SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ladies and Gentlemen..It's time...Pics now posted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Ladies and Gentlemen..It's time...Pics now posted Reply with quote

I have been reluctant to show visual support for my candidate because of violent acts from the other side. I'm tired of that now Mad
My friend and I went to the Bush rally after the last Debate. The Stands at BOB were full to 3 levels I would say apx 50,0000 in attendence and unreported by the media. It was a fantastic and memorable time. The vets then and now were thanked by each and every one of us on several occasions through the evening . After the rally my friend and I went to Monti's where a local radio station was broadcasting. We went into the bar to order Coffee and were yelled at by a drunken Kerry supporter who told me to take of my hat. He began yelling for his friends that "this Republican over here was being mean to him" I was not being mean I just refused to remove my Bush/ Cheney hat. I told him I'm not a Republican his girlfriend came up to us and *Gasped* "Thats Impossible". My friend said "why is that impossible? I'm a Democrat, niether one of us would vote for the traitor Kerry!"
I have vowed from that point on to show my support for my candidate because I don't think its fair for them to intimidate us. I wore my hat to a video store and the mood was dark as one guy left he yelled "GO KERRY".
The idea I have is to show that Kerry is NOT POPULAR by visual effects.
Show your distaste for Kerry by wearing Kerry Lied T-shirts or hats. Or support you candidate who ever it is as long as the other side is aware We the People of these United States DO NOT SUPPORT John F'n Kerry!

Thank you for listening Wink

Last edited by manelly on Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: its time Reply with quote

Just to add to your comment. On Labor Day some people in Poplar Bluff Missouri got together and asked President Bush to come to our small part of the state. They managed to get 1000 signatures inviting him. Poplar Bluff has a population of about 18,000 residents.

The President accepted the invitation on Labor Day. The Republican Headquarters announced there were free tickets. Anyway to make a long story short, in this town of 18,000 over 36,000 people showed up. The President said he wished Laura could see this with him. He spoke for about 45 minutes and there was an elderly gentleman on stage, he looked to be 85 years old or so. The president shook his hand , gave him a big hug. The son wanted a picture and after he took it President Bush embrassed the old gentleman and kissed him on the side of his head. I was very touched to witness that. Also there was not a heckler one.

John Edwards came to Cape Girardeau a month earlier. He had to drive through Bush country signs. In a town of 45,000 he was only greeted by a crowd of 300. I've been paying attention to the candidates at their rally's on T.V. because Poplar Bluff got some press on Fox. If you'll notice the camera's scan the Bush crowds, but with Kerry they only show people standing behind "Gomer Pyle" when he speaks.

I'm praying from now till election day for a blow out for Bush. So these idiots from the left can go home and shut da He** up.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the tightness of the camera to Kerry's face that makes it difficult to see the crowd. I have many pictures from the rally, I'd post them if I knew how. I have 1 in particular that shows how overwhelmed President Bush looked when he came out onto the field to see th stands filled. He said he likes it when we pray for him. That statement alone gives me clear indication that all of us have been heard.
After Election day we may need to continue showing support as visually as possible because you know the loonies will claim voter fraud. If we continue to show where we stand that should make the claim more difficult... Smile ...I hope.

Manelly
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can bet your last nickel that each of these cameramen didnt accidentally hold a tight shot on purpose. I for one dont want to see the dan bladder thing "go away" after kerry's loss. I've had it with these j***offs.

(and I don't want no wood either)
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you manelly I'm over on the west side in Glendale and my wife and I do allot of traveling back and forth across town. And though there are "some" Kerry supporters we don't run into many, at least not that will own up to being one LOL! Yes it takes a drunk or a coward to make the statements you and your friend heard, but everywhere i go all I see is Bush/Cheney signs. Though I did see one "guarded in the house window" totally faded out Kerry/Edwards sign, it was in a house that looked abandoned!

I don’t know maybe it’s just my size 6’1” @ 265lbs that deters them Very Happy

p.s. Ride a Harley … Vote for Bush!
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we continue to show where we stand that should make the claim more difficult... Smile

I think it will, Manelly. For what it's worth, we're READY down here in Florida. We know what they're going to TRY to pull.... we're ready.

Aside from that, I don't think many people realize that after having 4 major hurricanes down here, a lot of us are NOT going to take too kindly to a bunch of union thugs, Jesse Jackson and crooked lawyers and judges swooping down on our state again like a bunch of buzzards picking at roadkill.

No.......not too kindly at all....

I'll be out there. I'll have my sign and my button and God help whoever thinks they're going to take it away from me.

FKA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manelly, nice post.. I am so glad you got to go to the event at BOB!!

You mention popular.. I was upset about how so many people follow and too few want to lead or just don't speak out its just too darn easy to go with the flow. Especially when we all want to be cool ( is that even being said these days) and as here I rambled with typos but I think it is what you are saying here. read my write up on popular.
webfreebees.net/Popular.html

Trish
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azTrish wrote
Quote:
You mention popular.. I was upset about how so many people follow and too few want to lead or just don't speak out its just too darn easy to go with the flow.

Yup Cool Thats it. Excellent write up!
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Texas there are tons of W'04 stickers around (I've got one on my car). One has to look hard to find a Kerry sticker.

Too bad we aren't a battleground state, Dubya will win here without breaking a sweat.

Texans know what's what! When I moved here in 1983 this was a solid Democrat state, now it is a solid Republican state. The old Yellow Dog Democrats are now mostly Blue Dog Republicans. It's not that they've changed, it's that their party changed.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Walk the Vote weekend for W, I wish them all good luck in getting the message out.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gomer Pyle, that is a hoot! Does anyone have the capability to put side by side photos of Kerry and Gomer together?
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is exactly that picture on the 2nd page of this thread
Liberty Rising
At Protest Warrior Laughing Very Happy
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manelly wrote:
I noticed the tightness of the camera to Kerry's face that makes it difficult to see the crowd. I have many pictures from the rally, I'd post them if I knew how. I have 1 in particular that shows how overwhelmed President Bush looked when he came out onto the field to see th stands filled. He said he likes it when we pray for him. That statement alone gives me clear indication that all of us have been heard.
After Election day we may need to continue showing support as visually as possible because you know the loonies will claim voter fraud. If we continue to show where we stand that should make the claim more difficult... Smile ...I hope.

Manelly

Folks:

I am posting a few of the rally pics here for Manelly. I hope this is ok with the Admins.

FKA

President Bush entering the stadium.

View of the crowd.

Another view of the crowd.

This lady handing out flags is one of the AZ Cardinal Cheerleaders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ashter
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe not one MSM story about this. That is an incredible crowd for a rally. Wish I could have been there.
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: To Bk_Mo & Manelly -Note or Two Reply with quote

Manelly
You will find a lot of support and encouragement here.
Fear goes away with action and thoughtful enterprise.

I have so many celebratory things to share about Bush at
the proper time.
We've got your back.
Remember a real leader only has to follow one.

There is a reason that the camera is always close on
Kerry. They do not want you to see the sparse crowds.
When he has a good crowd you will see him walk about.

Bk_Mo
You had a rare experience in Poplar Bluff! President Bush said
that was the greatest event of his CAREER.

My friend TONI BECKER and her band provided the entertainment.
She had written a song that she dedicated to him.
"Honest Man"
She also got to play for him at the last debate. So if any of
you there in AZ remember her you can follow up on her
music and career @ ToniBecker.com.
She is a great Christian, a wonderful talent and a devoted
Bush fan.

I say Rosy Grier had it right. "Real men can knit in public".

I am so pleased that President Bush does not seek applause,
photo ops, and "atta boys" all the time. He can make a hard call.

His kind are getting kinda rare except for our swiftees!

Make it a joyful day.
Mary Ann Parker

PS
You can see the helicopter landing in Poplar Bluff and a
couple of shots on Toni's site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: