SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japan Ruling Party Executive Slams Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmyMedicsMom
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Japan Ruling Party Executive Slams Kerry Reply with quote

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=167768

Oct. 15, 2004 — TOKYO (Reuters) - The No. 2 official in Japan's ruling party sharply criticized U.S. Democratic challenger John Kerry's North Korea policy on Friday and said he hoped President Bush would be re-elected, media said.

The comments come a day after Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi made remarks that appeared to suggest he would prefer to see Bush win the Nov. 2 U.S. presidential election.

"I think there would be trouble if it's not President Bush," Liberal Democratic Party Secretary General Tsutomu Takebe told a radio program, Kyodo news agency reported.

"For instance, Mr. Kerry wants to handle the North Korean issue bilaterally, which is out of the question. We're now in the era of multilateralism," Takebe was quoted as saying, referring to six-way talks involving North and South Korea, Japan, the United States, China and Russia over the North's nuclear ambitions.

Bush has ruled out bilateral talks with reclusive communist Pyongyang, but Kerry has said this could be possible.

Asked by reporters about the U.S. election, Koizumi said on Thursday: "I am very close to President Bush. So I want him to do his best."

Japan's opposition parties attacked Koizumi for his comments, which they said constituted interference in the internal politics of another country.

The prime minister has not only forged warm personal ties with Bush, but was quick to support the U.S.-led war in Iraq and sent non-combat troops to help rebuild the country despite opposition from the majority of Japanese voters.

Koizumi sought to calm the fuss on Friday.

"Because the Japan-U.S. relationship is vital, no matter who becomes the president, I think we will maintain and develop our alliance," he said.

Many ordinary Japanese, however, prefer Kerry.

A poll published by the liberal Asahi Shimbun daily on Friday showed 51 percent of respondents wanted the Massachusetts senator to win, while 30 percent favored the incumbent president.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who would want to dismantel those talks either does'nt understand our enemies, or is a complete fool!
In kerrys case both hold true, his handlers knew he would say that in the debates. Is that a scary thought or what?

( I'm Blue9t3, I approve of this message---unless its wrong, if so then I approve of it's content. I have enough wood)
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote a McDonald's ad, "I'm Loving It!"

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: