and appreciated one another, and my parents both told me how proud they were of me, and how much they had always delighted in me. It was deeply sad and also deeply wonderful. My legacy:not riches, not real estate--but simply the love and approval of my decent and loving parents. All of which is meant to say that I found Kerry's comment truly odd.

So Kerry is either lying outright to make some sort of *point* about integrity, or about Bush not having any (does he imagine we believe Barbara Bush told her son to lie?) or it is true, in which case the man is so blinded by his own ignominy he does not realize all mothers everywhere are startled by the idea that Kerry's mother found her own son's character so lacking she had to issue what sounds like a scolding from her death bed.

Kerry is pathological. First he talks about his dad telling him he was "sophmoric", now he is talking about his mother's death bed scolding over his lack of integrity. I guess his parents knew their own son, eh?

Sheesh. He would pathetic if he weren't so despicable.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always heard that money can't buy class.
It must be true, if a cool billion can't buy any class whatsoever.

What kind of school is a Swiss boarding school, anyway? Do they eat with their hands and spit on the floor there?
For someone who's supposed to be so intellectual, sophisticated, worldly, diplomatic, blah blah blah---he sure comes across ruder and more ignorant than the cowboy.
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Kerry was trying to tell us what Cheney's daughter thought about herself. How would he know???
Reminded me of the story of Edwards channeling to the baby in the lawsuit.

These guys think they're omniscent (sp??) - that they know what everyone else is thinking.

He was asked what he believes. He should have stated his belief.... Bush was honest, "I don't know" and then he deliberately said, I think your intent in asking is about..., so I'll use my time to explain my position....

Kerry deflected the question (again...)
He couldn't even answer about his wife and daughters in a strait forward way....

Kerry's reference to his Mom, was trying to invoke sympathy that she was dead and that she supported his running for President. (I will refrain from asking if she's still registered to vote?)
digger48
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone notice that, when speaking of Mary Cheney, Kerry acted as if the word "lesbian" was a dirty word? He hesitated a second before he said it, and hurredly tried to cover his tracks.

I also thought it was inappropriate for him to keep using the term "gut". Doesn't seem Presidential.

I know this is nit-picking, but I already despise the guy for the obvious reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: