SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystery Surrounds Kerry's Navy Discharge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI

WABC radio & Steve Malzberg 1:50am eastern

Is talking about Lipscomb's article & Kerry's Possible Dishonorable Discharge Exclamation

Laughing NAVY CHIEF & TEAM......... Laughing You're the cat's meow Wink
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malzberg is really ripping Kerry good for this, read the entire article on air! Doing a great job!

Said he is having Thomas Lipscomb on his show Sunday 10am.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to Malzberg, emailed him along with dozens of others, maybe some of the cautious will come out of the closet. I am never up to hear him and will be gone Sunday. Please remember to fill us in. Been praying constantly for this. This should make it to News Max via Malzberg.
xracer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: New York Sun front page Reply with quote

I checked the front page this morning and didn't see anything unusual. Did I miss something?
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were referring to another day go to page one on the thread for understanding.
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that if this is pushed too hard it can backfire and drive voters into Kerry's camp wanting to get away from the "mean and nasty right wing conspirators".

The thing is that the story is out there now. If it grows legs on its own then it will be cause substantial damage.
But, considering how much Kerry has been given a pass on already by the "anybody but Bush nuts" there is no guarantee that this will sway anyone since until the charge is refuted by Kerry signing a form 180, it is all appears to be just unsubstantiated charges.

Maybe -- someone could put a camera in front of Jimmy Carter and ask him if he fixed Kerry's discharge papers. Yeah -- fat chance!

Proceed with caution.
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make sure I don't miss this... Thomas Lipscomb will be on the radio on Sunday at 1000 am EST?

Does anyone have a link to the site?

Admin note: Please check our "Media Events" topic at the top of our forum. Thanks
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KWJams wrote:
The problem is that if this is pushed too hard it can backfire and drive voters into Kerry's camp wanting to get away from the "mean and nasty right wing conspirators".

The thing is that the story is out there now. If it grows legs on its own then it will be cause substantial damage.
But, considering how much Kerry has been given a pass on already by the "anybody but Bush nuts" there is no guarantee that this will sway anyone since until the charge is refuted by Kerry signing a form 180, it is all appears to be just unsubstantiated charges.

Maybe -- someone could put a camera in front of Jimmy Carter and ask him if he fixed Kerry's discharge papers. Yeah -- fat chance!

Proceed with caution.

What you want to do is find out WHY Kerry's medals were RE-ISSUED on 4 June 1985. They can only be re-issued if they were taken away.

The answer lies there.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drjohn wrote:
KWJams wrote:

Proceed with caution.

What you want to do is find out WHY Kerry's medals were RE-ISSUED on 4 June 1985. They can only be re-issued if they were taken away.

The answer lies there.

True that’s the answer you want, but I wouldn’t be worried about pressing to hard. Never fear in battle, stay on the offensive always press home your attacks. We know our enemy and we know ourselves, we should not be fearing that Kerry will get a free pass, because he will regardless. The MSM has already decided that they are not going to come clean on the facts.

No I say we should be pressing home the attacks on Kerry from all directions. Regardless of what he/they say we know what the real truth is and we need to keep beating him over the head with it. He and his campaign remind me of Japan at the end of the war, they were losing every battle they fought but they would not admit to defeat until we dropped two atomic bombs on them. Kerry and his campaign will be the same way they are too stupid to know when to call it quits. So we’ll just have to pound on them until we have VK Day Very Happy
KWJams
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why I mentioned that maybe someone should ask Carter in front of a camera what he recalls about any public record of him restoring Kerry's security status and fixing his discharge records -- it would also be interesting to find out who made the request to Carter.... Senator Kennedy perhaps?

When a frontal assault fails -- we need to flank them.

Time to start looking at Carter's records when in office.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of people out there that can still be swayed.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Carter has been annointed a Saint among the MSM.
He was just a rich peanut farmer when elected, now he is untouchable.
Remember the Mad Bunny incident?
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any veteran can request a replacement set of medals that he/she is authorized. The procedure varies from service to service. The NRPC web site at http://www.archives.gov/facilities/mo/st_louis/military_personnel_records/awards_and_decorations.html

This process only replaces medals, not the certificates accompanying them. It also takes a while (been waiting over a year for the US Air Force to send my mom my late father's AF decorations.)

It seems to me that a politician just might want to hang medals and certificates on his office wall. If these certificates were signed by a high official - such as the Secretary of the Navy - so much the better.

My guess is that the following happened:

After settling in in his new Senate office in early 1985, Senator Kerry decided to put his medals on the wall - and either couldn't locate the original certificates for his medals or decided they weren't signed by anyone "high enough" to hang on his wall. Kerry was doubtless in a hurry to get these up on his wall to impressvisitors. He requested that the Navy, as a courtesy to a sitting Senator, reissue him replacement certificates for same signed by the SecNav. The Navy, not wanting to piss off a US Senator, complied. If Kerry sent over a copy of his DD214 releasing him from active duty in 1970, I'd further guess that no one even brought this to Lehman's attention and that it was handled by someone in the SecNav's office using an autopen.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo, while your explanation sounds feasible there a couple problems with that.
There are three different versions of the Silver Star Citation, how many times did Kerry need to have it re-issued?
Also, when I was stuck as clerk for a bit I typed up many a reccomendation for Awards, the reccomendation is a part of the Official Record and is the Template for the Citation itself, as well as provides signature blocks for the person reccomending the Award and those who approve it. There would be no need to reword the Citation in a re-issue.
The fact that Kerry had three different Citations for the same Award is very curious to say the least.
You are correct about the Medals though, these can be re-issued by the Various Services by filling out a form. I have been looking into it myself having lost a couple of mine along the way ("Lowest Bid" Government Movers are not always that good at keeping track of things)
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMalloy wrote:
Jimmy Carter has been annointed a Saint among the MSM.
He was just a rich peanut farmer when elected, now he is untouchable.
Remember the Mad Bunny incident?

If you saw the movie "Being There", with Peter Sellers, then you know how I see Jimmy Carter. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 13 of 30

Jump to: