SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill - a true hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: John O'Neill - a true hero Reply with quote

I haven't yet seen it commented upon here, but the Ted Koppel interview with O'Neill on 'Nightline' has been reproduced by the Swifties here:

http://swift4.he.net/~swift4/staticpages/index.php?page=Nightline

O'Neill acquitted himself magnificently against Koppel in the discussion about 'Nightline's heroic trip to Vietnam to find the 'truth' about Kerry's silver star. They found what they wanted from 'witnesses' who were closely monitored by communist minders.

Schadow
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bet!
What took so long? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did Koppel send a crew in? 33 years later? And who there after 33 years is going to remember JK? To them all Americans looked alike in their helmets. And how were they so sure they spoke to the original villagers from that time? For all accounts they may be dead. Kopel is reaching and is not to be trusted as he is part of the MSM putting a spin on anything and everything.

JK is a treasonous traitor and should be prosecuted. JK and Koppel need to shut up.

O'Neill is a man to be respected and would never compromise our country or his own integrity.

The Swifties have nothing to gain, like some would have us believe. Swifties is a group of men who are Vets and decorated war hereos that truly deserve out admiration and respect. These men risked being ridiculed and being called liars so we can know the truth about a traitor, JK, so we will not elect a man who sold out a generation of Viet Nam Vets and our country.

JK has blood on his hands and may God forgive him, because I find it very hard to. Twisted Evil
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
When did Kopel send a crew in? 33 years later? And who there after 33 years is going to remember JK? To them all Americans looked alike in their helmets...

Oh I bet most of the communist enslaved people of Vietnam "remember" Kerry...he is afterall a revered hero to them after he greatly assisted in the defeat of the United States, and then later brought trade and other normalization benefits to communist Vietnam. Local villagers in understandable fear of a brutal communist central government can hardly be expected to say anything to US reporters other than what would be in the best interests of the communists...the election of Kerry to POTUS!
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush played soundbites from the show last night and I couldn't contain myself. Koppel kept saying put the book down and O'Neill never backed down. He reminded him of Kerry's own biography and how it contridicted their story. A guy called Rush and remarked on the Vietnam Party Worker that stayed with them the whole shoot. They watched and were in control of everything said and done. One more example of meeting with the enemy. I guess they got the Halperin memo. I guess their new slogan is if skerry can't meet with the enemy we can. John asked why they would go to a closed society without freedom of speech and not take info from skerry's on book that didn't even back up their story. Koppel had nothing on him. He did his closing remarks sounding so much like Blather. We weren't born yesterday. Kool-Aid anyone?
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted Koppel and the 80% the MSM people are just kisisng Kerry's @$$. You don't send investigators to Vietnam with a pre-conclusion that Kerry's story is consistent. What a pathetic journalism.
clevelandswiftvetadmirer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: I heard JO on Rush today - what a great performance Reply with quote

I can't believe that the press would want to revive the issue at this late hour. And to give JO such a platform was not a pro-kerry idea. How ridiculous to interview the VC (our enemy) to stand up against the deciorated Swiftee heros. I just don't see what Koppel hoped to accomplish.

Oneil was again outstanding, acting credible, keeping calm, and making point after point after point. Keep up the great work John.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: