SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE LEANING TOWER OF O'REILLY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gunbunny69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: THE LEANING TOWER OF O'REILLY Reply with quote

Is it just me, or does Mr. "O" seem to be waivering more on his views? He seems to be overly passive on hard issues and elusive in his political commitment... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Khe Sanh (LZ Ross) 1969
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: bor Reply with quote

Well, tonight in his first comment to Ann Colter, he said I never had a teacher that looked as good you or like you, and seemed to catch himself. I think it's on a post here to listen too. Opps Mr. Bill Embarassed
JimRobson
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His interview with Ann Coulter this evening was dripping with sexism and sexist innuendo.

He is an @$$hole.

http://www.thewebplace.com/
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JimRobson wrote:
His interview with Ann Coulter this evening was dripping with sexism and sexist innuendo.

He is an @$$hole.

Guess he's just going out with a bang. He's toast if there are tapes backing up that lawsuit against him. Then again, it didn't seem to hurt Billy Boy Smile.

The Hannity factor anyone?

Kurt

PS Now about Ann. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Last edited by kman on Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:37 am; edited 3 times in total
gunbunny69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right. With Sean Hannity there is no guesswork. You know precisely where he stands - and I'm right beside him!!!

Khe Sanh (LZ Ross) 1969
J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of how a trial or settlement turns out. If the girl has tapes of all that was alleged in the suit, O'Reilly should be forced to reimburse anyone who paid for a book, paid for his premium internet service or any other schlock he was peddling.

He wasn't what he was professing to be!

"Looking out for you" ????

How about a class action on top of the harassment suit?
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on. It takes TWO to tango. This is all just nonsense lawsuit designed to destroy someone's reputation. Somebody out there is trying to destroy FNC.

The girl asked $60 million dollars. The world should be eliminated from greedy lawyers.

Although I don't really like BOR, I support him in this matter. This attack is so vicious!!!
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks the intent here is to take out a leg of Fox...whom many truly hate. This is their October surprise.

If by all accounts everything is true....she should have mentioned something to FOX management....they would have given him a warning....and it would all be over.

He never touched her. I want to know what the harm was? That she was offended? I was offended by a coworker that used to hack and spit into his trash can all day....I did not sue him.

I suppose if you totally emasculated men in the workforce they might not observe someone is pretty. (That is in response to Ann Coulter comment posted above).

If everything is true....its about an apology....its about working together. It not about a 60 Million dollar lawsuit.

This is a dirty trick....and October has more to go.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox can get Tony Snow or Laura Ingraham. O'Reilly is an *******.
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeshero wrote:
Come on. It takes TWO to tango. This is all just nonsense lawsuit designed to destroy someone's reputation. Somebody out there is trying to destroy FNC.

The girl asked $60 million dollars. The world should be eliminated from greedy lawyers.

Although I don't really like BOR, I support him in this matter. This attack is so vicious!!!

It's especially vicious if it's true and it may take two to tango but in sexual harassment and assault one party is the victim and the other the perpetrator. I have never seen egO'Reilly with a woman that was attractive when he didn't ooze green slime all over them. What was the comment about Ann Coulter's "little mini skirt" about. I think he's a pig toward women...doesn't make him guilty as charged though, that's for others to decide. I won't be joining anyone in smearing this woman since she's a possible victim and no one knows this yet. I'm here to find and share information on John Kerry and how to keep him from being elected President.

Nothing personal...just my thoughts.
TexasPat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's especially vicious if it's true and it may take two to tango but in sexual harassment and assault one party is the victim and the other the perpetrator. I have never seen egO'Reilly with a woman that was attractive when he didn't ooze green slime all over them. What was the comment about Ann Coulter's "little mini skirt" about. I think he's a pig toward women...doesn't make him guilty as charged though, that's for others to decide. I won't be joining anyone in smearing this woman since she's a possible victim and no one knows this yet. I'm here to find and share information on John Kerry and how to keep him from being elected President.

This woman is no victim. She quit Fox to go to CNN; then, lo, she decides she wants to go back to Fox, supposedly on the condition that Bill will not "talk dirty" to her on the phone anymore.

Now it looks like she has tapes of Bill being boorish, and showing Bill to be at the VERY least as dumb as a post. Where was he during the Clinton scandals, with taped conversations all over the place? Did she tape him before she went to CNN? Or after she got back to Fox? On whose suggestion?

This woman seems not to have approached Bill's superiors at FNC with her complaints. Not liking Bill O'Reilly, for good cause mostly, is no reason to not give FNC the benefit of doubt that had they been alerted to possible sexual harrassment, they would have taken serious action to stop it in its tracks. So this quacks like a duck. It looks an awful lot like a set up. A cool $60 million for the babe and her lawyers, a damaged reputation for O'Reilly, and a bit of a blackeye for Fox. A CNN daydream.

Had this been a genuine case of sexual harrassment, the woman should have gone first to FNC superiors, then to the proper authorities if nothing was done to stop it. Instead she got herself a lawyer or two and they tried to shake down both Bill and Fox --- for an incredible and outrageous $60 million. Oh, no, no, no, no, no....

No matter what Bill may or may not have done, or whether he's an egotistical nitwit and a dirty old man, this was just plain old blackmail and nothing more. Bill and Fox should both be applauded for standing up to it and not letting them get away with it.

At least so far, Bill has not been accused of anything worse than seriously bad judgment with respect to a woman, but one who was a grown woman, and a professional, and should have been able to handle it with a slap across the face, or a word to the bosses, or finally a complaint filed by a district attorney. The fact that she went the blackmail route is what is most telling.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I thought was that this was fishy from the start. I won't repeat what has already been stated here, but I have a question.

Don't you first have to "exhaust your administrative remedies" before you file suit? Did she do this? Otherwise, she has no case.

But I don't doubt that this isn't just about O'Reilly, they also want to take out FOX.

Remember, had it not been for FOX giving the Swifties so much coverage, Kerry might have a lock on the election by now, and the public would know practically nothing about Kerry and his treasonous activities, just that he was a "war hero."

Even with FOX, not enough has been covered about Kerry by the MSM, but at least there is Sinclair! Laughing
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like O'Reilly or not, this business of harassment is a seperate issue form the man's occupation.
Will this be a "Kill Bill" situation as it will surely be in the news on a daily basis and O'Reilly's rep will be tried in the press. So much for innocent before being proven guilty.
My best guess is that it will be quietly be settled in privite and be forgotten. The other option is for O'Reilly to take it the distance and clear any clouds that may endanger his career.
I also saw Ann Coulter on O'Reilly's show last night and I liked when he first said that his guest was Ann Coulter and he never did quite understand her. I have seen and heard her many times and agree with O'Reilly as I'm not really sure exactly what she stands for either.
gunbunny69
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'reilly is arrogant, opinionated, and often wrong; but I personally find him innocent until proven otherwise. He's smart enough to know that an uncrossable line exists. This harassment crap, brought on by bleeding heart liberals, has been going beyond the margins of normalcy. When I was a young man I was your basic "stud muffin". I took a compliment as such and appreciated it. Father time, Mother nature, and home-cooked pasta has made the "Stud Muffin" into the "Pilsbury doughboy".

Khe Sanh (LZ Ross) 1969
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so this business of false sexual harassment charges has nothing to do with a person's occupation. It happens in all occupations, so, what's new? I don't care about her or him. It's like the Kobe deal. The accuser was screwed up and it probably wasn't rape. Well, Kobe is still a cheater ******* with no honor who doesn't deserve my support. The same goes for Bor. O'Reilly has been horrid in his job performance of covering the swiftvets and all the other veterans as well. He has done nada, zippo, zero for their side. He has done a lot for Kerry's side and the demos are going to suffer without Bor's secret help. So, I for one, don't give a rat's ass whether he is innocent or not. He has no honor, get rid of him. I am clueless of how anyone could support him. He's a phoney rat just like the woman who is after him. This isn't going to bring Fox down, they will be better off without him. Should we start a Bor Anonymous group for recovery or what. Get over him, he's not worth it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: