SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A challenge to Kerry and the MSM-prove this statement false!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
factman
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: A challenge to Kerry and the MSM-prove this statement false! Reply with quote

The following statement is entirely factual and extensively documented:

Lt.(jg) John Kerry, on October 14 an 15, 1969, while still a sworn commissioned officer in the United States Navy on active duty during a period of wartime, while fellow uniformed servicemen were engaged in intense hostilities in Vietnam, with many of them being wounded and killed, personally piloted protesters to rallies where they could give antiwar speeches. At the time, then Lt.(jg) John Kerry was serving as a personal aide to a Rear Admiral at the Brooklyn Navy Yard in New York.
Lt. John Kerry was not relieved from active duty status until January 1970, three months later.

It should give American voters, especially members of the armed services, past and present, a cozy feeling knowing that Senator John Kerry, a "possible" next commander-in-chief would exhibit the behavior and actions he did in October 1969, while still an active duty officer.

As a former Korean War infantry veteran I have my own thoughts on his behavior and actions, but I can't put them in print.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factman, thanks for pointing out this very relevant piece of information. It's been out there all along, but nobody has yet picked up on it.
Geano
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's one documentation to back up factman Smile

Supporting Factman!
By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff, 6/17/2003

Quote:
John Kerry returned from Vietnam in April 1969, having won early transfer out of the conflict because of his three Purple Hearts. He asked for a cushy assignment - service as an admiral's aide - and was given precisely that job in Brooklyn. Kerry had thought about running for public office long before he had gone to Vietnam. But when he returned from the war, he wasn't greeted as a hero, like the soldiers of his father's generation. Kerry found that being a veteran could be a drawback, especially in Eastern Massachusetts, where he hoped to run for the US House.
Quote:
"I just came back really concerned about it and upset about it and angry about it," Kerry said. "It took me a little while to decompress. I saw someone who said, `What happened to you? Your eyes are sunk way back in your head.' The tension and the trauma in your life took its toll."

When Kerry returned to the United States, the country's troop strength in Vietnam was at its height - 543,000. To that date, 33,400 Americans had been killed, and the number of protests was surging. But during this time, Kerry was still a naval officer and not publicly protesting the war.

It was his sister, Peggy, who was involved in the antiwar movement. One day in October 1969, Peggy Kerry was working in the New York office of a Vietnam War protest group that was planning a "moratorium" peace rally in Washington, which would draw 250,000 protesters one month later. A leader in the New York protest, Adam Walinsky, a former speechwriter for Robert F. Kennedy, said he needed a pilot and plane to take him around the state on Oct. 15. Did anyone know a pilot?

Peggy Kerry said she would provide such a volunteer: her brother.

John Kerry flew Walinsky around New York to deliver speeches against the war. Kerry did not wear his uniform and did not speak at the events, but the experience helped convince him that he wanted to become a public leader of the antiwar movement. On Jan. 3, 1970, Kerry requested that his superior, Rear Admiral Walter F. Schlech, Jr., grant him an early discharge so that he could run for Congress on an antiwar platform.
Quote:
"I just said to the admiral: `I've got to get out. I've got to go do what I came back here to do, which is, end this thing,'" Kerry recalled, referring to the war.
The request was approved, and Kerry was honorably discharged, which he said shaved six months from his commitment.

FSR
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note that the quote from Kranish's book states that Kerry was "honorably discharged," shaving six months off of his commitment. In light of other facts being reported that Kerry did not receive his honorable discharge until 1978, has Kranish been asked for proof of this earlier honorable discharge? Did Kranish base this conclusion on written records or is it another Kerry distortion?
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question - Is it that easy to get discharged? Do you just say I'm againgt the war and you can get an honorable discharge?

TIA
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Did the "flying dog" fly with them.? Reply with quote

? At the time he was a Lt. in "active" duty and flying this guy around

who paid for the plane the gas, the landing fees, there may be records

at the air fields and or som records in the FAA or somethin.

? Was Kerry a member of "the Bar" at the time. Would any thing

he did at that time be aginst the "bar code" (or lack of it) I digress.

Who flew on the plane with them?,

Did Kerry throw the dog VC out of the plane to show how the dog

could fly?

Should we buy the rest of the MSM boots, as Dan Blather has them

"needs them the worst", but as time goes on more and more of them

step in %^&t and it gets deeper and deeper.

HOW ABOUT THIS %*&T ALERT

LEVEL RED.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: