SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - Nightline - Post Comments HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sround
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,

Part I (the story) and part II (the interview w/ O'Neil) has just been posted
in mp3 Audio format in this section. Laughing

Mission Accomplished!!
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, ABCNews has chosen to believe a small band of elderly communists rather than the words of decorated American heroes.

To HELL with ABCNews. This is just the trolls doing Halperin's bidding.

This is the only reasonable response to such utter tripe, such ephemeralia. The peasants are going to remember a specific date, are they; and never mind that they're no longer simple South Vietnamese peasants but either communists or victims of communism. And Nightline would rather have their take on the matter than the Swifties'. This may be a more egregious escapade than Rathergate. Wonder how the show's sponsors feel about it.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround wrote:
Folks,

Part I (the story) and part II (the interview w/ O'Neil) has just been posted
in mp3 Audio format in this section. Laughing

Sround, you always come through, thanks!
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG O'Neill just devastated Koppal.... he put him right into the Dan Rather world of credibility.

Just tossed Koppal around like a rag doll.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just finished here. WOW, that John O'Neill is incredible!!!!

The thing I can really nail on is them saying that someone claiming to be a Swift Vet had been there previously, but, they didn't know who it was. They say this, right after they make it very clear how difficult it is to get into that Country, all the red tape involved, etc. etc. HOW DUMB!!!

That being the case, it should be very easy to find out who went there before them....DUH. And, I kinda BET someone will and in no short order. Someone able to research that will do so and at least one truth will be known.

I doubt if it is Kerry personally, but I would not doubt it be one of his minions.
wovenhearts
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: thank you for posting this link to John O'Neill's interview Reply with quote

I couldn't stomach watching this slanted report, so appreciated listening to John O'Neill's interview through the posting on this site. He was absolutely amazing, and totally put Ted Koppel away!

Thank you John!!! You truly deserve a medal for bravery and courage in the line of fire!!!!

I absolute have to donate again to this great cause. We CANNOT let John Kerry be the Commander in Chief of our great armed forces.

I repeat, John O'Neil, you were fantastic tonight. Ted Koppel was put in his place. I still can't believe that the main stream media won't fairly investigate the Swift Vet talking points . . . and that they don't demand that John Kerry release all of his records.
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.

I half expected to see the SVPT to take one on the chin from some of the posts I read. I'm on the left coast, so I just saw it.

IMO, O'Neill blew Koppel and this story out of the water, citing multiple versions of Kerry's own description of the events. Koppel then glosses over the fact that Kerry's own version of the story back-up the O'Neill's claims.

Now, I don't expect the Kool-Aid drinkers to even hear that Kerry's version of the events of the day and the events described by the villagers are at complete odds with one another, but anyone looking objectively at their story has got to question their findings.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's version differs from Kerry's version, which differ's from Kerry's version. The man will never be lonely. He always has another side of himself to talk to.
igor
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several images of the tomb posted by cgk are available at http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1245251/posts?q=1&&page=415#415

Quote:

One of the images of the tomb

The date is 12.1.1969

Last edited by igor on Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote:
Our cameras mean more than your documents...we can't read them! said Alfred E. Newman.

I love you John and you certainly held your cool but holding up doc's didn't work.
In my couldawouldashoulda: Ted, either your describing a different incident or your wrong.

I have to humbly disagree with you - I think John accounted for himself extremely well - toe to toe with Koppel - one of, if not the highest, MSM darling...that said, there was pressure. John was consistent and firm and, in my viewing, Koppel never answered or disproved John's primary contention - that their report conflicted with Kerry's own biographies! All Koppel could do was try to belittle John - which made Koppel look petty and unprofessional. Sure John was stern - but he's military - he's supposed to be (I'm thinking about the audience perception). Koppel was visibly flustered by the end and could only try to "ridicule" John, which again flopped...So what if John wasn't slick - that makes him that much more believable and, in this situation, appealing, IMHO.

Either Kerry was lying or the former VC were lying and Koppel didn't want to admit to either one...in fact he "concluded" - imagine if we'd "concealed" what we'd learned, how Kerry's supporters would have howled (notice he showed no such concern for the President's supporters for mishandling facts or rushing stories to the air (don't these bozos learn anything from each other?) - as if they'd really learned something! The absurdity of it for any objective watcher is that Koppel and his gang of buddies proved nothing and yet concluded that they had something that they shouldn't "conceal." huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh! (sucking sound) - you have something juicy that you shouldn't conceal?

What?

He never answered that question...nor proved any of Nightline's specious theories. Way to go John...Sure he could be more polished...but then he'd be more like Kerry and less like the John O'Neil that we know and love...way to go John...

IMHO - the SBVT just went up about a dozen notches...

The MSM is on thin ice and they don't know how to get off of it...how to regain their once taken for granted place of power...they hate it and they're resorting to, IMHO, desperation...I'm actually enjoying it if it weren't for such a close election and so much wasn't at stake (which are two huge mitigating factors to keep down my jubilance.)

Don't forget:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Nightline/Vote2004/story?id=166434&page=1
"The canals lead to Tran Thoi village, the coordinates of which are publicly available in the U.S. military's after-action report on the 1969 battle. The Vietnamese government initially rejected Nightline's request to visit the village, saying they did not want to somehow influence the U.S. presidential election. Once Nightline explained that the intention was to simply find out what the Vietnamese people remember and think of what happened there, permission was granted."

That is why we cannot trust the MSM...that and that they pursued this story to begin with...However it turned out beautifully for John and he actually got the book cover out to millions more that have probably not seen it and who've certainly not heard his reasonable comments (even though repeated - but, as I say, who cares - it makes him believable - Joe Sixpack can say - wow, that could be me there talking to Ted Darling the Liar and Capitulator...)

Anyone else find it amazing that Koppel felt the need to justify this to his own editors and retell that story to us? They are certainly on the defensive like at no time in recent memory...if for no other reason than that - this loooooooooong election cycle has been worth it - for the maturing of the new media and the challenging of the arrogant, biased, and prejudiced old MSM.

Send in your contributions...the Swifties are sailing into the Battleground states...Stolen Honor is coming to a Battleground state near you...

Last edited by sleeplessinseattle on Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wpage wrote:
O'neil did just what he should have done - just flat out showdicked Teddy!
I am very pleased. Just another nail in J Fng Kerry'scoffin. Can you imagine adding devil horns to the photo of Kerry on UFC? Wow thats scary. What a likeness.

We shall prevail!

I agree and I think this exposed the Swifties and POWs to many more people, which in and of itself is good...it was important that John hold his own and he more than did that...I think more curious people will go out and buy UFC and explore for themselves...hoping, hoping...

Contribute more the to Swifties - on to the Battleground states...

Sleepless
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you have seen this yet, but Jean-Andre Sauvageot served as the inpreter during the MIA/POW hearings. Here is a link to some testimony

http://www.aiipowmia.com/testimony/mortician1.html
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sround wrote:
Ted kept up the same rant: why would peasants make something up?
I don't know, perhap$ a few hundred or thou$and rea$on$ can be found...

Rolling Eyes

Ju$t a few more bottle$ of cat$up...that'$ all... Twisted Evil
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locally here on ABC they are repeating the Nightline episode on "Vote 2004", but it appears they arent going to show the interview with John O'Neill afterward. They are showing the entire show, except the O'Neill segment afterwards....unbelievable.

Commentator then says "When seeing these things in 30 second ads, its nice to see it explored more"
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ranch hand wrote:
Kopple did not check out the story. He put it on the air as soon as he could.

Koppel=Rather=Brokah=Jennings=Aaron Brown=Soros=McCauliffe=Kerry

They don't care - they'll do ANYTHING to elect Jaques Kerrie...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 11 of 33

Jump to: