SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Frontline PBS Show on Kerry and Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwcarter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Frontline PBS Show on Kerry and Bush Reply with quote

I was aboard the USS Gridley in 1967-68 period when John Kerry was a boot Ensign. I just watched a portion of the Frontline covering that period and had to turn it off. They talked again about his visit to Danang on GRIDLEY, blah, blah, blah! I was part of the shore party, John Kerry was not and furthermore his two immediate superiors do not remember giving him permission to go ashore for any other reason.

They quoted his letter home about B-52 screaming overhead. The ceiling was very low that day, B-52's that came from Guam were at 35,000 ft by the time they got to Vietnam and could neither be seen or heard!

How can they continue to spout all these lies? I have written my comments on the lies of Tour of Duty as they pertain to his time on GRIDLEY, it can be seen at www.ussgridley.com on the Kerry Page.

Evil or Very Mad It is amazing how the MSM continues to push all this pap but goes nuts when a documentary is put on the air that tells the truth. It is just unbelievable.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that program also, made me wanta puke.

Heroic warrior. Thoughtful, noble war protestor. Kerry the hero blah, blah...

Bush was AWOL and a failed business man who survived by his fathers connections.

Why does my tax dollar pay for this?
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Why does PBS get away with it, and NPR for that matter? How is propaganda in the public interest? There should be some way to make them accountable for "documentaries" that falsify history, at least.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pwcarter, have you consideredcontacting PBS about this? Heck even any outlet at all, other than just here. Your eyewitness acount as well as any others from the Gridley should be heard. Would love to hear the Kerryites spin on it, "They were on the same boat but..." Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Thanks again for your Service, and the more Kerry Lies, and those of the media to aid him should be heard!
dcornutt
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You notice, they have people who are supportive of Kerry, to interview to speak about Kerry. But, they use people critical of Bush..to speak about Bush.

I'm quite sure, if Bush had his pick, he wouldn't have had the PBS frontline producer and Richard Clarke, Woodward..to speak for him.

They obviously only picked people to narrate Kerry's history that were supportive of him.
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about pwcarter and his site when watching the show.

Does anyone have a clue what can be done about PBS funding, shows, etc?
They are consistently as bad as CBS.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this program several times on PBS.

It's okay to show this but not STOLEN HONOR?

Beam me up Scotty.
Darkhorse18
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pw would there be a list of the personal assigned to the shore party?
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a response to this topic a few days ago, but I was really in no shape Mad to be typing at that moment!

Truth be known, I'm still not able to see the keyboard during these temper peeks Evil or Very Mad

However, I have managed to write my local PBS station about my concerns, and have expressed my intentions about ANY future contributions from myself, and my intent to seek others who see this epeisode as a "One-Sided-Attack" on George W. Bush.

The phone calls to the local station here also have recieved my opinions (along with others) that shed no doubt on where I stand on this attack.

The PBS Fronline link is here:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/

Just in case any of you would like to send your comments to them!

Have a great day,
Wind Walker Rolling Eyes
pwcarter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pw would there be a list of the personal assigned to the shore party?

No, it was the CO and most of the Operations Officers and Chiefs. I was the low man on the totem pool. Kerry was definitely not there. There would have been no need for the First Lieutenant to attend. I doubt he even had a Top Secret Clearance.

The party also included a couple of the crew who had brothers stationed in Danang. No Kerry there either.

The only place such a list might appear is the Deck Log.
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all forget who PBS and NPR are: Palestinian Broadcast Station and National Palestinian Radio. They have no interest in the truth. Just their POV. It's anybody but BUSH and JF-ingK is the last man standing for the DEMs. They know he is gargbage, but they rather choke down gargbage - like the participants of a Reality TV show choke down cockroaches - than even be partially objective about GW.

Thanks to the Internet and email the truth is being spread. We'll never change the minds of the Bush haters, but those that have a few brain cells left may take a look at SBVFT and POWFT and read UFC and see Stolen Honor and vote for GW.

The MSM has lost ALL credibility and the New Alternative Media [NAM] Laughing will rule the day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: